The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy Derby - Books

Hi

Do any exisiting students know what the reading material is for the BSc Occupational Therapy? Is there a main textbook? I would like to get one second hand and cheap in preparation so would like to know in advance.

Thanks
Reply 1
Hi

I am starting at Derby this September too. Any advice regarding the OT course would be very much appreciated...:smile:

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by louise1975

[QUOTE="louise1975;31725236"]Hi

I am starting at Derby this September too. Any advice regarding the OT course would be very much appreciated...:smile:

Thanks[/QUOTE

The advice I got was learn the skeletal anatomy before you start and read up on common neurological issues like dementia and alzeihmers.
OOOO me too books and advice!

I have been temping in a hospital social work team so i have started picking up some medical terms. I was advised to get a nurses dictionary they define the medical words in an understandable way and even tell you how to pronounce them :smile:
Reply 4
Willard and Spackman's Occupational Therapy is like an OT bible, it's pretty expensive to buy though as it's so big!
also Skills for practice in Occupational Therapy by Edward Duncan is very helpful! and it's worth downloading Jennifer Creek's "Occupational therapy defined as a complex intervention" ...if you google it you should be able to find it!
hope this helps!
Reply 5
Original post by FairyNuff
Willard and Spackman's Occupational Therapy is like an OT bible, it's pretty expensive to buy though as it's so big!
also Skills for practice in Occupational Therapy by Edward Duncan is very helpful! and it's worth downloading Jennifer Creek's "Occupational therapy defined as a complex intervention" ...if you google it you should be able to find it!
hope this helps!

Oooh thanks FairyNuff this is brilliant!Can you suggest any decent anatomy books at all? There are so many and I'm not sure how much detail we will go into. Thank yoouuu :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Tremmu
Oooh thanks FairyNuff this is brilliant!Can you suggest any decent anatomy books at all? There are so many and I'm not sure how much detail we will go into. Thank yoouuu :biggrin:

Tortora and Derrickson - Principles of anatomy and physiology is the anatomy book that i use, it's got everything you'll need to know in it!

Quick Reply

Latest