I find it hard too :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Limesasquatch
I find it hard too :frown:

What happened to :

'are you retarde?

i got 100%'
Reply 83
Probably the easiest unit you'll ever do in Maths, C4 is ten times harder compared to C1. If you're finding it hard then don't worry too much, just do all the past papers until you average about 80%.
Original post by Notsocleverstudent
What happened to :

'are you retarde?

i got 100%'

What are you on about???

it was "u an retarded?
i swooped a amazing 100%"

i guess u failed it! pah!
Reply 85
It's the hardest Maths exam you've ever sat when you do it.

Come to C4 or even FP2/3 a year and a bit down the line, and you'll look back on it and laugh.
C1 is pretty hard if you don't look at the question (like literally, look at it), but otherwise I thought it was quite easy. The hardest thing was controlling my nerves, I got so nervous I almost fainted!
Reply 87
lol c1 should be gcse
Reply 88
When I first started doing C1 was finding it insanely difficult..then actually went through the examples and laughed at myself, especially after C4 O_o
Original post by Limesasquatch
What are you on about???

it was "u an retarded?
i swooped a amazing 100%"

i guess u failed it! pah!

Aaah damn, you caught me out
Original post by miscellaneous123
C1 is pretty hard if you don't look at the question (like literally, look at it), but otherwise I thought it was quite easy. The hardest thing was controlling my nerves, I got so nervous I almost fainted!

I get bad exam nerves too... it lead to me multiplying out 32\sqrt 3 ^2 wrong on my mock... :facepalm:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 91
C1 is easy as it gets, literally, the only way you can make a mistake is a silly one, eg, doing 8^2 is 16 or something like that...
C2 pushes it up a little still very easy... You have a calculator now, the main mistakes you will make is when you type something in wrong... may be one tiny tiny bit hard question for 2 marks...
C3 difficulty triples/quadruples still possible to get 100% but you actually have to work for it unlike in C1 and C2
C4 gets easier again but still way harder than C1 and C2...

If you struggle at C1 ask yourself, is it because you have just started AS and have no motivation (the case with 80% of people who find C1 hard...), if you are genuinely struggling and youknow you are working really hard, A2 maths just isn't for you :frown: thats just how it is with some people though, don't be disheartened, and if you find C1 hard and you are doing further maths, drop it as soon as you can...
I don't know how many times I've said this but I'M DOING IT NEXT YEAR, I'M JUST EXPRESSING WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME!
Reply 93
Original post by King-Panther

I don't know how many times I've said this but I'M DOING IT NEXT YEAR, I'M JUST EXPRESSING WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME!

Yeah, we're saying that if, when you come to it, you find C1 extremely difficult, you should consider whether or not to follow through with A2 Mathematics.

If you do Further Mathematics concurrently, and you find C1 very difficult, you will stand absolutely no chance of a passing grade on FP1.
Original post by RK92
hardness out of 10 (10 being the hardest in relative terms, not that i actually find it impossible):

c1 3/10
c2 4/10
c3 6/10
c4 6/10
d1 4/10
m1 4/10
m2 5/10
m3 6/10
de 8/10
fp1 5/10
fp2 10/10
fp3 9/10

id say that fp2 is the hardest module, but tbh, all are do-able.

D1 4/10? you joking pal
Reply 95
Honestly, C1 should be easy for anyone who is good at maths, and should be ok for not so good mathematicians but if someone finds it hard, then maths isnt for them.
Reply 96
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
This. C1 is designed to be easy. If you're finding that hard, jump before you're pushed.

i find ur picture offensive
if u want to be aethist, fine. just dont shove it in my face
Reply 97
Original post by joestevens2092
D1 4/10? you joking pal

its all memory skills and i have the memory of a sieve.. hence 4/10. my difficulty ratings are just my opinion..
(edited 13 years ago)
How many of you are doing AS maths this year?? As I mentioned before, people I know are finding it difficult this year, is this the case every year and going of the smart ass comments its not.

It's one of those subjects that gets a lot of As every year - mainly because lots of people do it though. But because of this, thats probably why the likes of Cambridge and Warwick ask for a STEP as well - the A Level maths doesnt differentiate the best from the those achieving high grades I guess.

If you're afraid that you might struggle, perhaps reading parts of it during the summers holiday will help reduce workload along the year.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Maths_Lover
I get bad exam nerves too... it lead to me multiplying out 32\sqrt 3 ^2 wrong on my mock... :facepalm:

Ah well, at least it was only a mock! On the real exam I was having trouble verifying the distance between 2 co-ordinates.....

Quick Reply

Latest