The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abiraleft
Didn't know before today that Tom & Jerry cartoons had won seven Oscars for Best Animated Short Film, and been nominated for another four. :gasp:

Reading this made me realise I don't know much about the animated short film awards. I just did a quick bit of poking around, and the only time Donald Duck won the award was for this wartime short where he's dressed as a nazi, in one of the most surreal things I've seen:

Original post by Phalanges
Reading this made me realise I don't know much about the animated short film awards. I just did a quick bit of poking around, and the only time Donald Duck won the award was for this wartime short where he's dressed as a nazi, in one of the most surreal things I've seen:

What the **** did I just watch?
Apparently there were two post credit Avengers scenes. I missed the other one. :sad:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Apparently there were two post credit Avengers scenes. I missed the other one. :sad:

I think the actual post credit scene is US exclusive for some bizarre reason.
Original post by cambo211
I think the actual post credit scene is US exclusive for some bizarre reason.

It seems very comical (from a Youtube scene I peeked at :ninja:) and relates to an earlier gag. That could be what they hinted at going back and shooting very recently. I think this was in the same week/week before it was released in the UK so they may not have had time to add it on.
OMG, **** these after credits things. Even when I stay and watch one, I miss one.

Currently watching Take Me Home Tonight, a neo-80s comedy that didn't get released in the UK starring Topher Grace and Anna Faris. So far, it sucks.
It seems very comical (from a Youtube scene I peeked at :ninja:) and relates to an earlier gag. That could be what they hinted at going back and shooting very recently. I think this was in the same week/week before it was released in the UK so they may not have had time to add it on.

Any link to that scene? I left the cinema before it showed unfortunately
Original post by Colonel.
What the **** did I just watch?

A jaunty little piece of propaganda? I kind of want to get a job at the Disney channel just so every now and then I could release one of these crazy archive clips and chuckle at the response.
Reply 6248
Original post by cambo211
'For the shot where Hans Gruber falls from the top of the building in Die Hard (1988), was actually dropped by a stuntman from a 20-foot high model onto an air bag. To get a genuine surprised look, the stunt man dropped him on the count of two instead of three.'

I lol'd.

Haha, nice. Reminds me of The Godfather when Don Vito gets up and slaps Johnny Fontaine, "You can act like a man!" - the slap was improvisation on Brando's part.
Original post by Mo-Amin
Haha, nice. Reminds me of The Godfather when Don Vito gets up and slaps Johnny Fontaine, "You can act like a man!" - the slap was improvisation on Brando's part.

My favourite of those is that for the first fighting scene of Fight Club, Fincher told Norton just before the shot to actually punch Pitt. Pitt didn't know he was going to punch him, or that it was going to be on the ear. :biggrin:
Reply 6250
Original post by Phalanges
My favourite of those is that for the first fighting scene of Fight Club, Fincher told Norton just before the shot to actually punch Pitt. Pitt didn't know he was going to punch him, or that it was going to be on the ear. :biggrin:

Hahaha, genius. That Donald Duck clip you posted earlier was hilarious btw.

They must have so much fun coming up with storyboards for dream/nightmare/drug scenes in animation where everything goes all crazy =D
You guys have probably already seen this but I though I'd post it just in case. Lucas sent this to Cameron, when Titanic beat Star Wars at the box-office :awesome:

Original post by Colonel.
OMG, **** these after credits things. Even when I stay and watch one, I miss one.

Currently watching Take Me Home Tonight, a neo-80s comedy that didn't get released in the UK starring Topher Grace and Anna Faris. So far, it sucks.

Not gonna lie, really enjoyed that film. It might have been a combination of the 80s soundtrack and Teresa Palmer.
Not gonna lie, really enjoyed that film. It might have been a combination of the 80s soundtrack and Teresa Palmer.

It was warm. Ish.

I like everyone in that film, but still found it boring as ****.
So Avengers was awesome. You could tell it had Joss Whedon's hands right over it.

The next couple of months =
x Men In Black 3
x Prometheus
x Dark Knight Rises

:coma:

Have also been told by a friend she hasn't seen Lord of the Rings :facepalm2: With the Hobbit coming, I assure you that will be rectified pretty sharpish.
Reply 6255
Just watched Field Of Dreams.

I didn't know anything about it so not AT ALL what I was expecting, but I really enjoyed it. You really have to set aside all your cynicism and open yourself up to the highest degree of sentimentalism when watching, but I thought it was kind of brilliant.
Saw "The Help" the other day thought it was really good, anyone else seen it?

Also randomly bought three films (I haven't bought any films in months):

- Shooting Dogs
- Hotel Rwanda
- Joyex Noel

Yet to see them
Original post by KingGoonIan
Saw "The Help" the other day thought it was really good, anyone else seen it?

Also randomly bought three films (I haven't bought any films in months):

- Shooting Dogs
- Hotel Rwanda
- Joyex Noel

Yet to see them

Hotel Rwanda is brilliant.
Original post by aja89
Just watched Field Of Dreams.

I didn't know anything about it so not AT ALL what I was expecting, but I really enjoyed it. You really have to set aside all your cynicism and open yourself up to the highest degree of sentimentalism when watching, but I thought it was kind of brilliant.

LOVE that. It's a fantastic film. Definite mood-lifter if I ever need it.
Reply 6259
Watched The Avengers again yesterday, it was still great.
Saw an advert for The Raid which looked insane and excellent, anyone seen it yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending