The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tsunami2011
This thread seems to have died down now.. but for people with springs weeks/or interview(ed) do you know of any schemes which are open to A-level students?

Also, is it pivotal to have some form of banking/finance experience prior to starting university in order to get a spring week?

There usually are some small things running for A-level students but you'd need to have a look around yourself. I think Deutsche Bank do something for A-level students so have a look at that.

I don't think so. I did have some experience though but I think that most people don't. It's obviously somewhat better to have something than nothing though but it's not make or break. I don't think they really expect you to have any and it's more to do with just being fairly interested in finance, coupled with being rather smart and some other characteristics they personally look for.
Reply 4861
Original post by Michael XYZ
There usually are some small things running for A-level students but you'd need to have a look around yourself. I think Deutsche Bank do something for A-level students so have a look at that.

I don't think so. I did have some experience though but I think that most people don't. It's obviously somewhat better to have something than nothing though but it's not make or break. I don't think they really expect you to have any and it's more to do with just being fairly interested in finance, coupled with being rather smart and some other characteristics they personally look for.

You're right, Deutsche do do a scheme, along with BAML and I think Credit Suisse have recently joined it. However, its not really advertised through the banks, but through a recruiting company instead. I also know that quite a few of the banks do one-day insight schemes for people in U6th etc, so maybe look into those?

I completely agree with it not being necessary to have experience, but considering the competition if you can get anything then definitely try!
Original post by Michael XYZ

Thanks this helped loads.. do you know of many people doing non-quantatitve subjects with spring weeks? i.e law..
Original post by peffy17
You're right, Deutsche do do a scheme, along with BAML and I think Credit Suisse have recently joined it. However, its not really advertised through the banks, but through a recruiting company instead. I also know that quite a few of the banks do one-day insight schemes for people in U6th etc, so maybe look into those?

I completely agree with it not being necessary to have experience, but considering the competition if you can get anything then definitely try!

Hey, do you have a link for the BAML and Credit Suisse scheme, since I've looked eveywhere. Would be appreciated!
Thanks this helped loads.. do you know of many people doing non-quantatitve subjects with spring weeks? i.e law..

Hey, do you have a link for the BAML and Credit Suisse scheme, since I've looked eveywhere. Would be appreciated!

Doughnuts!!
Hello

A lawyer with a GS spring week :smile:
Original post by Ray_Han
A lawyer with a GS spring week :smile:

Well done...:smile:
Original post by Dumb Economist
Well done...:smile:

Thanks, I'm not the lawyer with a spring week though. Rather an economist with no spring week :tongue:.
Original post by Ray_Han
Thanks, I'm not the lawyer with a spring week though. Rather an economist with no spring week :tongue:.

oh..sorry :redface: but good luck.

Google credit Suisse steps to success. The program opens again nearer to Christmas whilst the recruitment for the last one just finished.
Original post by TheUltimateProof
Google credit Suisse steps to success. The program opens again nearer to Christmas whilst the recruitment for the last one just finished.

damn that sounds so good... shame I'll be a fresher next year.
Reply 4869
has anyone heard from mckinsey yet?
Original post by rfrd

nahh...
i read on some blogs from last year and they found out already on the 15th.
Is there any programs of any kind, even a days experience, that are open to lower 6th students? Thanks
Original post by rfrd

Just heard, rejected :rolleyes:
Reply 4873
Original post by Norbertnorbert
Just heard, rejected :rolleyes:

Tough luck man.
Original post by rfrd

Yep, just rejected as well!
Anyone with a GS Spring week going to the photocard session this Friday?
Does anyone know how GS fast track from spring week?

Thanks.
Reply 4877
Original post by woods.vanessa
Anyone with a GS Spring week going to the photocard session this Friday?

yeah
Reply 4878
I'm yet to be given a time for the GS photocard session. Is everybody else in the same situation?

Yeah, me. As Ray_Han pointed out, I do Law and got a GS Spring Week.

Latest

Trending

Trending