The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2080
Original post by Michael XYZ
Got Barclays AC invite. :smile:

Same
Original post by A54321A
Same

Hmm, well I guess we'll find out soon whether anyone gets a phone interview with them or straight to AC.

Now I just gotta find out what an AC is... :P

Edit: Does anyone know what kind of percentage go on to do a Summer internship if they did a Spring one?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2083
Last year the first AC invites were RBS at the end of january! So strange that the banks seem to be processing springs before they finish summers this year...
What division(s) did the people with BarCap AC's apply to?
Reply 2085
Barclays Capital AC Invite for the 26th :smile:
Investment Banking & Global Markets
Reply 2087
Investment Banking & Global Markets

Same. Is your AC also taking place at the Hilton Hotel in Canary Wharf?

I am booked for the 7:45am slot.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mel3

Yep.
Reply 2089
Hi I got an numerical test invite for DB for the IB division, does everyone get an invite ?
Reply 2090
Original post by i_hate_teeth
What division(s) did the people with BarCap AC's apply to?

Front Office - but i think it is same again as "IB and global markets".

Barcap are including S+T in this for the purpose of spring week.
Reply 2091
Original post by i_hate_teeth
BarCap does use phone interviews for spring weeks.

The application process is: online app-->tests--> competency based phone interview--> AC--->Spring Week (can be fast tracked to summer internship) --->You get £250 for the spring week.

This is according to HR...maybe the process has changed between November and now, or maybe Micheal XYZ is a special case.

Now changed . Read the FAQs and it says.

"Once you’ve submitted your application (which will involve uploading a one-page CV and completing the application form) you’ll be invited to take online aptitude tests. Once you’ve completed the initial testing, we’ll review your application and invite selected candidates to an interview day in London. We’ll then make offers within a few days of your interview"

so its not really an assessment ccentre like the email says. Its just an interview (potential for more than one).
Reply 2092
Original post by mel3
Barclays Capital AC Invite for the 26th :smile:

I have the same date but pm. But im not free until 6th feb so hopefully they will let me reschedule. bad timing
Within a few days. Well, that's nice that they tell you pretty soon. :smile:

Are these just competency based? Are any technical?
Reply 2094
Hmm, well I guess we'll find out soon whether anyone gets a phone interview with them or straight to AC.

Now I just gotta find out what an AC is... :P

Edit: Does anyone know what kind of percentage go on to do a Summer internship if they did a Spring one?

hi mate,

ive got the same date as you but i gathered from the FAQs on the website that it is just an interview/(s). rather than all the normal AC stuff.

also on the barcap one. all candidates get fast-tracked to an AC for the summer internship so i guess reasonably high for this SW.
Around the 12th of December.

who is that in your sig? :eek:
Original post by A54321A
Now changed . Read the FAQs and it says.

"Once you’ve submitted your application (which will involve uploading a one-page CV and completing the application form) you’ll be invited to take online aptitude tests. Once you’ve completed the initial testing, we’ll review your application and invite selected candidates to an interview day in London. We’ll then make offers within a few days of your interview"

so its not really an assessment ccentre like the email says. Its just an interview (potential for more than one).

I guess.
Original post by fudgesundae
who is that in your sig? :eek:

Melanie Iglesias.
Original post by mel3

I am booked for the 7:45am slot.

http://mabeuk.blogspot.com/2011/12/barclays-capital-trading-and.html

AC info if anyone needs for Barcap AC.
people aleady received AC invites from BarCap :eek:

oh man...I think its safe to say i'll be getting a rejection email from BarCap soon then :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending