The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2160

Saw this earlier....

Doesnt bode well for potential grads or RBS employees...

Looks like RBS is throwing the towel in.

Dont think ill bother applying to RBS onnthe back of this.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2161
Original post by gangst
Saw this earlier....

Doesnt bode well for potential grads or RBS employees...

Looks like RBS is throwing the tail in.

Dont think ill bother applying to RBS onnthe back of this.

These are spring weeks not grad apps. You may as well apply to everywhere as its more for experience - if you get a GS spring week and get fast tracked to an internship great, but RBS spring week> no spring week and given how competitive these places are it seems unlikely many will get more than 2/3 offers (I imagine a lot of people don't get any)
I wouldn't agree with an RBS spring week being greater than no spring week at all. I'd rather use that time to revise for my summer exams.
Reply 2163
Original post by miml
These are spring weeks not grad apps. You may as well apply to everywhere as its more for experience - if you get a GS spring week and get fast tracked to an internship great, but RBS spring week> no spring week and given how competitive these places are it seems unlikely many will get more than 2/3 offers (I imagine a lot of people don't get any)

True, experience is better than nothing. However, i was thinking medium/long term and the possibility of being invited back...
Reply 2164
Original post by ft1234*
Deutsche Bank interview offer

How long ago did you do the numerical if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 2165
Original post by Michael XYZ
Got test invite from HSBC.

Unfortunately read it wrong and thought I was in the AC... then re-read it. Still, progress.

Did you apply for the summer programme?
Original post by binepa

No, Spring.
Reply 2167
Original post by binepa

I applied for summer, youhave to do personality test, numerical and verbal. then telephone interview then AC. had my telephone interview waiting to hear back for an AC
Reply 2168
Original post by WHITKA
How long ago did you do the numerical if you don't mind me asking?

about 10days - 2 weeks.
Reply 2169
Original post by i_hate_teeth
I wouldn't agree with an RBS spring week being greater than no spring week at all. I'd rather use that time to revise for my summer exams.

This depends... for me I have no experience in finance so a spring week is valuable, and my exams are much later than most.

But I see where you're coming from.
Just been called by rbs who offered me a place on an AC next week but it clashes with a uni exam .he said he couldnt gurantee a place on another one. bugger
Reply 2171
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Just been called by rbs who offered me a place on an AC next week but it clashes with a uni exam .he said he couldnt gurantee a place on another one. bugger

nice, although bit annoying if they can't rearrange...

is that for GBM banking?
Original post by ft1234*

is that for GBM banking?

correct
BP Trading telephone interview
Reply 2174
BP Trading telephone interview

congratufukinglations
Reply 2175
didn't think BP did spring weeks??

there's nothing on their website whatsoever, and when they came to my uni regarding internships, i asked and they said there wasn't a spring programme for 1st years?!?
Original post by SW1X
congratufukinglations

thanks?

Original post by gangst

there's nothing on their website whatsoever, and when they came to my uni regarding internships, i asked and they said there wasn't a spring programme for 1st years?!?

I think the scheme is only open to students at specific universities. I heard about it via one of my universities finance societies.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by gangst

It's called a "discovery week"

http://groupspaces.com/EFS/item/225524
Reply 2178
Original post by Hackett
It's called a "discovery week"

http://groupspaces.com/EFS/item/225524

cheers :smile:
Reply 2179
thanks?

I think the scheme is only open to students at specific universities. I heard about it via one of my universities finance societies.

possibly?? I know BP make an active effort to recruit from LSE, so would be surprised if it wasn't open to LSE...

hmmm

Latest

Trending

Trending