The Student Room Group

Advice on Psychology degree

Hi guys,

I am doing a project on Serial Killers for my access course and need some help with a title..

The official aim of the project is:

To what extent are serial killers determind by biological or psychoanalytical factors.

So far I have come up with 'Natural Born Killers'.. (done to death, 'scuse the pun!) or 'Nature vs Nurture'.. (yawn!?)

Can anyone think of something suitably snappy?

I am going to Uni in September 2011, I have places for psychology and social work but do no know which course to accept! Raaaaaaa! :eek:

Thanks for your time.
Tbh 'snappy' isn't really what you're after, people need to be able to tell at a glance what the paper is about. Something like 'Biological and Psychodynamic Perspectives on Serial Killers' or even 'The Psychopathology of Serial Killers: Biological and Psychodynamic Perspectives' would be what you're after.
Reply 2
Oh you could get all the debates into this essay. E.g.

Nature Nurture
Holism and Reductionism
Free will and Determinism

GO SICK!
Reply 3
Original post by Jonerez
Oh you could get all the debates into this essay. E.g.

Nature Nurture
Holism and Reductionism
Free will and Determinism

GO SICK!

I think the most salient "debates" you can bring in is the nature-nature debate and the scientific debate.

Namely that the biological approach doesn't assume that everything is nurture (that's only what A Level textbooks say). Like 95% of genetic material does not create proteins or cells- but the "non-coding" DNA regulates the activity of the DNA depending on the chemical environment in the cells- so DNA is inherently dependant on environment. There is some good research on the MAOA gene showing how genes-environment interact.

Also Psychoanalytic isn't scientific and has been universally panned by scientists (obviously)- so you could bring that in.

I think

'The Psychopathology of Serial Killers: Biological and Psychodynamic Perspectives'

which paeperpeeple suggested is good :P It's not an article so it doesn't have to be that snappy... :smile: good luck
Reply 4
The official title of my project is "To What Extent Are Serial Killers Determined By Biological Or Psychoanalytical Factors?" ~ But I need something eye catching for the front cover..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending