University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Extended Degree in Science hertfordshire

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
[QUOTE="naijacouture;42861789"]
Original post by HaliKay

It was really good and the teachers seemed really nice. There are labs and classes that are well equipped and big (well compared to mine) and they're all on one floor :biggrin: the areas quiet lol (I live in London) but I guess I'll get used to it :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

you don't understand how happy i am to find people that are doing this course with me! my offer just changed from conditional to unconditional! Also live in London... so nervous to start uni!!
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Hey i hope this thread is still alive. I got a place in the extended engineering course and Im totally lost with finding accommodation. Any help would be amazing. Are there any particular places I should go to look for places? I have no idea what im doing and slightly freaking out! :s-smilie:
Reply 42
Original post by mariecorsini
Hey i hope this thread is still alive. I got a place in the extended engineering course and Im totally lost with finding accommodation. Any help would be amazing. Are there any particular places I should go to look for places? I have no idea what im doing and slightly freaking out! :s-smilie:

Where do you plan to live ? Campus or off campus. Try facebook Hertfordshire groups for off campus accommodation.

http://issuu.com/uniofherts/docs/accommoguide_web_17apr03

I can help you with campus accommodation.
Original post by mariecorsini

Hey there! Which college campus will you be studying at? You can get a list of accommodation from the college. I had to rent a room near the uni campus as I couldn't find any in Stevenage :frown: I'll be using the uno bus to get to Stevenage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="amdurer1;43918785"]
Original post by naijacouture

you don't understand how happy i am to find people that are doing this course with me! my offer just changed from conditional to unconditional! Also live in London... so nervous to start uni!!

Whoooo! Are you commuting from London? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
[QUOTE="YummyDietician;44110779"]
Original post by amdurer1

Whoooo! Are you commuting from London? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yee i am, are you?? Where do you livee?
[QUOTE="amdurer1;44122603"]
Original post by YummyDietician

Yee i am, are you?? Where do you livee?

Nah, I live in Croydon, Surrey. The far end of Croydon which is near Kent :/ but still in London lol if I could drive it would be easier for me but sadly I can't... Commuting would be too much everything (from money to hassle :/)

Btw my username was naijacouture but I forgot my password for that one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
[QUOTE="YummyDietician;44133380"]

Nah, I live in Croydon, Surrey. The far end of Croydon which is near Kent :/ but still in London lol if I could drive it would be easier for me but sadly I can't... Commuting would be too much everything (from money to hassle :/)

Btw my username was naijacouture but I forgot my password for that one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh, that's annoying for you! I also don't drive yet, going to get that pink bus. So, are you doing the same thing as me? are you only doing the course for a year in stevenage? do you even know what's involved in the science degree? i haven't been given any info. We start on the 18th Sept, right? also, do you have facebook? will be nice to meet someone doing my course before i go haha- don't know anyone!
[QUOTE="amdurer1;44148313"]
Original post by YummyDietician

oh, that's annoying for you! I also don't drive yet, going to get that pink bus. So, are you doing the same thing as me? are you only doing the course for a year in stevenage? do you even know what's involved in the science degree? i haven't been given any info. We start on the 18th Sept, right? also, do you have facebook? will be nice to meet someone doing my course before i go haha- don't know anyone!

Hee hee I think the pink bus is the uno bus :biggrin: I'm doing the 1st year in Stevenage and then progressing onto a degree in Hertfordshire uni! yes same as you! If you want basic info then you can go on the uni website and check out the extended degree... It will tell you everything that the course involves. And yep we start on the 18th - quite soon :/ I will private message my Facebook to you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I'm Sainthavi I'll be joining North Herts his September to study extended degree in pharmaceutical science I was wondering whether any of are deciding to rent out a place nearby?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Or is doesn't matter if its only a room

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's hard to find people doing the same course. Im hoping you guys will me
Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
[QUOTE="amdurer1;43918785"]
Original post by naijacouture

