The Student Room Group

Aqa law04 tort + concepts revision

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Alex-jc123
I used the same method you used and mastered three textbooks, yet somehow got an A and not an A* in my January exam.

I used a A2 Book, the blue one, and got 100 UMS in Law 03 this year. So yeah.
Reply 81
Would people who get in 90s-100 UMS say that their method is more application based and less knowledge? My problem is I write far too much and simply do not have the time to fit it all in, and so get stuck in the 80s...
Reply 82
Original post by JH-QC
Would people who get in 90s-100 UMS say that their method is more application based and less knowledge? My problem is I write far too much and simply do not have the time to fit it all in, and so get stuck in the 80s...

Ah, I found myself asking the same question! :frown: I got 80 UMS in the January exam and am retaking it tomorrow. I realise that I applied barely any of the law and just sought to show off most of my knowledge, so to answer your question: yes, presumably you should focus on applying the law. You only need to show the law to briefly introduce an offence/defence and to help you explain why someone is liable or not.
Reply 83
Original post by Stemroach

The Nelson Thornes one?

I did exactly the same and also got 100 UMS, you definitely do NOT need a university textbook.
Reply 85

Original post by shootingstars
I did exactly the same and also got 100 UMS, you definitely do NOT need a university textbook.

How much detail do you go into in the exam?
Reply 86
Not much if I'm honest. I made specimen answers and then tailored them slightly to the question.
Reply 87
I'm completely hopeless for tomorrow. Been finding it impossible to revise due to unexpected and unfortunate events :frown:

How's everyone feeling for Law 04 at the moment???
Reply 88
Original post by shootingstars

Yeah I only used the Nelson Thornes book for unit 3, I got 100 too. Now hoping I can get the 80 for the A* with the little work I've put in :/

@ Those who write a lot of "knowledge", the main thing is to cut the crap; only focus on the bits that are relevant to the scenario, if in a psychiatric harm scenario there are only secondary victims don't make a big deal of primary victims or rescuers, it's a waste of time. A brief one sentence response saying something along the lines of ""No-one here was at risk of harm, and thus there are no primary victims (Dulieu v White), also nobody placed themselves in harms way whilst attempting a rescue and so again there are no rescuers (White v Chief Constable of South Yorkshire)"

In fact that is more in-depth than I would go, but that is, imo, the most you should write addressing those two issues. The scenarios are a test of application of knowledge, not the knowledge itself.
Reply 89
Original post by ujdshnjan
Yeah I only used the Nelson Thornes book for unit 3, I got 100 too. Now hoping I can get the 80 for the A* with the little work I've put in :/

@ Those who write a lot of "knowledge", the main thing is to cut the crap; only focus on the bits that are relevant to the scenario, if in a psychiatric harm scenario there are only secondary victims don't make a big deal of primary victims or rescuers, it's a waste of time. A brief one sentence response saying something along the lines of ""No-one here was at risk of harm, and thus there are no primary victims (Dulieu v White), also nobody placed themselves in harms way whilst attempting a rescue and so again there are no rescuers (White v Chief Constable of South Yorkshire)"

In fact that is more in-depth than I would go, but that is, imo, the most you should write addressing those two issues. The scenarios are a test of application of knowledge, not the knowledge itself.

I swear it would be 90% in both unit 3 & 4 that you'd need to get to secure an A*.

I don't think it matters that you got 100% for unit 3.
Reply 90
Original post by *Hakz*
I swear it would be 90% in both unit 3 & 4 that you'd need to get to secure an A*.

I don't think it matters that you got 100% for unit 3.

You're wrong. It's 90% across the whole of A2 i.e. 180 out of 200, it doesn't matter which modules they are achieved over. Clicky. Besides I already have an A* in another subject, I got 88% in one of the A2 modules for that. :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 91
You're wrong. It's 90% across the whole of A2 i.e. 180 out of 200, it doesn't matter which modules they are achieved over. Clicky.

Wow my bad. I've been confused over this matter for a long time now. Thanks for shedding a light on this issue.

80% won't be that much of a problem for you mate. Go for it :smile:
If fault comes up I'm ****** because I aint revised it. Oh well. I'm not even going to bother trying either. Hope for the best eh? Yep I think so too
Reply 93
Original post by slacker07906

Original post by slacker07906
If fault comes up I'm ****** because I aint revised it. Oh well. I'm not even going to bother trying either. Hope for the best eh? Yep I think so too

Same here m8. I'm only doing Law & morality so anyfin else would be a nightmare 2mro if dat dont come up.

Funny enough, Fault seems to be the easiest out of all 5 by the looks of it but I just find morality a lot more interesting.

Which ones have you studied?
Reply 94
Gotta agree with the above, fault is by far the easiest to "blag" based on previous knowledge. Or at least out of the ones I do. It's also the only essay I currently know; should stop wasting my time translating messages into ASCII base 7 and start learning my essays. Procrastination is too powerful though.
Reply 95
I have only learned law and morality and judicial creativity. I hope my gamble pays off!
Reply 96

I have only learned law and morality and judicial creativity. I hope my gamble pays off!

Judicial creativity sounds like a load of bull**** to me lol.

I rate you for studying that one. Hands down, morality comes out tomorrow. Lets hope shall we.
Reply 97

You've still got time to learn a third!
Reply 98
You've still got time to learn a third!

Okay, which is the easiest to learn within 3 hours?
Reply 99
Original post by *Hakz*
Judicial creativity sounds like a load of bull**** to me lol.

I rate you for studying that one. Hands down, morality comes out tomorrow. Lets hope shall we.

You are taking a big risk :redface: What will you do if morality does not come up? Do you not have a university offer to meet?

Quick Reply

Latest