Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Spring Weeks 2012 Thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    By interviews I mean 2 lol. Jane Street which is for summer internship earlier this week (and another next week). And HSBC next week.
    Are you a first year or 2nd year? HSBC - did you apply for IBD or trading?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashabedford)
    Are you a first year or 2nd year? HSBC - did you apply for IBD or trading?
    I'm a second year, on a 4 year course. Applied for IBD everywhere except JS.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    I'm a second year, on a 4 year course. Applied for IBD everywhere except JS.
    Cool. What's your course & uni btw?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I could only attach my CV to my BAML application, which I did yesterday. However I've just seen now that they expect a CL as well. I've logged in to the site, but I don't know how to attach it to my application, or how to withdraw it to start again. Any advice?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomasK)
    I think there really is a possibility that they DON'T HAVE tests.
    I talked to a recruiter from GS and they don't believe in tests because so many ppl cheat. However, they have one of the toughest interviews. Brainteasers
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blap)
    I could only attach my CV to my BAML application, which I did yesterday. However I've just seen now that they expect a CL as well. I've logged in to the site, but I don't know how to attach it to my application, or how to withdraw it to start again. Any advice?
    put your CV and CL in a single word file. Had the same question, asked a recruiter and this is what she told me to do.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For those who had the MS phone interview, did they ask any technical questions?

Is anybody applying for the Women's Immersion at Nomura?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EyesOnFire)
    For those who had the MS phone interview, did they ask any technical questions?

Is anybody applying for the Women's Immersion at Nomura?
    When did you apply to MS?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When did you apply to MS?
    About a month ago. Was quite surprised to get an interview, thought I screwed up the numerical.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got offered an interview fro cs fast track next week, however as i am in the middle of exams I rang them and left a voicemail explaining it would suit much better to do them in january. I now have an interview for jan, however it no longer says fast track interview on it. Have I justed wasted an advantage by having a fast track interview or will interviewers take the same standared of applicants no matter what type of interview?

Thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grad2014)
    I got offered an interview fro cs fast track next week, however as i am in the middle of exams I rang them and left a voicemail explaining it would suit much better to do them in january. I now have an interview for jan, however it no longer says fast track interview on it. Have I justed wasted an advantage by having a fast track interview or will interviewers take the same standared of applicants no matter what type of interview?

Thanks
    It shouldn't matter. THey take the same standard. When did you apply?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    barcap reject me, no reason, nothing!
    the tests went ok though
    ah well.. :s

anyone apply to SEO? i never heard back from them, its been more than a month
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Apart from the bulge brackets and the more obvious places, where else have people applied to?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milan.)
    barcap reject me, no reason, nothing!
    the tests went ok though
    ah well.. :s

anyone apply to SEO? i never heard back from them, its been more than a month
    Unlucky about BarCap. U only need one remember... You will get another one, just you wait

Didn't apply to SEO, sorry
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    has anyone done the UBS test? is it shl or kenexa?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eco1234)
    has anyone done the UBS test? is it shl or kenexa?
    SHL
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EyesOnFire)
    put your CV and CL in a single word file. Had the same question, asked a recruiter and this is what she told me to do.
    Ah thanks. But I've already sent it off and can't figure out how to ammend it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It shouldn't matter. THey take the same standard. When did you apply?
    about 3 weeks ago.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grad2014)
    about 3 weeks ago.
    Ok. what subject and what uni r u taking/at?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blap)
    Ah thanks. But I've already sent it off and can't figure out how to ammend it?
    I don't think you can change/edit the application once it's submitted. You can only update contact details e.g. email, address, phone number etc.
Updated: September 20, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.