The Student Room Group

Sheffield or Huddersfield ???

HELP! ive got conditional offers at both sheffield hallam and huddersfield unis to do nursing diploma, but im stuck which one to go to... i live in barnsley so sheffield is easier because placements are in barnsley,, but huddesfield i can do my degree in my third year which will be soooo much easier! HELPPPPPPPP xxxxx
Reply 1
Original post by rachelolivia
HELP! ive got conditional offers at both sheffield hallam and huddersfield unis to do nursing diploma, but im stuck which one to go to... i live in barnsley so sheffield is easier because placements are in barnsley,, but huddesfield i can do my degree in my third year which will be soooo much easier! HELPPPPPPPP xxxxx

Hi when did you hear from huddersfield? which branch is it you have applied for? you may be best phoning sheffield as a friend told me she had spoke to them and they did say to her that you are able to do the degree in the 3rd year, so you may want to check this
isn't Sheffield still an Advanced Diploma any way ?

pre-reg degree vs top-up is moot, as a pre-reg degree

1. WILL NOT make the slightest bit of difference to your appointability as newly qualified

2. will only be a small part of the issue once you have sufficient post registration experience to be applying for jobs / courses where you are required to have a degree , by which time having your SLiP/mentorship etc will be as much of a deal breaker as being a graduate...

Quick Reply

Latest