Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Duh, winning.
    Bi-winning. Winning here and winning there

lol if he gets replaced in Two and a half men... he practically was the show
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Bi-winning. Winning here and winning there

lol if he gets replaced in Two and a half men... he practically was the show
    I doubt he'd be replaced - I agree that he was the show!
    • 36 followers

Yay, shiny new thread!

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Johnny English with Rowan Atkinson and The Pink Panther with Steve Martin are hilarious films.
    I heard (word of mouth) that they're planning a Johnny English sequel. :holmes:

Have you seen The Pink Panther 2? I thought it was rubbish; Aishwarya Rai cannot act very well.

(Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    I'd like to see Charlie Sheen act again a big budget movie. Preferably a bio-pic with him playing himself
    Sounds basically like Two and a Half Men - The Movie! :holmes:

EDIT: Johnny English 2 on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1634122/
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I could rep you this time :woo: and :dance: for a second thread

on a different note, I saw Black Swan yesterday! It was amazing!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    and I had a great discussion about the symbolism reflecting the black swan and the white swan throughout the movie. Plus we had a few thoughts on what psychological disorder she might have, if it is some kind of selfharm or if it was some kind of OCD, if she was paranoid or had a multiple personality disorder... so do we know what she had? what do you people think, did she die in the end?

I know you might already have had this discussion, but it only premiered here in Sweden last week on the 11th :sigh:
    • 36 followers

(Original post by MizzCupcakes)
    on a different note, I saw Black Swan yesterday! It was amazing! and I had a great discussion about the symbolism reflecting the black swan and the white swan throughout the movie. Plus we had a few thoughts on what psychological disorder she might have, if it is some kind of selfharm or if it was some kind of OCD, if she was paranoid or had a multiple personality disorder... so do we know what she had? what do you people think, did she die in the end?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I would lean closer to OCD than self harm, primarily because she seems almost unconsciously to harm herself (though this isn't usually an explicit symptom of OCD). I suppose it may be the desire for self-harm on an unconscious (or sub-conscious) level, possibly because of how hard she seems to push herself (a couple of elements of a type-A personality, though she isn't at all aggressive or extroverted). I think it's an important indicator of how co-morbid most disorders are: it isn't a textbook depiction of any disorder (that I know of). And I do think that she dies in the end, although I'm not sure that's of much significance.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I would lean closer to OCD than self harm, primarily because she seems almost unconsciously to harm herself (though this isn't usually an explicit symptom of OCD). I suppose it may be the desire for self-harm on an unconscious (or sub-conscious) level, possibly because of how hard she seems to push herself (a couple of elements of a type-A personality, though she isn't at all aggressive or extroverted). I think it's an important indicator of how co-morbid most disorders are: it isn't a textbook depiction of any disorder (that I know of). And I do think that she dies in the end, although I'm not sure that's of much significance.
    oops thanks for reminding me to spoiler, didn't think about it

Spoiler:
    Show
    yeah that's what I thought too, but it didn't seem like she had received any medical treatment or a therapist for that matter since her mother was always there to check up on her and acted as her "therapist" I suppose..
    but maybe the aggressiveness was the fact that she was harming herself, plus she did hurt her mother when shutting the door and then when she wanted to leave she crushed her hand again..
    Yes that's true, I don't know of any myself so yeah, even the display of the disorder is different.
    I think it was important for her in the sense that she was striving for perfection, if she would have continued to live and performing the black swan she probably wouldn't have been able to do it exactly as the previous time when she "became" the black swan. She would've always thought that that was it, nothing could get better than that. So I think she either died or was perhaps institutionalized :dontknow:
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wanna see Take me home tonight. I quite like this Theresa Palmer lady woman, then again I generally like Australians anyway
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    On page 5 already?! Anything worth reading? :holmes:

Also, has anyone watched Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer? Views?
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Isla Fisher Hits The Road In The Female 'Hangover' Movie 'Desperados' -- http://www.starpulse.com/news/NextMo...d_in_the_femal
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if Red Rock West is any good?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Going to watch Léon again.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channy)
    Going to watch Léon again.
    :awesome: That movie is pure awesomeness!

and it's never wrong to watch anything with Natalie Portman over and over and over... :nah:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finally got to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Can't wait for the next one :nutcase:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Johnny English with Rowan Atkinson and The Pink Panther with Steve Martin are hilarious films.
    So true They're my favourite comediy films.

'I would like a hamburgaaaaaaa'
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Been on a Hitchcock binge. Rope is incredible. :coma:
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^ On that topic, I've seen most of 'The Birds', quite good

I haven't seen the original Pyscho though.. I heard there's a remake floating about, I also hear it's pretty bad
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guys how do you do that thing where you post a link but instead of the URL being shown you can write something like 'Click here' instead?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    Guys how do you do that thing where you post a link but instead of the URL being shown you can write something like 'Click here' instead?
    URL goes here
    Click here

I think.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    :ninja:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    :ninja:

I figured it out, updating my sig with a link to my DVD collection. Have started using DVD Prolifer.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 25, 2014
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.