The Student Room Group

King Edward VI Aston

Hey, I recently applied to King Edward VI Aston and got an offer a few days after my interview, I was wondering if there is anyone else who attends the School or who is an external candidate like me? I know the possibilities are very slim aha.
Thanks
x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Student: 741230.4
Hey, I recently applied to King Edward VI Aston and got an offer a few days after my interview, I was wondering if there is anyone else who attends the School or who is an external candidate like me? I know the possibilities are very slim aha.
Thanks
x

hey i have got an interview this year
i was wondering.. what does it consist of/whats the layout?
is it very fromal/informal
how did yours go?
what were you predicted?

i know its a lot of questions :biggrin:

pm me

Thanks

ryan
Original post by ryanb97
hey i have got an interview this year
i was wondering.. what does it consist of/whats the layout?
is it very fromal/informal
how did yours go?
what were you predicted?

i know its a lot of questions :biggrin:

pm me

Thanks

ryan

I've got an interview for King Edwards Aston as well and I'm wondering about what will come up.

I'm predicted - 7 A*, 6A (including 3 A* already achieved)
What are you predicted?
Reply 3
Original post by 123_qwerty
I've got an interview for King Edwards Aston as well and I'm wondering about what will come up.

I'm predicted - 7 A*, 6A (including 3 A* already achieved)
What are you predicted?

i have mine on 23rd jan (had to re-arrange)
im predicted 7A* 2A's an A in As-level maths, and a few dist/dist*
how do you do that many subjects?? :confused:
is this the only place your applying to?

pm me on what comes up please :biggrin:

ryan
Its amazing how we've revived a forum from 2011.
Anyway...
I am also applying to king Edwards Camp Hill and Five ways.
I'll let you know what comes up in my interview - what do you think they'll ask? And BTW, they said its a 'brief' interview so I don't thinks its something to worry about too much;

About the GCSEs, as I've said Iv'e completed 3 so now I can focus on the rest.

What courses have you applied for?
Reply 5
Original post by 123_qwerty
Its amazing how we've revived a forum from 2011.
Anyway...
I am also applying to king Edwards Camp Hill and Five ways.
I'll let you know what comes up in my interview - what do you think they'll ask? And BTW, they said its a 'brief' interview so I don't thinks its something to worry about too much;

About the GCSEs, as I've said Iv'e completed 3 so now I can focus on the rest.

What courses have you applied for?

maths,fm,bio,chem,physics..hbu?

ryan
I'm in year 11 at keaston now, maybe you'll join me for sixth form next year (if i get in ofc xD )
Reply 7
Original post by King Amukee
I'm in year 11 at keaston now, maybe you'll join me for sixth form next year (if i get in ofc xD )

i got an offer from KEA today.. and got an offer from QMGS.. i pick QMGS since its closer to where i live .. so i wont be going KEA

But ... im not going to decline it has lower conditional grades then qmgs,,so if i dont get the required results for qmgs ill go there (although i think i will get the 4A's 3B's that qmgs want) lol

ryan
the entry requirements are 7 a*-c? hmm :/
Hi I've applied to QMGS, King Edwards Camp Hill, KEFW, Aston and a few more to study maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. Could anyone please tell me what these schools usually ask at the interview? How tough is it to get into these schools at sixth form? Hope to meet some of you guys soon!
Aston is pretty simple, if you appear to be an intelligent, well-behaved pupil with good aspirations, you're likely to be invited, as long as you get the grades ofc. pretty simple questions are asked, eg why those subjets what you want to do when you're older, what you do extra-curricular wise etc. if you have Mr Parker then it's prett easy cos he does most of the talking. good lcuk :wink:
Hi,
So you guys must be starting your second year pretty soon. I am currently in year 11 and have received an offer from ke aston and hopefully depending on my grades i should join in september. Any tis on general sixth form life? And the difficulties of being an external student?
I didnt go to Aston but generally it's alright going as an external student. It's tough to break into the friend groups at first but it gets better after a while. You should concentrate on your grades more because they are quite important.
Is Aston's sixth form all boys ? Or Mixed?
Thanks amish, grades are number one priority. By the way which sixth form did you go to?
Original post by SanjayGill
Is Aston's sixth form all boys ? Or Mixed?

Yes it is all boys
Reply 16
Hi guys, I have my interview on Monday for KE Aston and was wondering what kind of questions they ask? Thanks.
Hi zeed
Nice to know you've reached the interview stage
To be honest it depends what teacher you get for your interview... But most of them are pretty relaxed
You will be asked the basic questions ( what you want to study why you want to study these specific subjects and future hopes and ambitions pretty much what you said on your personal statement) they will also ask you what can you bring to the school ( leadership skills etc...) and they will also ask you why you want a place at this specific sixth form
Hope ive been useful
Best of luck for your interview
Reply 18
Original post by Haich_official
Hi zeed
Nice to know you've reached the interview stage
To be honest it depends what teacher you get for your interview... But most of them are pretty relaxed
You will be asked the basic questions ( what you want to study why you want to study these specific subjects and future hopes and ambitions pretty much what you said on your personal statement) they will also ask you what can you bring to the school ( leadership skills etc...) and they will also ask you why you want a place at this specific sixth form
Hope ive been useful
Best of luck for your interview

Thank you for replying Haich and hopefully I will do well on the interview.
Reply 19
Hi there. I am currently in year 10 going into 11 in september at QMGS and want to move to King Edwards Aston in Sixth Form because it takes 10 mins to get there and takes me 30 to QMGS everyday and has been for the last 4 years or so. My brother went to King Edwards Aston and now going into his second year at sixth form. King Edward Aston is a very good school , maybe better than QMGS and wondered if ANYONE HAS RECEIVED OFFERS FROM THEM AND WHAT GRADES THEY HAVE HAD OR EXPECTED, I KNOW THERE ARE ENTRY REQUIRMENTS BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT SORT OF GRADES WILL DEFINITELY GET ME A PLACE WHEN I GIVE MY APPLICATION IN SOON. REPLY ASAP

Quick Reply

Latest