Here's what Accommodation wrote me when I asked:

We start allocating rooms and sending offers in June, and we always try to
allocate mature students together. Unfortunately it is not always possible -
it depends on the number of mature students who applied for a particular
type of accommodation. Sometimes we put mature undergraduates students with
younger postgraduates if there are vacancies but it all depends on
availability and can not be guaranteed.

We will do our best to find the most suitable accommodation for you

It's not that I mind being with all people fresh out of school, but it would be nice to at least have one person around my age so we can help one another out when it comes to taking long afternoon naps, going to bingo and collecting irrelevant things

:'D
I want to have a room close to yours!
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Original post by twist.the.illusion
THAT BLOODY YOUTH!!!

Here's what Accommodation wrote me when I asked:

We start allocating rooms and sending offers in June, and we always try to
allocate mature students together. Unfortunately it is not always possible -
it depends on the number of mature students who applied for a particular
type of accommodation. Sometimes we put mature undergraduates students with
younger postgraduates if there are vacancies but it all depends on
availability and can not be guaranteed.

We will do our best to find the most suitable accommodation for you

It's not that I mind being with all people fresh out of school, but it would be nice to at least have one person around my age so we can help one another out when it comes to taking long afternoon naps, going to bingo and collecting irrelevant things

Indeed. It's always nice to be able to point the finger at atleast one other person if, in the middle of the night, someone hasn't made it to the bathroom in time. And of course, I always enjoy doing the foxtrot on a Thursday. Can't dance like we used to to 'music' they have these days. All I can hear is BLOODY NOISE!

Yep, I think we're endearing ourselves to our soon-to-be fellow students.

Seems like the accommodation folk know what they're doing. I have a friend who was a mature student at Goldsmiths a few years ago, placed in the Surrey House Annexx and she was put in with others around her age without asking. Sure it'll all turn out fine, and we'll feel as safe as we did in those pre-war days.
Reply 102
Why is Loring so popular?! I'm questioning my choices now!

It's known as the party halls.
Stayed there for my first year - best time of my life.
7 blocks. Each block beside each other.
Meet so many people. Lots of good parties.
Closest to campus. And across from New Cross Gate Station - so convenient.
It's a great hall. Visited other halls and Loring is for sure the best of them all.
Original post by JRJ
It's a great hall. Visited other halls and Loring is for sure the best of them all.

How far is Chesterman from the station out of curiosity?
Reply 104
watch out, popular music course is a total cop out. Most people studying this year are the kind of people whos only music experience is playing guitar in their bedroom. its got a good reputation because of the likes of james blake and katy b but if you're looking for a challenge and a well respected degree do classical!
is anyone doing History and Politcs?
Reply 106
Original post by JRJ

I put Loring as my first preference because i liked the dorms the best but i didnt know it was the party hall! hope it doesnt distract me from studying!:tongue:
Original post by Ice_Is_Nice
is anyone doing History and Politcs?

Hey, i am doing History. i am realy excited!

Where abouts are you from?

have you decided on your accommodation yet?
anyone put surrey house as their first choice?
Original post by badapples
I'll be living in halls. Yet to apply though as I'm waiting on one more uni to get back to me before I confirm all my choices.

I'm hoping to sneak under the radar as though I'm getting on in years I still look about 14 in the flesh!

Where are you moving from?

haha how old are you? i like the idea of students of a variety of ages.

i am moving from the north and am hoping to make lots of new friends. where abouts are you moving from? will you know anyone when you get to goldsmiths
? i wont :frown:
Reply 110
Does anyone know when the deadline for handing in your accomodation form is? Can't find it on the website, and don't want to miss it :P
Original post by moirastar
watch out, popular music course is a total cop out. Most people studying this year are the kind of people whos only music experience is playing guitar in their bedroom. its got a good reputation because of the likes of james blake and katy b but if you're looking for a challenge and a well respected degree do classical!

I'm seriously considering doing the pop music course as I got into both that and the classical,but the classical seemed abit stuffy and I'd have to learn classical guitar (I don't do that really...). Are you on the course what makes you say that? I'm currently deciding between Goldsmiths for pop or classical, royal holloway for classical, and LIPA for pop.

It's a tough choice, but I like Goldsmiths best for location and the people. Reading Goldsmiths threads is ten times more amusing than reading the other ones, as there seems to be a larger conentration of intelligence and good humor here. It's nice!

What does everyone think of New Cross, btw? Oh and if any one has opinions on either music course, do share! I'm having a hell of a time making a decision, and if you have opinions on the courses at the others unis too let me know! I kind of just want to get things going already!

But I like Goldsmiths a lot,, but I have to make sure the pop music course isnt' crap.
anyone happen to be attending the english open day on the 17th of may? :]
Reply 113
Added a list in the first post, just let me know if someone is missing or if something is wrong please (:
Reply 114
Heyy so don't know if you guys know about/have joined but there's a Goldsmiths freshers group on facebook

so..
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_143611029043092&ap=1
Reply 115
How far is Chesterman from the station out of curiosity?

Chesterman house is in a good location.
I'd give it around a 5 minute walk to the station. Very close.
It's also around a 5 minute walk on the other side to New Cross Station.
So good location all in all.
Original post by natalieisrevising
haha how old are you? i like the idea of students of a variety of ages.

i am moving from the north and am hoping to make lots of new friends. where abouts are you moving from? will you know anyone when you get to goldsmiths
? i wont :frown:

I'm 24, moving from near Liverpool. I'll know a couple of cats down London way, but obviously I'm wanting to meet new people. Having been to uni once before (didn't go too well, hence why I'm going again...) I can tell you that you really needn't worry about anything, making new pals is as easy as pie. You'll have a ball!
Just firmed for psychology xD
Reply 118
I am officially going to do the Fine Art BA. :smile:

New cross is a nice area, it's pretty casual and arty, in my opinion. Though it's adjacent to Peckham which is pretty rough, ha. (I live close by)
Reply 119
Original post by Shambhavi
Heyy so don't know if you guys know about/have joined but there's a Goldsmiths freshers group on facebook

so..
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_143611029043092&ap=1

Thank you for the link (:

Original post by blush.ox
Just firmed for psychology xD

:biggrin:
We will be on the same course!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending