Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    Interstellar theatrical trailer:

Saw it yesterday in IMAX before Godzilla came on. Godzilla is amazing, especially in IMAX. Great trailer, didn't see any Matt Damon or Hathaway footage apart from like a second.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STARFLEET)
    Saw it yesterday in IMAX before Godzilla came on. Godzilla is amazing, especially in IMAX. Great trailer, didn't see any Matt Damon or Hathaway footage apart from like a second.
    Is a rather large ensemble cast though!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    Is a rather large ensemble cast though!
    I love how they got theoretical physicist Kip Thorne as Exec producer, so you know this is the real deal.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STARFLEET)
    I love how they got theoretical physicist Kip Thorne as Exec producer, so you know this is the real deal.
    I see what you did there, unintentionally perhaps.

THEORETICAL physics and REAL...okay. they can be as fictional as a Harry Potter book. Theorising about things that are unproveable from their basements.
    Lol

But should be good to add some theoretical possibilities ie. creativity to the movie

Sent from my HTC One
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Winter Soldier is every bit as good as I remember it.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm so addicted to Mubi right now - anyone else use it? It's pretty fun every day waking up to a new film that you would otherwise find difficult to locate. The Bird With the Crystal Plummage, Memories of Underdevelopment and Grey Gardens are on there right now which are marvellous films.

(Original post by cambo211)
    Winter Soldier is every bit as good as I remember it.
    I really loved the Robert Redford side but the hitting each other bit... Nyah. It felt like a lot of the themes touched upon were just that, and needed much more development.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Weirdly excited to see What If.
    • 36 followers

Just had to post this here:

(Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    I'm so addicted to Mubi right now - anyone else use it? It's pretty fun every day waking up to a new film that you would otherwise find difficult to locate. The Bird With the Crystal Plummage, Memories of Underdevelopment and Grey Gardens are on there right now which are marvellous films.

I really loved the Robert Redford side but the hitting each other bit... Nyah. It felt like a lot of the themes touched upon were just that, and needed much more development.
    I'm on Mubi but I haven't used it extensively. :holmes:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahq)
    I'm on Mubi but I haven't used it extensively. :holmes:
    It's like a never ending treadmill trying to keep up with it all :rolleyes: - i'm going to have to pull a late one tonight to catch City of pirates before it goes off.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    New Sin City film comes out tomorrow in the UK, can't wait to see it!
    • 36 followers

(Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    It's like a never ending treadmill trying to keep up with it all :rolleyes: - i'm going to have to pull a late one tonight to catch City of pirates before it goes off.
    I think this is the case with films and art in general! :p:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahq)
    I think this is the case with films and art in general! :p:
    Ugh tell me about it. Did just manage to catch City of Pirates though and alas there was no pirates or frankly, cities but instead a women who meets a child who killed his family, who she gets engaged to but is also sort of her current fiance who they kill and possibly the man with multiple personalities of his whole family whom she marries the daughter persona. It is also possible that she may be the boy. It also contains a scene where she gets food from her trunk that is mostly cabbage, raddishes, chicken legs and this guy's head which emits a red light when read poetry too aaaand one where she starts sleep walking very briskly down the road and into the ocean (where a sleep walking male figure appears out of the water) to which her father starts cheering saying she's finally going to kill herself before she abruptly turns the other way. Oh and the policemen are cultists who worship and murder for the boy.

French films, eh? There's probably a point to it all somewhere but it's pretty impenetrable and requires knowledge of literary and historic references that nearly nobody will get. It's a lot of stuff thrown together without it but it works as a dark take on Peter Pan and the weird sexual elements to a lot of children's tales and it's clearly the director having a good time. Iconography is pretty lush and the whole thing feels like a massive identity crisis.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Weirdly excited to see What If.
    That's not weird, it's a good film

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 25, 2014
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.