The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Extended Degree in Science hertfordshire

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I'm on this course too. Moving into my accommodation 15th September. Planning to go to Paramedic sciences afterwards but if other more rewarding careers are available we'll see.

So are you all going to the registration on 17th! Anyone already moved in and seen what it's like/been on a open day because I've never seen NHC - only the Uni. I'm commuting from Hatifeld myself as I'm wanting to join the Hertfordshire athletic union. We can still do that right? Even though on an extended degree, we don't have to wait till next year??
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
I'm moving in tomorrow..
Basically you can do anything that's apart of the university..because you are apart of the university... Lol
Just that we study in the college :smile:
Nhc.. Is very big and modern with good facilaties .. And its next door to asda.
In regards to this course there is an interview which is required because my personal statement was based onoharmacy will the course questions be on pharmacy I'm confused
Hi anyone out there... ive just found out extended degree science is available in clearing I missed out on my choices for radiography as my grades lower tgan than expected A maths D physics E german. .. so thinking of applying to this as it leads to degree ... was wondering anyone else applying this year & if you csn get accommodation at university
Reply 85
Original post by strabane15
Hi anyone out there... ive just found out extended degree science is available in clearing I missed out on my choices for radiography as my grades lower tgan than expected A maths D physics E german. .. so thinking of applying to this as it leads to degree ... was wondering anyone else applying this year & if you csn get accommodation at university

Hey.. im going to studying this course this year so that i can hopefully get into the radiography course next year.

You can get accommodation at the university. Thats where im going to be living for the year if i dont find another option. Just to let you know the uni accommodation is approximately 30 mins away from the college where the course is taught at. Personally i think its just too far so im looking into renting privately.

Look it up online you can try the journey planner on google maps which will tell you how far they are from each other.

I hoped i helped you & if you need any more information or help just ask☺
SnowX
(edited 8 years ago)
Snowx thanks fir your swift & informative reply, if I get in I'll be travelling from ireland I like the idea where you csn also apply & hopefully get in to degree course the following year. .. decision decsions
Original post by SnowX
Hey.. im going to studying this course this year so that i can hopefully get into the radiography course next year.

You can get accommodation at the university. Thats where im going to be living for the year if i dont find another option. Just to let you know the uni accommodation is approximately 30 mins away from the college where the course is taught at. Personally i think its just too far so im looking into renting privately.

Look it up online you can try the journey planner on google maps which will tell you how far they are from each other.

I hoped i helped you & if you need any more information or help just ask☺
SnowX

Unfortunately course is full :-(
Reply 88
Original post by strabane15
Unfortunately course is full :-(

Ohh thats unfortunate. Do you have any other options? My friend is starting at London Metroplitan university this year on a similar course to this one you could try calling them and see if its any good for you.

SnowX
Hi,

I am interested in applying for extended science degree for 2016 entry at Hertfordshire University as I would like to pursue a degree in Pharmacy

I have looked at the entry requirements and it states 120 UCAS points are required from A-Levels or equivalent

Unfortunately, due to a bereavement within my family I did not achieve the AS Levels I wanted, and am now considering the extended science degree to entry of Pharmacy

Therefore, I just wanted to ask if I did 2 A2-Levels this year in Biology and Maths, would I be eligible to apply for extended science degree at Hertfordshire university?.And would I be able to transfer into Year 1 of Pharmacy after successful completion of course

I have also got grade b in AS psychology and A in EPQ... Will the EPQ be taken into account for UCAS points?

Thanks,
Reply 90
Hey guys! Don't know if this thread is still active but I am going to be studying this Extended Science course next month and i have been offered accommodation in Hertfordshire Uni, just wondering if anyone else doing this course is staying in uni accommodation? I'm in Telford Court!
Hoping to go onto Radiography after this course also :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by Cbh1919
Hey guys! Don't know if this thread is still active but I am going to be studying this Extended Science course next month and i have been offered accommodation in Hertfordshire Uni, just wondering if anyone else doing this course is staying in uni accommodation? I'm in Telford Court!
Hoping to go onto Radiography after this course also :smile:

Hey! Im gonna be studying this course too in couple of weeks. Im also staying at the uni accomdation im gonna be staying at Shenley de Havilland.

And i also want to study Radiography 😊

SnowX
Reply 92
[QUOTE=SnowX;58776645]Hey! Im gonna be studying this course too in couple of weeks. Im also staying at the uni accomdation im gonna be staying at Shenley de Havilland.

And i also want to study Radiography 😊

SnowX

Hey 😄 that's great that there is others staying in the campus too! I'm in Telford Court for induction week and moving to Spalding Court after that!
They told me that we could get a bus from the uni to North Herts everyday for about £2 which is good😊

Do you know anything about the induction week actually?
Reply 93
Original post by Cbh1919
Hey 😄 that's great that there is others staying in the campus too! I'm in Telford Court for induction week and moving to Spalding Court after that!
They told me that we could get a bus from the uni to North Herts everyday for about £2 which is good😊

Do you know anything about the induction week actually?

Hey 😊

Thats great i was wondering how i would get there everyday.

Are you on the facebook group? Cause on there some guy posted ( i think hes our teacher) that were gonna get our timetables on the 17th and were gonna be split into 5 groups. Oh and on the 21st i think. We have to go enrol at the university.
Reply 94
[QUOTE=SnowX;58779913]Hey 😊

Thats great i was wondering how i would get there everyday.

Are you on the facebook group? Cause on there some guy posted ( i think hes our teacher) that were gonna get our timetables on the 17th and were gonna be split into 5 groups. Oh and on the 21st i think. We have to go enrol at the university.

Ya I joined that group but I found it kinda confusing 😅
Okay that's perfect thanks so much!
I'm moving into accommodation the day before induction 😊
Also I'm heading there with two others who want to study radiography so there must be a lot going for it 🙊
Reply 95
Original post by Cbh1919
Ya I joined that group but I found it kinda confusing 😅
Okay that's perfect thanks so much!
I'm moving into accommodation the day before induction 😊
Also I'm heading there with two others who want to study radiography so there must be a lot going for it 🙊

Yeah seems like it. Looks like the course is very popular. Same i dont get who the person who keeps posting is. Im moving in on the 12th☺
Hey. I'm not doing science but I'm taking a foundation year of computing at NHC. I have been offered accomadation by hertfordshire uni (spalding court) and from what I heard we are free to use their facilities as we are still members of their university.
Reply 97
I applied for pharmacy but mu grades arnt great so i got a place foundation course at west hert college. As you have now completed your foundation year i just wana know hows ur experience. Is it really help to start the career in pharmacy ahead Thanks
Original post by Nimxxx
I applied for pharmacy but mu grades arnt great so i got a place foundation course at west hert college. As you have now completed your foundation year i just wana know hows ur experience. Is it really help to start the career in pharmacy ahead Thanks

Hi there, glad to hear you're going to one of our consortium colleges. If you've got any questions about the course, just let us know.
Reply 99
i heard that its really hard to get 70% in initial year to get transfer to pharmacy. Is it really ture. i mean whats the ratio of students getting in to pharmacy after this course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending