The Student Room Group

Applying to Freiburg Uni 2007:)

Hi! Salut! Guten Morgen !
My friend and I are thinking of applying to Freiburg Uni because we both went there on a school study tour to Germany 2 years ago and really loved it! But I am thinking that wouldn't you have to be absolutely fluent.. and would an A/B at A2 for German be enough you see? I am predicted AAAC for all my subjects now and with ALOT of hard work i may get the grades.It has always been my dream to live in Germany or France because I love languages alot and now i know a friend of mine wants to go too so do I again! At the moment i need to keep working on the languages but I have sort of gon off french a bit because 1 of my teachers keeps insuling my intelligence and I dont think its fair.. she is partly ruining my dream (wanting it to be language related) Does anyone have any advice for or against applying to freiburg uni because its abroad and everything .. i know it could be difficult.. i would study for a degree in german and french with possibly italian from scratch :smile:
:eek: Seriously?? WOW! Go for it!! I mean yeah it will be good if u can find out the answers to all ur questions but in terms of u wanting to study at a foreign uni, thats great! I mean I wanna do a languages degree anyway so I could study abroad then, but its never even so much as crossed my mind to study abraod for the whole lol! Seriously, do ur research and u could be looking at a *very* exciting oppurtunity :wink:
Reply 2
Have a look on Freiburg University's website - there will be a section for foreign students and it'll tell you what level you should be etc...

--------------

Here you go have a look at this...
if you also nagivate round the site theres everything you need to know as an individual international applicant :smile:

http://www.studium.uni-freiburg.de/en/international/incoming/individual/degree/eu/admission/german.link
yup already have dun cheers!! lol dont worry duck and cover ill still come to cambridge Pour vous xxxx :smile: I walked out of my french class really upset yesterday because my teacher was ignoring me .. it took alot of courage for me because im not very confident but i felt so bad like i shouldnt be there because i wasnt part of the class:frown: i went to our common room to calm down then went to talk to my old french teacher at the end of that lesson who is really lovely and she sent me to HOD :frown: i thought i was gna get in serious trouble.. but at parents evening last night me and my friends were helping give teas to he teachers and i walked up to my french teacher and gave her the tea and a biccy and sed sorri.. i felt bad lol:frown: and she said it doesnt matter!!! :biggrin:
Ooo I did that once lol! In maths tho in yr 11 but still hehe! The teacher popped out, so I just upped and left cos I was really really annoyed at things in general, and went and walked round the school LOL went into every toilet-type area in the school! Eventually my friend found me (it was like Catch Me if you Can :rolleyes: ) and the worst bit was going back in again...ARRGGHH!! lol! 2morrow is my weekly lesson with the teacher who we all hate (u may have seen me and piggy rant about her (she comes over from her school 2 get taught italian by her) - she's really patronising, got an I'm much better than u attitude* and is CRAP at French!! lol! :wink: x
Reply 5
Duck and Cover
2morrow is my weekly lesson with the teacher who we all hate (u may have seen me and piggy rant about her (she comes over from her school 2 get taught italian by her) - she's really patronising, got an I'm much better than u attitude* and is CRAP at French!! lol! :wink: x
Meh I've given up ranting...is she really actually bad at French?! Hahaha! Twill be funny if you're actually better than her! Btw I heard about you being the only person to get an A in German - well done! Back to the original poster - wow! I only just found out that that uni isn't actually in England...and I supposedly did Geography! Sorry. Seriously, you have my respect - it takes a lot of courage to even contemplate going abroad for uni completely. Good luck!
Piggy
wow! I only just found out that that uni isn't actually in England...

Yes that was rather hilarious... :p: I'm sorry that it had to be moi who had to break the news to you :frown:
I got an A in my french and german exams recently plus an A in biochemistry too:smile: well dun duck n cover :smile: thats well good.. and i went to see sophie scholl at the ICA in london wiv my mates in my german group last nyt... it was well freezing up there wen we had to walk from charing corss brrrrrr
Klasse! lol! Every Tuesday we watch a German film - so far we've watched the Edukators, Rennt Lola Rennt, Was tun wenn's brennt, and we've jus started Good Bye Lenin! The other week we went to the Birmingham Rep to see the Life of Galieo because we had a look at some passages from it, in German, in German lol! Makes a change from the classroom!
You Go Prinzessin!
lol heys amy!!! hows u?? U GO FOR THAT B IN GERMAN!:d
What exam board are you on for German?
Umm edexcel i think :smile: Why? lol im finding german easy at the moment anyway.. and now ive revised the cases i feel more confident and im finally getting the hang of them :smile: x
Thanks for replying, i've just sent you a PM :smile: I'm learning German at the moment, any chance we could help each other?
Reply 14
Duck and Cover
Klasse! lol! Every Tuesday we watch a German film - so far we've watched the Edukators, Rennt Lola Rennt, Was tun wenn's brennt, and we've jus started Good Bye Lenin! The other week we went to the Birmingham Rep to see the Life of Galieo because we had a look at some passages from it, in German, in German lol! Makes a change from the classroom!

:rolleyes:
I like Rennt Lola Rennt but I think it got a little repetetive at times...
Rennt Lola Rennt was brilliant!
*contemplates dying hair red...*
Reply 17
GAH..stop calling it Rennt Lola Rennt!!! It's called Lola Rennt!
It's translated into English as Run Lola Run, but Rennt Lola Rennt makes crap all sense and isnt right...meh.

*rant over*
Ok, veryrandom, yes!! Dye your hair red and also wear green leggingy things!! And Fleece!! Calm urself!! (sorry I know u have a complusive thing when it comes to abuse, am I right :p:??)!x
hahahaha you guys are so funny :smile: You brighten my day! lol We was gna watch Rennt Lola Rennt or whteva it is at the end of term in year 11 but didnt in the end :frown: Sophie Scholl was about the war and nazi resistance or sumfink...and quite scary!.. thats wat we saw last thursday night... oh ive just remembered something... i have the german assistant today with holly and liz in my class .. i hope she is nicer this week!!!! at the moment im just revising some good phrases from wort fur wort book for my essay :smile: Dontcha jst love languages :smile: I do!!!! Translating here i come..... (i say this until period 4 today wen my french teacha and i hav anuva argument lol!:P) write back luv caz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest

Trending

Trending