Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ladies LGBT Introductory thread.

Announcements Posted on
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    You can but I don't think I have an answer. I'm not butch. I'm small, I love dresses, shoes and shopping, I care about how I look. I don't act 'male' (If that's possible - which I don't believe). It's more the way when someone says 'girls' I assume they're not talking to me and I cringe when I realise they are. How I'm happy to be classed as part of 'the boys' in my physics class yet I know I'm not male either.
    Ah, so you're looking at behaviour/identity rather than anatomy, so it's more you're not sure which gender you are?
    I thought you might be a hermaphrodite/"inter-sexual" of some sort :P: .
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Ah, so you're looking at behaviour/identity rather than anatomy, so it's more you're not sure which gender you are?
    I thought you might be a hermaphrodite/"inter-sexual" of some sort :P: .
    Yeah. Physically I'm definitely female.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Physically I'm definitely female.
    Do you think the term poly-sexual applies to your sexuality?
    Personally I don't understand how pan-sexuality is possible.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the term poly-sexual applies to your sexuality?
    Personally I don't understand how pan-sexuality is possible.
    I can understand how it is possible to be pansexual. But no. I am most definitely gay. I am only attracted to female-bodied people. Even though a lot of these people have a similar non-binary gender identity to mine.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can understand how it is possible to be pansexual. But no. I am most definitely gay. I am only attracted to female-bodied people. Even though a lot of these people have a similar non-binary gender identity to mine.
    To me that just doesn't make sense; because society acts on us in a certain manner, what are considered to be masculine and feminine things to do, just as what are considered to be lower class and toff things to do, seem ingrained to us through social norms. Gender isn't just a matter of actions though, but how we identify ourselves, what our body language is like, and that comes about from how others act on us. For that reason, I don't see how it is escapable.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    To me that just doesn't make sense; because society acts on us in a certain manner, what are considered to be masculine and feminine things to do, just as what are considered to be lower class and toff things to do, seem ingrained to us through social norms. Gender isn't just a matter of actions though, but how we identify ourselves, what our body language is like, and that comes about from how others act on us. For that reason, I don't see how it is escapable.
    I don't quite understand what you mean. I can identify whatever way I want and no-one else can tell me that what I feel is wrong. I can wear a dress and feel male or wear a suit and feel female if that's how I feel. It is possible to escape society's expectations on how we feel about ourselves but it is very hard to persuade anyone else that the way we feel is right.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't quite understand what you mean. I can identify whatever way I want and no-one else can tell me that what I feel is wrong. I can wear a dress and feel male or wear a suit and feel female if that's how I feel. It is possible to escape society's expectations on how we feel about ourselves but it is very hard to persuade anyone else that the way we feel is right.
    Read gender trouble.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Read gender trouble.
    Why should I? For the first time ever I feel happy with who I am. I don't need some book to tell me all about it.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, I'm 26, married but bi.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm pretty new here, I'm 17 and also near Hull. Perhaps there's something in the water...
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZZ9)
    Hi I'm pretty new here, I'm 17 and also near Hull. Perhaps there's something in the water...
    I think I know you! Do you play tuba?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So men/transgender people can't post in this thread? ATS DISKRIMINATION!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Kerily- don't know how to quote, but yes You're probably thinking of the right person, as all the other tuba players I know are either middle aged men or 13 year old boys... You're a trombonist, aren't you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cool thread! - I'm bi, live in Londonnnn
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why should I? For the first time ever I feel happy with who I am. I don't need some book to tell me all about it.
    Because you don't seem to understand how gender and societies work, and it's a really well written, well explored, book.
    The very fact that you're even posting on an LGBT thread is reason enough for anyone to heavily suggest you give it a read.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tara_Ward)
    Firstly Hello everyone it's very nice to see you all here.

This is in H&R due to a problem with creating threads in other sections of the site. If a mod is reading this and despairing at the noobishness going on right now can you move it please (really sorry btw)

Right now that's out of the way, please feel free to introduce yourself here. Tell us your likes and dislikes, hobbies and the like.

Please no troll posts/ anti homosexual posts.

Thanks everyone and be sure to join the society

Helllooo!!

I'm Anna, 20, I live in north london. Chopin, angry french people, nighttime, moody sunless weather, mustard, theatre, bad decisions, grunge, football, poetry, Milton, x-men and ants. Nature, freedom, summer, russian winter. I like the colour purple, when it goes blue.
    I'd love to make some friends with lgbt girls, and go 'gaying' together =)
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerny)
    So men/transgender people can't post in this thread? ATS DISKRIMINATION!
    yeah get out
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because you don't seem to understand how gender and societies work, and it's a really well written, well explored, book.
    The very fact that you're even posting on an LGBT thread is reason enough for anyone to heavily suggest you give it a read.
    WHAT? I'm gay and slightly genderqueer and thus I have to read all about it. I don't care if anyone else has the same opinion as me. I identify the way I feel.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    this is so hot
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZZ9)
    Kerily- don't know how to quote, but yes You're probably thinking of the right person, as all the other tuba players I know are either middle aged men or 13 year old boys... You're a trombonist, aren't you.
    How is the internet such a small place? But yes, yes I am! :awesome:

(It's quite depressing that there are so few non-straight XX people in our area that I automatically knew it had to be you.)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 25, 2014
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.