The Student Room Group

Engineering vs Architecture BSc/BA??

Hi im a year 12 student currently studying Maths, Chemistry, Economics and Art, In the January modules I recieved an A in C1 (98 UMS), A in chemistry (83 UMS), B in economics and art i wont get until June. I'm thinking about university courses and can't decide between engineering and architecture, i know with my A/S at the moment (no physics/f maths) i dont really have a chance of getting onto a top engineering course, although i could always pick up physics or f maths a/s next year?. I think i have a good chance of getting onto a top architecture course but im not sure about the grad prospects/wages etc at the moment, does any one have any advice?
(edited 13 years ago)
Well, do you want to be an engineer or an architect?
Reply 2
i would say architecture is more competitive than engineering!!!
have a better look around the architecture section of this website and see if its a course you'd even actually want to do. its a LOT of work, lots of money and takes 7 years to complete...for not very high pay in an insecure market

inform yourself of what both degrees would involve.

good luck!
Reply 4
for engineering, further maths and physics are both quite desirable as far as i know... but i dont know an awful lot about eng or architecture but other than the fact that they are very quite courses so you should probably decided which is more for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending