The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Saw The Sitter. The Sitter is ****. Was David Gordon Green as good as people say he was before he ventured into comedy? Because I find it hard to imagine the director of this and Your Highness making anything worthwhile.

Also saw Waltz With Bashir,Tintin, Young Adult, The Muppets, and The Grey. All great. But uh, don't watch them in that order.
Reply 5841
In the last couple of days, I've watched:

The Last King of Scotland - I hadn't watched it all the way through before; thought it was pretty great. Whitaker in particular is absolutely outstanding.

2001: A Space Odyssey - It wasn't particularly easy to watch, but I thought it was incredibly well conceived and shot. I thought the sequence The Dawn of Man in particular was brilliant. You also see the influence it might have had on other films; then ones I was reminded of were The Tree of Life and Moon.

The Artist - I actually really enjoyed it, and don't at all mind it having won Best Picture. Dujardin was fantastic, as was the direction. My friends who watched it with me liked it less, criticizing the script's predictability.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5842

40 years today. :adore:
Still haven't seen it. Nor do I intend to.
Reply 5844
Original post by Colonel.
Still haven't seen it. Nor do I intend to.

Why not? :holmes:
Original post by Abiraleft
Why not? :holmes:

Well, I want to make films as a living. If I see the Godfather, and it's as good as everyone says, then I might copy it or something. Don't want to do that.
Reply 5846
Well, I want to make films as a living. If I see the Godfather, and it's as good as everyone says, then I might copy it or something. Don't want to do that.

... I'm not sure if you're being serious or not :colondollar:...
David Milch's HBO series Luck has been cancelled after a third horse died during production. Milch cannot catch a break it seems.

Original post by Abiraleft
... I'm not sure if you're being serious or not :colondollar:...

Only slightly. Reading it back, it does sound ridiculous.
Reply 5848
David Milch's HBO series Luck has been cancelled after a third horse died during production. Milch cannot catch a break it seems.

In that case, whatever your real reason for not watching The Godfather, I hope you reconsider. :p:

(Unless you were also joking about not having watched it already, in which case I now feel wummed. :nothing:)

Anyway, I'm going in circles a bit about what to watch today. :beard:

This is God's way of telling him to make those Deadwood movies. I hope*. Because otherwise it's just cruel. Luck was great (the first four eps, anyway).

*Although I am reluctant for anything to take Olyphant away from Justified.
(edited 12 years ago)
Can't wait for Percy Jackson and Star Trek sequels.
Ergh, not this moron.
Percy Jackson should have died along with the Stormbreaker, Golden Compass and Eragon films.
I am looking forward to the Star Trek sequel though.

Percy Jackson can go burn in hell alongside all the others Ape mentioned.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTZ3zmFmwuA

Dark Shadows trailer. It's very Tim Burton. That's pretty much everything I have to say about it.
Original post by Dalek1099
Can't wait for Percy Jackson and Star Trek sequels.

Star Trek, YES!

But Percy Jackson... really??
I haven't laughed as much at a trailer as I did for Dark Shadows in quite some time.
Original post by Phalanges
I haven't laughed as much at a trailer as I did for Dark Shadows in quite some time.

were you laughing along with it or laughing at it?
Original post by localfox1000
were you laughing along with it or laughing at it?

With it, there were so many funny moments. And the trailer was very well edited. I'm looking forward to watching it.
Original post by Phalanges
With it, there were so many funny moments. And the trailer was very well edited. I'm looking forward to watching it.

:tongue:
yeah it doesn't look too bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending