The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deshi
I remember Kiss Kiss Bang Bang being pretty hilarious.

Aye, might give that a go later. Been a few years since I saw it. Stuck Harsh Times on for now.
Reply 7141
Original post by concubine
Aye, might give that a go later. Been a few years since I saw it. Stuck Harsh Times on for now.

Harsh Times has been on my watch list for a while now, been meaning to give it a watch, let me know how you find it.

I rarely watch dark comedies. I watched Memories of Murder a few weeks ago though and the first half n hour or so is pretty hilarious considering what the movies about.
Twelve Monkeys was incredible. :coma:
Reply 7143
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
Twelve Monkeys was incredible. :coma:

Definitely one of my favourite films. Good twisty plot.
Obligatory Batman thoughts. LONG POST, be afraid:

Spoiler

Overall, well worth the wait. Not sure where it places in like an overall trilogy ranking situation, probably needs more time.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Christien
Obligatory Batman thoughts. LONG POST, be afraid:

Spoiler

Overall, well worth the wait. Not sure where it places in like an overall trilogy ranking situation, probably needs more time.

Spoiler

Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Is Good Will Hunting always on iPlayer?

I don't often use iPlayer but I swear it's always there.
Reply 7148
Won't be seeing The Dark Knight Rises until Wednesday. If I get spoiled before then... :colonhash:
Reply 7149
The Dark Knight Rises is certainly not perfect and I don't think it's quite on the same level as the second film (maybe that is because feels like a very different film) but it's still a fantastic film! :yep:

A few of the problems I had with audio: I really thought the soundtrack dominated this film too much - the point where it drowned out dialogue, and Bane was perfectly audible in some scenes whilst being completely incomprehensible in other scenes.

As for specific scenes:

Spoiler

:dontknow: I think TDK is a better film purely because of the genius of Heath Ledger in that film, but TDKR has everything else. :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 7150
Original post by aja89
Won't be seeing The Dark Knight Rises until Wednesday. If I get spoiled before then... :colonhash:

Stay off of Facebook, twitter, etc... :tongue:
Original post by Christien

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Revent
:dontknow: I think TDK is a better film purely because of the genius of Heath Ledger in that film, but TDKR has everything else.

Spoiler

Spoiler

TLDR about TDKR

Spoilers abound.

Spoiler

I liked it.
(edited 11 years ago)
I loved The Dark Knight Rises! I actually think it's the best film of the trilogy, it was certainly on a whole new level to the other two. :yep:

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman! :coma:

Spoiler

Reply 7154

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by PoGo HoPz
I loved The Dark Knight Rises! I actually think it's the best film of the trilogy, it was certainly on a whole new level to the other two. :yep:

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman! :coma:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Colonel.
TLDR about TDKR

Spoilers abound.

Spoiler

I liked it.

Topping Heath Ledger is just silly talk obviously :h:

Spoiler

Original post by Revent

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 7156
Erm. Anybody watched REC 3? I am not sure if it is a joke or did they just try to bring in some comedy? :s-smilie:
Reply 7157
Original post by Colonel.

Spoiler

Revent

Spoiler

Someone actually did do an article on it. Might be reading a bit deep/too strongly into it :tongue: but I do think it's an interesting point of discussion. :yep:
Reply 7158
****. Looks like it's taking the "dark" route, no surprise I guess considering Nolan is involved.

[video="youtube;6jKWJZsjm5U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jKWJZsjm5U[/video]

Uses the LotR soundtrack as well, which is a bit random.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7159
Guess I should stay away from this thread with my irrelevant posts about films which are not The Dark Knight Rises :ninjagirl:

Quick Reply

Latest