Heyy!!! It made me so happy that someone is doing the course haha...
Struggling to find out what accommodation is best in terms of distance and liveliness. Any help would be much appreciated :smile:) im really not good at this,
thanks xx
Original post by dancingrobots
Are you talking about the course with an extended year (year 0) or a foundation course?
If you are talking about the first one, then I can help :biggrin: (And feel free to contact me for anything regarding the foundation course)
I'm currently on the foundation course for engineering, and will be moving onto the proper course this september. Anyway, its best that first you contact the university - phoning them would be best because right about now they are dealing with uni exams, and all the A2 applications, and they can take a while to email reply sometimes; ask them if you would be able to transfer onto the pharmacy course after completing the full time course. If not, ask them if there is another foundation course that would allow you to pass onto the pharmacy course. If they would let you pass onto the pharmacy course, then thats great. All you have to do is get a certain pass mark in the initial year - for me its 55%, but for pharmacy, I would imagine it would be about 60%.
I would advise you to do that first. Then feel free to ask me anything you want to know about the course, living e.c.t. :smile:

Is the Engineering foundation fun? I don't like the idea of being bored by something simple etc.....Also how many people were in your class?
Reply 54
Hi guys is anyone starting this course in September and travelling from london if yes please message me need help with rail cards
Reply 55
[QUOTE="nunuayy;47658081"]

Heyy!!! It made me so happy that someone is doing the course haha...
Struggling to find out what accommodation is best in terms of distance and liveliness. Any help would be much appreciated :smile:) im really not good at this,
thanks xx

hii im also thinking about doing this course depending on whether i can find accomadation or not!
i think its so unfairr that they dont allow that, it takes away the uni experience in a way.
how old are you btw and were will u be travelling from?
Reply 56
[QUOTE="_iiGEO;49609483"]
Original post by nunuayy

hii im also thinking about doing this course depending on whether i can find accomadation or not!
i think its so unfairr that they dont allow that, it takes away the uni experience in a way.
how old are you btw and were will u be travelling from?

Im 19 wbu?, and live near newcastle. I haven't sorted my accomadation out. Thats so true, i wish they offered some sort of help too atleast. But apparently 'Origins housing' are offering accomadation to student but they have strict rules about having friwnds over. When i spoke to them on the phone they said if a guest comes over they can only stay in the guest room and pay £30 per night... also bring your own study desk too :/:/ what are you doing for freshers? Have you sorted your accom?
Reply 57
Original post by jiinks
well, the name of the course is extended degree in science and its course code is BCF0, studied at north hertfordshire college, and i applied for it to use it as a means to get onto the pharmacy course, so when i worte my personal statment it was based on pharmacy...i just wasnt particularly sure, if they would let me onto the pharamcy course because in the prospectus it mentioned places were limited..
i also overhead, that i wouldnt be able to live on campus for that year and i wanted to know if that true aswell?:confused:

Hey I just wanted to ask if u have done this course and if you are doing the pharmacy course now? How was the work and is it harder than alevels?
Thanks
Original post by Samaraxx
Hey I just wanted to ask if u have done this course and if you are doing the pharmacy course now? How was the work and is it harder than alevels?
Thanks

generally they would be easier as you have less exams, in engineering we have 5 exams(2 in jan 3 in may) and the modules are 40% coursework also(not 20% like as and a2). Don't know about the other sciences though but it should be similar.
Reply 59
[QUOTE="nunuayy;49673337"]
Original post by _iiGEO

Im 19 wbu?, and live near newcastle. I haven't sorted my accomadation out. Thats so true, i wish they offered some sort of help too atleast. But apparently 'Origins housing' are offering accomadation to student but they have strict rules about having friwnds over. When i spoke to them on the phone they said if a guest comes over they can only stay in the guest room and pay £30 per night... also bring your own study desk too :/:/ what are you doing for freshers? Have you sorted your accom?

hii im 19 aswell from cardiff, wales! i know im actually gutted about the accomadation as no help is provided in finding anywhere thats another stress added to the list lool, well thats a pretty ****ty rule lmao thats social life out the drain, ive decided not to do the course at hertfordshire due to not finding accomadation :frown: so im doing it at uclan instead where you can go in halls! then hoping to transfer to a uni closer to london.. i wish you the best in luck anyways let me knw how u get along :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest