The Student Room Group

geography, one of the easiest a-level?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Olliee
Thank-you for your note, but considering I have used a semi-colon correctly and that we are not examined on their usage, then I think I shall pass.

Well, I can't really be bothered bickering with you, so I think we'll leave it at that, or this could go on for quite some time.
Weird that none of my friends found maths hard, despite it being the "5th hardest".
Reply 62
Original post by eliw92
Well, I can't really be bothered bickering with you, so I think we'll leave it at that, or this could go on for quite some time.

I was going to say the same thing, considering this has deviated from the title somewhat.
This is hilarious. I do French, German, Spanish, geography, chemistry and maths and am dropping geography at the end of this year because I can't cope with it!

January exams: French 98% (no revision), geography 83% (more revision than I have ever done in my life).
Reply 64
my geography teacher says one of the hardest subjects at AS is geography because theres so much content. personally i got an A in gen studies with half an hour of revision on the bus. i guess it depends on the person i know someone who got an A in maths and chemistry and a U in general studies with immense revision. i also do english literature and i dont think a jump between gcse and a level even exists in it.
Original post by Olliee
Easiest =/= most useless.

Easiest subjects, then you could consider English one, yes. However it's actually quite useful (well, if you want to go into journalism and stuff like that). Is Geography useful? No. Sociology, Law, Politics, Economics, Psychology? Er, no.

Geography is one of the most employable degrees. So I don't think you can justify saying it's useless.
General Studies is only high up the list because a lot of people are forced to do it and don't write anything/take the piss - I have a good dozen friends who got U's in AS general studies who are getting A/B grades in there other subjects.
Reply 67
Original post by TheLastDaysOfDisco
Geography is one of the most employable degrees. So I don't think you can justify saying it's useless.

Oh really? Considering you don't actually need Geography A-Level to do a Geography degree?
Original post by Olliee
Oh really? Considering you don't actually need Geography A-Level to do a Geography degree?

Haha. Yes, you do for some universities. Some ask for a Geography a-level, some don't. Regardless, it still doesn't render a-level Geography useless.
Reply 69
No, but it does say something when it's not a requirement. :wink:
Reply 70
Geography is not easy!
i did it last year and all the smartest students predicted AAAA didnt get an A they got like C/Bs (However they managed to do well in their other subject such as Economics, Physics, Chemistry which are definitely harder subjects) whereas all the people predicted BS AND CS got As.
I personal think Geography is only easy if you dont think to hard about the questions been asked

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending