The Student Room Group

Why is Japan so special?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Nayred
Bangladeshi Cyclones exceeded 100,000.

I dunno, I guess it might be because Japan's usually prepared for earthquakes but it was a tsunami :s-smilie:
& their nuclear stuff is really unstable. But Bangladesh is low lying and regularly get floods & cyclones.
Reply 21
Original post by Nayred
Bangladeshi Cyclones exceeded 100,000.

who cares about Bangladesh
Reply 22
Original post by Nayred
There have been so many recent disasters - Bangladesh Cyclones, Mexico Floods, Indonesian Mud Volcano, North Korea Floods, etc - that had far more casualties than Japan, yet the media keeps stressing as if this disaster is more important than any other. Prominent celebrities are even holding concerts to raise money for the victims. This is totally fine and the Japanese disaster is tragic but why is Japan so important?

They all sound like ice hockey teams. And also, it's because Japan's not the sort of country you expect to get swept away in that sort of thing because of its developed infrastructure.
Reply 23
Why is your opinion so special? :holmes:
Reply 24
Because its the most recent disaster and they have a more extensive coverage over it due to the fact that it is much more developed so much more images and video was captured. Also the after effects of it will impact upon the whole world.
It's the worlds 3rd biggest economy so any stagnation to them affects us because we share so much common goods, like cars, electronics, even your anime will be delayed:cry2: the west and Japan trade goods and services and with this clean up happening there's not gonna be any trade or business running to their most efficient. Not that Japan is special or anything but because IT effect us the most in this disaster.
Original post by amsie/
Yes, because the world revolves around your beliefs :rolleyes:

It is a fact though, not a belief. I consider Japan superior to other Western nations though, because they are proud enough not to buy into this self-destructive multi-kult nonsense, which will be the end of us.
Because the disaster completely destroyed a lot of parts of Japan?

Maybe I have to agree that it's because it is a first world country, I mean it's not like we had a lot of coverage from disasters in third world countries like Hai...Oh wait..
Reply 28
This thread just reminded me to visit sickipedia to see what informed opinions are held on the earthquake by our informed population.
Reply 29
Retarded thread is retarded. Have you not seen the news footage and the chilling figures being reported!? Jesus.
Reply 30
Original post by OdinsThunder
It is a fact though, not a belief. I consider Japan superior to other Western nations though, because they are proud enough not to buy into this self-destructive multi-kult nonsense, which will be the end of us.

Make up your mind :rolleyes:
Hey? :s-smilie:
Original post by Nayred

They are the world's 3rd biggest economy so of course they are important.
The media probably go for the one that happen at a very very large scale...

Anyway, Haiti also get a lot of coverage... :P
Reply 33
Original post by Steph90
This thread just reminded me to visit sickipedia to see what informed opinions are held on the earthquake by our informed population.

"BBC SPORT: Japan confirm planned football matches to go ahead.

BBC SPORT SCOTLAND: Inverness match against Celtic postponed due to waterlogged pitch."

:teehee:
Reply 34
Original post by @YASMINSHiNKi
Japan offers so much to the world!
- Cars
-Computers
- Machines
- New Technologies
- MANGA's :u:
- Animes
- JROCK <3

... Need i say more ?

Yes.

Sushi and Katanas :biggrin:
Reply 35
Original post by spongle

Original post by spongle
&quot;BBC SPORT: Japan confirm planned football matches to go ahead.

BBC SPORT SCOTLAND: Inverness match against Celtic postponed due to waterlogged pitch.&quot;

:teehee:

Lol.. that's nothing, I think you want to scroll down a bit. :tongue:
Because it was a huge shock; Japan was meant to be one of the best equipped for an earthquake, and yet it's resulted in over 1,300 dead and a predicted 10,000 missing. It's an awful thing that's happened... I don't think that your choice of title is very tactful to be honest.
Reply 37
Original post by Steph90
Lol.. that's nothing, I think you want to scroll down a bit. :tongue:

I didn't want to be accused of being a terrible person by quoting the other ones! :colondollar:
Original post by @YASMINSHiNKi
Japan offers so much to the world!
- Cars
-Computers
- Machines
- New Technologies
- MANGA's :u:
- Animes
- JROCK <3

... Need i say more ?

:rofl:
Original post by infernalcradle
because japan is a major economic country, and if they "go down", we here in the west go down....

and also we rely on them for lots of things

And let's face it, firstly would North Korea want anyone's help? Also on the economy front I suspect that North Korea's economy wouldn't affect anyone else's greatly.
Like Infernalcradle said... Tokyo is an economic hub.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending