The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Colonel.
They said to reach the widest possible audience that they can considering stuff like the Hobbit, Les Miserables, Django Unchained and Jack Reacher come out at around the same time.

Ah right. Well on the plus side it means Christmas is cheaper now as I want to see the Hobbit, Les Mis and Gatsby. Now only need to see 2/3.
Reply 7281
Wtf just realised they're remaking Oldboy?!! Why!!!!!!! :frown:
Reply 7282
Seeing Ted tonight. My friend's paying so no biggie if it's poor. :sexface:
Hopefully seeing Dark Knight Rises tonight. :biggrin:
Original post by aja89
Seeing Ted tonight. My friend's paying so no biggie if it's poor. :sexface:

Lucky :tongue:

Does anyone know when Django Unchained is being released? Is it sometime in September? :holmes:

Can't wait to see it...
Reply 7285
No I know this is slightly offtopic, but my friend stood me up! (in a way anyway)

Could be as cheeky to ask if would be willing to give me an Orange Wednesdays code? ;3
Original post by Ruin.
I just rate Christian Bale so highly.

Dedication lvl: Over 9000

That's proper dedication, I respect him so much more now

Original post by SirMasterKey
Hopefully seeing Dark Knight Rises tonight. :biggrin:

I haven't watched it yet
I'm probably going to watch it after the olympics because Stratford is way too packed at the moment : /
I'm just worried it might stop showing
Yep, maybe next year, guys...

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I hope it isn't the In Time of 2012. Every year we get a great sounding science fiction concept which isn't quite executed well on screen.

Reply 7288
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Yep, maybe next year, guys...

Pretty annoyed about the ratings. The trailers looked good!

The trailer for the Bin Laden film doesn't look to great imo.
Reply 7289
Original post by Whostolemycookie
That's proper dedication, I respect him so much more now

I haven't watched it yet
I'm probably going to watch it after the olympics because Stratford is way too packed at the moment : /
I'm just worried it might stop showing

Go to North Greenwich. It's only 3 stops on the Jubilee line. Cineworld there is much better and cheaper than Vue at Stratford :smile:
Reply 7290
Ted is a 5/10 for me.

A couple of funny set pieces (the house party and the fight scene) and a handful of funny one liners, but it was too self indulgent. Yes Seth, we KNOW you liked to watch TV in the eighties. Also, there were a couple of gags that I did actually find quite offensive (subjects like 9/11 and rape), they were the sort of thing MacFarlane gets away with within the context and universe of Family Guy, perhaps it's something about the animation that takes the real sting out of the lines, but when performed by (or to) real human actors they seemed to be too much.
Anyone worked for Cineworld? Just applied for a job there and was wondering if anyone had any experiences?
Reply 7292
Original post by ManBeast
Anyone worked for Cineworld? Just applied for a job there and was wondering if anyone had any experiences?

Just applied there myself for what feels like the millionth time.
Reply 7293
Original post by ManBeast

Looks like the worst place to work in the world. All the staff in every cinema always look really stressed and have to put up with a lot of **** and cleaning.

Feel sorry for them most of the time tbh.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I worked at VUE and it is incredibly tedious and tiring work for minimum wage. However, I got four free films a week (per branch), so there are upsides.
Reply 7295
Would like to work part-time at a cinema but never any vacancies somehow in London ones.

:rofl::rofl:
I just finished watching Inspector Maigret. Great detective/thriller film. As always, Jean Gabin didn't disappoint. 8.5/10

Next up... Rohmer's Love in the Afternoon.
Reply 7298
Been on a bit of a Greengrass binge recently:

United 93 on Tuesday. I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Quite shaken at the end.

The Bourne Supremacy yesterday. I liked it; particularly the stylistics of it. There was the long chase scene towards the end which bored me a little, but that might be because I'm just not very used to watching action films. Really liked the rest of it, thought the story was good (although I did think a bit of realism was sacrificed to not-so-good effect in some parts in favour of 'coolness'.)

The Bourne Ultimatum today. Pretty similar to the above, enjoyed it on the whole. :h:

He's really quite good, isn't he? :biggrin: Hopefully seeing Bloody Sunday soon as well.
Original post by Deshi
Wtf just realised they're remaking Oldboy?!! Why!!!!!!! :frown:

What?!!? Why are they doing that?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending