The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2100
Original post by Michael XYZ
Got Barclays AC invite. :smile:

I have the phone interview tommorow! do you remember what they asked you/ any advice? :smile:

lol sorry just realised you said you didnt have one..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Michael XYZ
Melanie Iglesias.

thanks, very nice :wink:
Reply 2102
Original post by viksta1000
people aleady received AC invites from BarCap :eek:

oh man...I think its safe to say i'll be getting a rejection email from BarCap soon then :frown:

Always gonna be discouraging if you aren't part of the first group to get news... but that doesn't mean a rejection. Lots of people are still waiting I guess.
Reply 2103
Original post by rehan123
Hi I got an numerical test invite for DB for the IB division, does everyone get an invite ?

Same, did it yesterday, but for Technology... in the email it says we are delighted to say your application for technology has been progressed to the next stage.. so I'm hoping that means it has already made it through one stage :biggrin:

Hopefully see you at db in spring! good luck with the numerical.
Reply 2104
Original post by viksta1000
people aleady received AC invites from BarCap :eek:

oh man...I think its safe to say i'll be getting a rejection email from BarCap soon then :frown:

i'm still waiting for BarCap as well. Fingers crossed!
Reply 2105
Credit Suisse telephone interview :O
Original post by WHITKA
Credit Suisse telephone interview :O

I got one too! on the 23rd but not for spring week, any idea of the questions? Probably just competency.
Reply 2107
Original post by Hackett
I got one too! on the 23rd but not for spring week, any idea of the questions? Probably just competency.

if it's not for SW the what's it for?
Original post by eco1234
if it's not for SW the what's it for?

A programme whereby you do a 4 - week internship after A - levels and another 4 weeks in your 1st year + Uni fee funding + the opportunity for a fast track to s Summer internship
Reply 2109
Original post by Hackett

For what division? :smile: No idea to be honest, doesn't really say anywhere about what will be in the interview...
Original post by Hackett
A programme whereby you do a 4 - week internship after A - levels and another 4 weeks in your 1st year + Uni fee funding + the opportunity for a fast track to s Summer internship

That programme is so good - sort of wish I'd go back 1 year to apply
Original post by WHITKA
For what division? :smile: No idea to be honest, doesn't really say anywhere about what will be in the interview...

It's very broad, covers FO, MO and BO - I'm going CS next week, so will find out more about it then.
Reply 2112
Original post by Hackett
It's very broad, covers FO, MO and BO - I'm going CS next week, so will find out more about it then.

Sounds pretty ideal, kind of wish I'd though of that a year ago! good luck with it :smile:
Original post by Hackett

That sounds quality. I had a look on the CS website, is it only for ethnic minorities?

I actually feel I am at a disadvantage being white-british and trying to get into IB with all these programs on offer. I don't see why there are not available to everyone and not just ethnic minorities :confused:
Original post by Scorcher
That sounds quality. I had a look on the CS website, is it only for ethnic minorities?

I actually feel I am at a disadvantage being white-british and trying to get into IB with all these programs on offer. I don't see why there are not available to everyone and not just ethnic minorities :confused:

No, I am as white and as British as you will ever get! haha

Under the elegibility of the website, there is nothing regarding you have to be of an ethnic minority:

Eligibility Requirements:
Recipients are selected based on their academic excellence, leadership abilities and interest in the financial services industry. You must have applied through UCAS for a place at university during the application process. Specifically, you should:

Demonstrate leadership and teamwork skills
Have an AAB grade prediction (this will need to be verified by your Head teacher or Head of sixth form)
Have a record of high achievement outside of academia
Show an interest in the financial services industry

I know what you mean, there are loads of opportunities at the likes of DB and GS - but are only for ethnic minorities! Bit of a joke really
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2115
Original post by Scorcher

It isn't just for ethnic minorities, you just have to be in A - Levels.

But nonetheless I get what you mean :P
Reply 2116
RBS AC :smile:

Just glad to have received some positive news, even if it is from RBS
Original post by miml
RBS AC :smile:

Just glad to have received some positive news, even if it is from RBS

The usual questions:

When did you apply?
What divison?
Did you find out by email?

:smile:
Reply 2118
Original post by Doughnuts!!
The usual questions:

When did you apply?
What divison?
Did you find out by email?

:smile:

14 December
Not sure if it is divisional, but I would have chosen IBD
Yup, email

Anyone who has done an RBS AC have any tips?
Reply 2119
HSBC test invite...how long until you hear whether you have a phone interview after completing?

Latest

Trending

Trending