The Student Room Group

Should I take a risk and resit?

These are the grades I got

Unit 1 - 65/80 - A
Unit 2 - 90/120 - B

Unit 1 - 80/100 - A
Unit 2 - 69/100 - C

I'm defenitely going to retake the B and C I got, but should I retake the As aswell? I mean, I just got it. Or should I leave it and focus on my other exams in the summer?
(edited 13 years ago)
How is that a risk? They take the highest grade; if you got a B it would be cancelled out by the A.
Reply 2
Personally, I would leave them. They take away time from your other exams, and seeing as they are As, I don't think it's worth it. Just concentrate on the ones you really want to resit.

:smile:
Reply 3
lol 65/100 = A, hows that mate?, also how comes your first set of grades are out of 220, never heard of a alevel where a as or a2 is out of 220, i maybe wrong. And, tbh, no dont resit the A, think bout, if you have worked hard for that A, you will have to do the same amount + more to get a better grade. I resat a C grade at most.
Reply 4
If you need to get As, picking up the UMS marks here would be helpful, as they are low As. But if you feel that you can't handle the pressure of extra exams, then just put all your effort into picking up the B and the C.
Reply 5
Original post by okapobcfc08
lol 65/100 = A, hows that mate?, also how comes your first set of grades are out of 220, never heard of a alevel where a as or a2 is out of 220, i maybe wrong. And, tbh, no dont resit the A, think bout, if you have worked hard for that A, you will have to do the same amount + more to get a better grade. I resat a C grade at most.

Sorry, it ws supposed to be out of 80, not 100.
Reply 6
Original post by JamesLanek
Sorry, it ws supposed to be out of 80, not 100.

lol dont worry mate no need to apologize, but still it's up to you mate, if you are born perfectionist you will want to retake (I know how that feels), but I think you should just bang out your final exams.
Reply 7
Original post by ThisIsOurDecision
How is that a risk? They take the highest grade; if you got a B it would be cancelled out by the A.

Been told UMS marks count most. I mean after all, don't they add them all up to give you a final grade?

Original post by Helsy
Personally, I would leave them. They take away time from your other exams, and seeing as they are As, I don't think it's worth it. Just concentrate on the ones you really want to resit.

:smile:

My teacher told me that too. I mean, I only got a B and C because I had a migrane that day.

Original post by twoforjoy
If you need to get As, picking up the UMS marks here would be helpful, as they are low As. But if you feel that you can't handle the pressure of extra exams, then just put all your effort into picking up the B and the C.

I will revise hard, however if I retake the B and C and get low As, would that be bad? Am I putting to much emphasise on the UMS marks as oppose to the actual grade?
Reply 8
may I ask what subject these grades are in, and are they AS or A2
Reply 9
Original post by okapobcfc08
may I ask what subject these grades are in, and are they AS or A2

Sociology and Politics and they are AS.
You are chilling mate, I thought you was in your final year. Leave it now, and see what you get in January for A2, do the maths (what marks is what grade), then decide to retake
Original post by JamesLanek
Been told UMS marks count most. I mean after all, don't they add them all up to give you a final grade?

OK then, if you resat and got 79, it would be cancelled out by the 80. There isn't a risk.
Reply 12
If you resit twice, does the highest grade still count ie in total you have done that exam 3 times is it still the highest mark counts?
Reply 13
Original post by ThisIsOurDecision
OK then, if you resat and got 79, it would be cancelled out by the 80. There isn't a risk.

What if its you 2nd resit i.e. total of 3 attempts doing the same unit exam? Still highest mark counts?

Quick Reply

Latest