The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LawQC
Happy New Year fellow bankers!

Not sure if serious...
Did anyone else get absolutely raped by the KPMG tests? For the numerical I had to guess the last 6 or 7 questions because I was running out of time, I found the verbal reasoning pretty hard too :/
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
Did anyone else get absolutely raped by the KPMG tests? For the numerical I had to guess the last 6 or 7 questions because I was running out of time, I found the verbal reasoning pretty hard too :/

Happens to everyone. But you are scored in terms of what percentile you end up in, so I wouldn't worry. However, it would have been better to not answer the ones towards the end (/didn't have time for), that seems to be the consensus with the KPMG tests
Original post by Focus08
Happens to everyone. But you are scored in terms of what percentile you end up in, so I wouldn't worry. However, it would have been better to not answer the ones towards the end (/didn't have time for), that seems to be the consensus with the KPMG tests

Ahh right, yeah I've heard from quite a few people that the KPMG tests are ridiculously hard compared to others.

How come you shouldn't guess answers? Do they 'negative mark'?
Reply 2024
Just did the DB numerical and just sent RBS app.

DB - how long till you heard back?

RBS - how long till they send the logical reasoning test?

Thanks!
Reply 2025
Original post by EBITDA.3

Thanks!

Been over a day and havent had logical from RBS. DB take ages, done numerical over 2 weeks ago and heard nothing.
Is it possible to apply for UBS horizons and the spring week programme?
Original post by aeonflux
Is it possible to apply for UBS horizons and the spring week programme?

The FAQ's state:
"2. Can I apply to Insights and Horizons?
Candidates are only allowed to apply to one first-year program; however Horizons winners will be given the opportunity to attend the 2012 Insights Program as well. Please note that if you are not chosen as one of the 8 winners and 8 runners up we may still consider you for our Insights Program"

So it is possible. :smile:
Reply 2028

Thanks!

sent off Deutsche bank app under 3 weeks ago, got an interview offer last week... not many interviews available.
Original post by jack_the_ripper
got rejected from CS and Barcap cos of my verbal

when did you hear from cs?/ How long did it take them to reply after your verbal ??
Reply 2030
How the hell can I check the status of my UBS app?! I havent heard anything yet - no rejection, but also no other information. Spamfolder is empty. Any1 had an interview or smthg like that?

Ok, found it. "Application Review".
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by eco1234

Quick question: what did you write on your cover letter for DB as almost all of what I would normally say is covered in their competency questions?!?
Thanks
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2032
Original post by Mr Nonsense
Quick question: what did you write on your cover letter for DB as almost all of what I would normally say is covered in their competency questions?!?
Thanks

you don't need a cover letter.
Anyone know what the UBS logical and numerical tests are like? And are there any sites to practice the logical tests?
Thanks
Reply 2034
Original post by Mr Nonsense
Anyone know what the UBS logical and numerical tests are like? And are there any sites to practice the logical tests?
Thanks

Numerical is SHL as far as I remember

Logical is like every IQ test with these figures "which comes next?"
Original post by jevira
Numerical is SHL as far as I remember

Logical is like every IQ test with these figures "which comes next?"

how did you find the logic test?? just did it and had to guess the last 4 questions :s-smilie:
Reply 2036
Original post by thecodman
how did you find the logic test?? just did it and had to guess the last 4 questions :s-smilie:

Have forgotten how it was. But obviously I did well because I haven't got a rejection yet. (applied and took the tests about one month ago)
Reply 2037
I think if you fail either of the UBS tests you get a rejection email quite soon.
Original post by miml
I think if you fail either of the UBS tests you get a rejection email quite soon.

Yeah I think somebody mentioned that they sent out rejection emails a few hours after taking the test.
Reply 2039
Original post by eco1234
sent off Deutsche bank app under 3 weeks ago, got an interview offer last week... not many interviews available.

Congrats!!

Yeah I heard there aren't a lot of places :/