The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Campus Photos

Scroll to see replies

Original post by affinity89
This photo of County has popped up on my FB feed. I thought it was an interesting angle, so I'm sharing it here. :smile:

This is the County South courtyard. The building in the middle is County South Lecture Theatre. :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 61
Hey, could you possibly put some pics of county basic en-suite (bedroom and kitchen/lounge if they have one) and i know im asking alot but any pic of sports facilities wouldd also be good (gym and football faccilities in particular).

Original post by Stamford
Hey, could you possibly put some pics of county basic en-suite (bedroom and kitchen/lounge if they have one) and i know im asking alot but any pic of sports facilities wouldd also be good (gym and football faccilities in particular).

There is no point putting up pictures of the current gym as the new one will be open from Sept 2011. If you search on the Lancaster Uni website, you should be able to find the plans for the new one which will give you an idea. :smile:

Click Here.

It's got photos from every college in, there is only 1 of County Basic En-suite but it at least gives you a vague idea of what to expect.

This is the County South courtyard. The building in the middle is County South Lecture Theatre. :smile:

Is that the famous tree in the background? I bloody hate that thing, I've been near it once and that was in freshers week when I screwed my shoulder up falling out of it!
Reply 64

the first post of this thread gives links to every known picture of the Campus. Please read it....
Reply 65
Original post by mackemforever

Is that the famous tree in the background? I bloody hate that thing, I've been near it once and that was in freshers week when I screwed my shoulder up falling out of it!

:lol:Haha, nice. I think everyone should have a drunken encounter with the county tree while at Lancaster. :tongue: But no, I don't think it is...the real tree would be off to the left of this picture, over in county main.
Hey, could anyone tell me which of the colleges with superior en suite rooms also have lounge areas? Thanks :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by georrggiiia
Hey, could anyone tell me which of the colleges with superior en suite rooms also have lounge areas? Thanks :smile:

um not sure..think is just grizedale....might be wrong.
Reply 68
Is there any photos of Graduate and Furness colleges?
Reply 69
Original post by som

there are photos of furness and graduate college on the facebook group as linked in the first post - can be found here and here
Reply 70
Original post by J1mjam
there are photos of furness and graduate college on the facebook group as linked in the first post - can be found here and here

Thanks m8!
Original post by som

My blog contains quite a few of Furness College, simply as I was there most of the time. :smile:
Reply 72
My blog contains quite a few of Furness College, simply as I was there most of the time. :smile:

Yeah well im staying in Furness for a month for the english course then going to graduate, thought I'd see how both look like. and they look cool!
Reply 73
What's the ensuite pendle like in terms of noise insulation? I'm a bit of a light sleeper.
Reply 74
Original post by gd1992
What's the ensuite pendle like in terms of noise insulation? I'm a bit of a light sleeper.

well it depends. if your flat is noisy. then no door in the world will keep the noise out. if you live opposite the flat door(like i did this year) everytime someone comes and goes you get a loud bang. which used to wake me up before i had a go at my flatmates for making it slam at 9am in the morning when i dont need to be up xD. in terms of insulating outside noise, the buildings on alexandra park are pretty good. my flatmate got annoyed with the guy above her making noise all the time though.
Original post by J1mjam
A few people have been asking for photos and information about the campus. Mostly what it looks like. So i thought i would make this thread to contain any photos or links to blogs, facebook pages etc that have photos of the campus.

While this thread is mostly made up of photos uploaded on this thread. The following 4 links also contain very good photos of the Campus and surrounding area. The Facebook Page has images of every type of accommodation.

My Blog - http://j1mjam.blogspot.com
Affinity89's Blog - http://astudentjournal.blogspot.com/
Lancaster residences(Facebook) - http://www.facebook.com/LUAccommodation?sk=photos
The first post of the Accommodation thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=16549151&postcount=1

Cartmel Room(Coutesy of RabbitCFH). all cartmel, lonsdale and pendle supier ensuite rooms look like this and most other supier ensuite and standard ensuite look very similar:

Spoiler

County Superior Standard(Courtesy of Nereis):

Kitchen/living/dining area. This is all one room.

There's 3 full size fridge freezers behind the camera :P

Bathroom:

There's 5 of these, cleaned by a cleaner yay

Bedroom:

Sink

Biggg noticeboard

Desk area with more noticeboard

Photos of County(courtesy of Affinity89):

Spoiler

Townhouse Room, Bathroom(separate) and bottom floor living space/kitchen area(courtesy of Manitude):

Spoiler

Alexandra Square(Works Finished)(Courtesy of Affinity89):

Spoiler

View from a Londsale Room, South-West Campus (courtesy of Lancastermike):

Spoiler

if you can think of any more. Post up and ill add them to the list :smile:

Looking at the County Superior Standard, the washbasin only has one tap, does it have both hot and cold tap water?
Original post by prettygood
Looking at the County Superior Standard, the washbasin only has one tap, does it have both hot and cold tap water?

It looks like a mixer tap. There is a handle which you move around to alter the temperature. :smile:
Original post by prettygood

affinity89
It looks like a mixer tap. There is a handle which you move around to alter the temperature. :smile:

All the taps are like this in the newer accommodation. Don't worry you wont be without hot water!
Reply 78
You say that now....try saying that when you try and have a shower before your 9am lectures. no bloody hot water then! .....memories
Original post by J1mjam
X

I will send you some picture of furness superior ensuite when I have tidied up and borrowed a camera. I could also upload a photo of the petrol station as seen from my window.

Quick Reply

Latest