The Student Room Group

Can universities check your personal history.

Im dropping out a software engineering course in uni this year so i can go study a music course elsewhere.

Can the newer university check to see if i had been to another uni or is that private information?
Reply 1
Why does it matter?
Reply 2
Original post by Grexo1984
Why does it matter?

Because if you drop out of univeristy in the first year and other universities know about this, it doesn't exactly help your chances of getting in elsewhere.
Reply 3
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
Well just as well you decided to put this in the CHAT thread. Maybe Software Eng. isnt the right course for you

Well just as well you decided to give an off-topic comment. Maybe having a stick up your arse isn't the right thing for you.
Reply 4
It would be at the discretion of the school but I don't see why not. They may request grade information, though. I have withdrawn out of a Uni after taking a third course (at that Uni) to go to another Uni because I didn't like the first one. The second Uni didn't have a problem but I couldn't get in without providing my transcript information. It didn't affect their decision to let me attend and if anyone asks questions, you can always argue that the university wasn't right for you or that you simply wanted to pursue something else. People change their minds about college all the time.
Reply 5
An off topic comment. Put it in the right thread. God knows how on earth you got on an IT/computing course when you cannot use a simple internet forum correctly after you have used it since December 2009. Better a stick up my arse then my head eh OP? :wink:

Bloody hell.... -1???? -1????? I wonder if that can top me off eh OP? I guess I can do better than that

Wow you really made me feel dumb now
(just so you know, cause im not sure if you do, chat is a totally open forum where you can talk about anything, and has alot more people viewing it than others, and if you don't like a particular thread, you can go to a different one)

Original post by Jepira4661
It would be at the discretion of the school but I don't see why not. They may request grade information, though. I have withdrawn out of a Uni after taking a third course (at that Uni) to go to another Uni because I didn't like the first one. The second Uni didn't have a problem but I couldn't get in without providing my transcript information. It didn't affect their decision to let me attend and if anyone asks questions, you can always argue that the university wasn't right for you or that you simply wanted to pursue something else. People change their minds about college all the time.

Thanks - the reason i am quitting is because ive realised don't like the subject and considering whether i should or shouldn't actually bother to do the rest of the coursework. I talked with my parents about this and i agreed to finish the year - but i have just zero motivation to do so. I havent actually informed my uni that i am quitting yet as im hoping i can get on a university payed-for trip to Crete before i declare im not coming back. I'm worried that itll look as though ive quit because i failed even though ive been getting merits/distinctions in coursework/tests up until now.
Reply 6
Original post by Gwalchgwyn

Thanks - the reason i am quitting is because ive realised don't like the subject and considering whether i should or shouldn't actually bother to do the rest of the coursework. I talked with my parents about this and i agreed to finish the year - but i have just zero motivation to do so. I havent actually informed my uni that i am quitting yet as im hoping i can get on a university payed-for trip to Crete before i declare im not coming back. I'm worried that itll look as though ive quit because i failed even though ive been getting merits/distinctions in coursework/tests up until now.

No, it wont look like that at all as long as you keep it up and you shouldn't think about it as quitting. You're just withdrawing from that school to go to another one and you're entitled to your reasons. But just don't let the decision to leave affect the rest of your year if you decide to stay that long.
Reply 7
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PUT YOUR THREAD ABOUT UNIS IN THE CHAT FORUM :fyi:

A clever idea is to check out the other threads in chat. Why do you think not many people are here? People are looking for real chat stuff. Once they see some uni crap thread they are going to ignore it purely because they did not expect a uni discussion.

You're right : I can go to another thread after I post report this one. You have been here a long time. You should know how to do this by now.

On the topic of your post: Yes you can change course

Pot calling the kettle black
Reply 8
Original post by Gwalchgwyn
Pot calling the kettle black

You are an incessant little one arent you Gwalchy
Reply 9
You are an incessant little one arent you Gwalchy

Refer to my last comment

Quick Reply

Latest