The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RJW193
Gotham does cheap trebles aswell

Yeah had a canny few £2.50 triple vodka red bulls in there last week :biggrin:

Then went to Koos and it was like £4.50 for a double vodka lemonade :curious:
Original post by therealOG
Seeing as you're generalising: In Newcastle the weather is crap all year round, it is full of trampy slags, fat half-naked old men and unemployed violent chavs, you can't understand a word anyone says due to their ridiculous accent, and you're hundred of miles away from anything mildly influencial in worldly current affairs.

London on the other hand is home to the most diverse, exciting and intelligent collection of people in the country, it is one of the financial and cultural capitals of the world with endless events, attractions and opportunities. KCL is respected worldwide, and this is helped by the fact that it is a member of the University of London. Newcastle uni however.....:/

I might agree with our accent being ridiculous but seriously mate, go **** yourself.
Newcastle is a good school, I've done the whole London thing and it's my second choice deanery for housejobs.
Reply 43
Original post by digitalis
Newcastle is a good school, I've done the whole London thing and it's my second choice deanery for housejobs.

Ah have you decided now then??
Reply 44
Original post by laurenl93
I might agree with our accent being ridiculous but seriously mate, go **** yourself.

My post wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Of course Newcastle isn't what I described. I was just exposing the other person's flaw in his/her argument. You can't just blurt out massively inaccurate generalisations like "everyone in London is boring and unfriendly". Firstly it's blatantly untrue, secondly it undermines your whole point.

Sorry for any offence, but you really should check out the previous posts between the users' conversation before butting in without any clue.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Beska
Ah have you decided now then??

Pretty much, West Yorkshire followed by Northern.

I heart that Geordie accent on a woman.

Go "fook" yourself? :ahee:
Newcastle's nightlife really isn't that good.

I mean, yes, it's good. It is definitely good, but it's not the absolute holy grail of a night out that the media and people on here seem to be claiming.

Not IMO, anyways.

It's cheap during the week though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah had a canny few £2.50 triple vodka red bulls in there last week :biggrin:

I like this.
Original post by ilickbatteries
Newcastle's nightlife really isn't that good.

I mean, yes, it's good. It is definitely good, but it's not the absolute holy grail of a night out that the media and people on here seem to be claiming.

Not IMO, anyways.

It's cheap during the week though.

London isn't that great though. Nightlife is so scattered, it gets me down. You can't go to one area and just bar hop or whatever. Please don't say Leicester Sq., or Piccadily (overpriced tourist hotspots).
My post wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Of course Newcastle isn't what I described. I was just exposing the other person's flaw in his/her argument. You can't just blurt out massively inaccurate generalisations like "everyone in London is boring and unfriendly". Firstly it's blatantly untrue, secondly it undermines your whole point.

Sorry for any offence, but you really should check out the previous posts between the users' conversation before butting in without any clue.

lol k.

Gotta stand up on behalf of us geordie trampy slags & fat half-naked old men

True what you say though, steretyping makes for a bull**** argument.
Reply 51
At the end of the day everywhere has its strong points and you cant say one is better than the other.

Newcastle and kings are both great in their own rights.

Also world wide reputation is very dependent on where you come from anyway, certain countries rate some unis higher than others, i do believe Newcastle is incredible popular with internationals from malaysia etc
Some people from some parts of the UK havent even heard of kings or even UCL.
Anyway world wide repuation and reputaion in general wont affect medics.

Just go to the place where you think will make the best doctor out of you and where you will have the best experience.
Go "fook" yourself? :ahee:

"fook"??
I like this.

Cheers. Wasn't so happy about it next morning like, gutted.
London isn't that great though. Nightlife is so scattered, it gets me down. You can't go to one area and just bar hop or whatever. Please don't say Leicester Sq., or Piccadily (overpriced tourist hotspots).

I suppose London is just as overhyped as Newcastle.
Reply 54
Pretty much, West Yorkshire followed by Northern.

I heart that Geordie accent on a woman.

West Yorks is the bomb
Reply 55

and you should really f*** off and grow up a little, move out of your parents house, pay rent/taxes etc/ experience the real life outside of your bubble that you live in right now

BEFORE you make you comment on any statements on how financially draining it is living in central london

Oh and about the reputation "overall and such" gtfo, you arent a medic or an applicant, so you know jack **** about med schools yet alone their reputation "world wide"

as for the diversity you're 100 percent right you get all kinds of jackasses in london (and "violent chavs" are here too by the way)

let me reiterate - go back to preparing for your Alevel exams kid and dont give advices on something you know jack **** about
Reply 56
Original post by Ligamentia
and you should really f*** off and grow up a little, move out of your parents house, pay rent/taxes etc/ experience the real life outside of your bubble that you live in right now

BEFORE you make you comment on any statements on how financially draining it is living in central london

Oh and about the reputation "overall and such" gtfo, you arent a medic or an applicant, so you know jack **** about med schools yet alone their reputation "world wide"

as for the diversity you're 100 percent right you get all kinds of jackasses in london (and "violent chavs" are here too by the way)

let me reiterate - go back to preparing for your Alevel exams kid and dont give advices on something you know jack **** about

In the eyes of the law I'm an adult, so please stop calling me a kid, it's just exposing your immaturity. And the swearing just emphasises your lack of articulation skills.

And stop banging on about how financially draining London is. Tens of thousands of students live there and they get on fine, if you have issues handling and structuring your finances in a sustainable way then that's your own fault.

And then you have to ask why the costs are comparitively high in London. Maybe because demand outstrips supply? Because that's where everyone wants to be? Because it's so damn awesome?
Reply 57
In the eyes of the law I'm an adult, so please stop calling me a kid, it's just exposing your immaturity. And the swearing just emphasises your lack of articulation skills.

And stop banging on about how financially draining London is. Tens of thousands of students live there and they get on fine, if you have issues handling and structuring your finances in a sustainable way then that's your own fault.

And then you have to ask why the costs are comparitively high in London. Maybe because demand outstrips supply? Because that's where everyone wants to be? Because it's so damn awesome?

in the eyes of the law you are an adult true, but to me you are a kid living with your parents who knows jack **** about independent life so far

london is financially draining regardless of how well you can manage your finances so there is no need to try to imply that mine arent

considering you havent lived here you really cant comment on londons life; ps once again you arent even a medical applicant or a medic to be commenting on some med schools reputation.
Reply 58
Original post by Ligamentia
in the eyes of the law you are an adult true, but to me you are a kid living with your parents who knows jack **** about independent life so far

london is financially draining regardless of how well you can manage your finances so there is no need to try to imply that mine arent

considering you havent lived here you really cant comment on londons life; ps once again you arent even a medical applicant or a medic to be commenting on some med schools reputation.

Well, I'm 18. So I'm an adult.

It is very possible to manage your finances efficiently and effectively in London, sure it will cost more than living in Newcastle, but that's a given - you'll be living the life in the centre of everything.

I may have not lived in London, but I have a sister who's at UCL. I've learnt a lot from her about life in London and visit central London quite regularly. And I do have the right to comment on uni's reputation (I never actually commented on any medical school's reputation - read my previous posts), being a uni applicant I have sone quite a bit of up to date research.
Reply 59
Okay kid, you cant learn about life in a city you havent lived before from your sister. You have to experience it yourself. Regardless of how well you manage your finances, you will be in a lot of debt living in london (compared to any other city); but considering you havent experienced it first hand you can hardly comment on things like that.

Good luck with trolling forums which are completely irrelevant to you (you're a future investment banker right lol?)

Latest

Trending

Trending