The Student Room Group

Spring Weeks 2012 Thread

I thought it is about time to open a thread for all the people applying for the spring week internships in 2012.
I've taken the list of banks that are offering Spring weeks from last year's thread.

Banks that offer spring weeks:

Goldman Sachs: IBD, Securities
JP Morgan: Spring Week, Industry Impressions (Autumn)
Citigroup
Morgan Stanley
Deutsche Bank
BNP Paribas
Credit Suisse
RBS: Divisional Spring Weeks
UBS
BarCap
Bank of America ML
Nomura
HSBC

These internships are usually for students graduating in 2014.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

lol
Reply 2
This is pretty early - The 2011 spring weeks haven't even started yet...
Reply 3
Original post by jamz0770
This is pretty early - The 2011 spring weeks haven't even started yet...

You can never start thinking about it too early.
wow. okay. good luck.
Reply 5
someone is a bit too keen....
Reply 6
That is the LSE I know lulz.

Packed with spotty teenagers obsessed with investment banking that decided to go for a mickey mouse subject because the applicant/place ratio was slightly lower.
Reply 7
Original post by Frenchous
That is the LSE I know lulz.

Packed with spotty teenagers obsessed with investment banking that decided to go for a mickey mouse subject because the applicant/place ratio was slightly lower.

If you say so :wink:
You must have a relatively low self-esteem.
Reply 8
I dont see why anyone should be bother by this thread... Id rather start early and got properly ready than wait and **** up things when rushing them.
Reply 9
I'll be applying for a spring week in 2012. Will be a 2nd year on a 4 year course.
I will also be applying for a spring week in 2012. I'll be in the first year of a 4 year course.
OP ... I suggest concentrate on your A levels and meeting the offer. SW deadlines are in JAN2012 for most of them and applying for them takes 3-4 days at most. :tongue:
Reply 12
Lmfao.

Repped for the handy list. Thanks.
I don't see what's so funny about being prepared.

If some of you 2011 applicants prepared earlier then you might have got that GS/JPM/ DB spring week instead of no offers at all.

There's no need to hi-jack this thread.
Original post by i_hate_teeth

If some of you 2011 applicants prepared earlier then you might have got that GS/JPM/ DB spring week instead of no offers at all.

Agreed.

Since sixth form, when I do sit-ups I say "Morgan" when I inspire and "Stanley" when I expire.

I watched American Psyho twice, I red liar poker, I pretend hard that I love game theory even though I am crap at it and barely see what's going on in those nxn matrices.

I have downloaded the bloomberg app on my blackberry.

That's what got me my spring weeks. And guess what: 100% of my friends who didn't get an offer didn't prepare like I did.
:facepalm:

Finally I figured it out why I failed......
Original post by i_hate_teeth

I think it is good time to start Graduateship 2015 thread :colone:
Reply 17
Thanks for the list! I can see where the people that are saying it's too early are coming from, but the applications start in October/November so it's not like you get ages with the uni career staff to work things out.
What/where are you going to read next year?
Reply 18
Economics at Durham :smile:

I've not no, but i've got "work experience" at JP Morgan and RBS lined up for summer though. Did you?

Also I realised I have no idea what to put on a CV for the Spring weeks, surely "I played wing for the 1st XV at school" doesn't cut it anymore!
Reply 19
Original post by Dumb Economist
OP ... I suggest concentrate on your A levels and meeting the offer. SW deadlines are in JAN2012 for most of them and applying for them takes 3-4 days at most. :tongue:

I'm a post-IB applicant and am currently doing an internship at Julius Baer Bank in Zurich. As my offer is unconditional I am fortunate enough not to worry about meeting it.

Original post by Blair93
Thanks for the list! I can see where the people that are saying it's too early are coming from, but the applications start in October/November so it's not like you get ages with the uni career staff to work things out.
What/where are you going to read next year?

Well, I will be switching to a different course at registration. (Before people now say it's not possible to switch, IT IS and that is not something I made up but something the departmental tutor at the LSE has assured me)
Thus I will either be studying Philosophy and Economics or Accounting and Finance. The reason why I want to change my course is that my internship started after I sent off my application and it just made me realize how fascinating the financial industry is)
The only thing I have for extracurriculars is rowing and golf. I really don't know what else to put or if that is even relevant for them.

Latest