The Student Room Group

Right.. CV problem :(

On my personal statement I have written that I wanted to get a Degree in nursing but have applied to 2 Universities on their diploma courses for nursing.. I got a rejection from one of these 2 universities and im wondering if thats the case?

because i got a conditional with one which i applied for a degree instead of a diploma.. :s-smilie: am really worried that i may have done my application very wrong :s-smilie:

am i making sense or not? :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by kimmeeeh
On my personal statement I have written that I wanted to get a Degree in nursing but have applied to 2 Universities on their diploma courses for nursing.. I got a rejection from one of these 2 universities and im wondering if thats the case?

because i got a conditional with one which i applied for a degree instead of a diploma.. :s-smilie: am really worried that i may have done my application very wrong :s-smilie:

am i making sense or not? :s-smilie:
Not a great deal of sense, no.

Do you mean that you have mentioned 'degree' instead of 'diploma' in your PS, and are worried that both applications for the diploma course may be unsuccessful as a result? I doubt it. Many people who sign up for the diploma want to get a degree in the end anyway, so I suspect it's other aspects of your PS/application that haven't met the requirements of the uni that's rejected you so far.
Reply 2
yeah.. i was half asleep at that time when i wrote it so i didnt really know how to word it out or what i wanted to say exactly but yeah :smile: you got it spot on!

thanks for the feedback, i got told by my friend that i probably got rejected because of the fact that i dont have a science Alevel subject, but when i looked in the requirements it said preferred, when it should have been a 'must have' seeing as they base the acceptance on either having a Science A level or not.
Reply 3
Original post by kimmeeeh
yeah.. i was half asleep at that time when i wrote it so i didnt really know how to word it out or what i wanted to say exactly but yeah :smile: you got it spot on!

thanks for the feedback, i got told by my friend that i probably got rejected because of the fact that i dont have a science Alevel subject, but when i looked in the requirements it said preferred, when it should have been a 'must have' seeing as they base the acceptance on either having a Science A level or not.
The problem with 'preferred' is that it allows a uni to accept people without science subjects if they want to, but if most applicants do have a science subject those without will be at a disadvantage, as you've discovered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending