The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doughnuts!!
Still waiting. :frown:
Tbf, I applied to everywhere really late.

LOL, that's a bit rich coming from you. :rofl:

My skepticism is based on information from people in the know. Your's is based on the fact that you are unable to network with people.
Original post by i_hate_teeth
My skepticism is based on information from people in the know. Your's is based on the fact that you are unable to network with people.

And you know that, how? I have contacts but I don't go around claiming that banks are literally begging to have me working for them or that I'm best buds with MDs.
Reply 1942
Original post by Doughnuts!!
And you know that, how? I have contacts but I don't go around claiming that banks are literally begging to have me working for them or that I'm best buds with MDs.

I say we let the guy troll, all the regulars here already know to ignore him. Don't give him attention because that is what he wants, he lacks it in real life.
Reply 1943
Original post by mel3
Just received an invitation to Citi's numerical test.
Sounds like fun

'How does it work?
All candidates commence Elements at the same point, those who answer accurately are rapidly progressed to increasingly complex information and questions; those who take too long or answer incorrectly are presented with easier information and questions. Elements quickly adapts to the candidate and hones in on the individual’s own level of ability. This system offers considerable time efficiency compared with other assessments, whilst retaining high levels of psychometric rigour.

Not sure i like the sound of this. I haven't gone beyond GCSE maths and that was nearly 4 years ago. Was good then but if it gets onto A level maths I might be in at the deep end. why cant they just do a normal test - those are ok.
Reply 1944
Original post by natashabedford
Great name!

Lol thanks! It was either that or 'Sachs of Gold' :biggrin:
Reply 1945
lol according to this site www.sitevaluecalculator.com goldman sachs is worth 3000 dollars!!
Reply 1946
Original post by jevira
With 6 guessed questions it's impossible to get it to interview stage. (excluding the possibility that you are the One)

Well actually it is. You've got to get half of them right for spring week (been there done that).
Original post by LawQC
lol according to this site www.sitevaluecalculator.com goldman sachs is worth 3000 dollars!!

According to the site, it's not worth $3000 actually. This guy, LawQC, owns this site and is trying to promote it. The more visitors, the more money he gets. Nobody visit. Dont troll the feed
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1948
According to the site, it's not worth $3000 actually. This guy, LawQC, owns this site and is trying to promote it. The more visitors, the more money he gets. Nobody visit. Dont troll the feed

actually according to the site it is worth this lol: http://www.sitevaluecalculator.com/result.php?domain=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.goldmansachs.com&x=0&y=0

just because i posted a link of a site doesnt mean i am trying to promote something lol
Original post by LawQC
actually according to the site it is worth this lol: http://www.sitevaluecalculator.com/result.php?domain=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.goldmansachs.com&x=0&y=0

just because i posted a link of a site doesnt mean i am trying to promote something lol

If it is your own site, then I believe you are trying to promote it aren't you. Anyway let's end this here. We dont want to pollute the thread.:biggrin:
Original post by binepa
Well actually it is. You've got to get half of them right for spring week (been there done that).

Really!? Do you mind telling which bank that was? and does it make a difference if you applied for markets?
Reply 1951
If it is your own site, then I believe you are trying to promote it aren't you. Anyway let's end this here. We dont want to pollute the thread.:biggrin:

It not even my site though - my friend only told me about the site today and said he would pay me 10 quid if I ask people's opinions - because he doens't have internet - since he is away.

So which banks have you applied to?
Original post by LawQC
It not even my site though - my friend only told me about the site today and said he would pay me 10 quid if I ask people's opinions - because he doens't have internet - since he is away.

So which banks have you applied to?

So I was correct that you were promoting it.... :colondollar:

Ive applied to a few. Havent heard back from (m)any. you? Who have you heard back from? What division?
Reply 1953
So I was correct that you were promoting it.... :colondollar:

Ive applied to a few. Havent heard back from (m)any. you? Who have you heard back from? What division?

nono i wasnt promoting it at that point - i was actually just making a joke about goldman sachs being worth that much-

Ive heard bak from a few- got jp interview but dont think I will be allowed to go because I have an assessed exam on that day- did you apply there?
Original post by LawQC
nono i wasnt promoting it at that point - i was actually just making a joke about goldman sachs being worth that much-

Ive heard bak from a few- got jp interview but dont think I will be allowed to go because I have an assessed exam on that day- did you apply there?

Wow 'a few' - which ones? And what details?

Yes, I applied to JP MOrgan. That's unfortunate about the assessed exam - try rescheduling?
Just applied for the First Year Summer Internship with HSBC. Does anybody know how long they normally take to reply?
Original post by Michael XYZ
Has everyone but me heard back from any firms (rejection or otherwise)? :frown:

I've been rejected by JPM, done the tests for CS and that's it. I only applied for 6 SW's though (GS, JPM, CS, Citi, Nomura and HSBC), and I applied to most of them pretty late.
Most of the replies come after the new year, its still far too early especially when GR are still dealing with Summer Interns + holiday season.
Just heard from ICAP, got into the next stage of their interview and selection process. :smile:
Reply 1959
ICAP Assessment centre

Latest

Trending

Trending