Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Announcements Posted on
Uni student? You could win a Samsung Galaxy S7 or £500 of travel vouchers by taking this quick survey 05-05-2016
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenl93)
    So yeah yesterday I was just minding my own business at work, doing worky things, and a patient put poo on my face. Poo.

HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN I WORK ON ORTHOPAEDICS I SHOULDNT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT KIND OF THING HAPPENING

OH and it was diarrhoea. Haha
    I must admit that I did laugh at this.
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Taz-)
    OK i'm itching to put Newcastle (for biomed) as my firm choice

Is there anything i should check or make sure before i do so?
    CHeck if Newcastle is awesome: it is :sexface:
    Be sure that you could handle not gettin into medicine in the first year and the fact the course isn't actually accredited with the biomedical... People council thing

And after that, PARTY HARD IN GEORDIE LAND
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    So yeah yesterday I was just minding my own business at work, doing worky things, and a patient put poo on my face. Poo.

HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN I WORK ON ORTHOPAEDICS I SHOULDNT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT KIND OF THING HAPPENING!
    Well... **** happens!
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    CHeck if Newcastle is awesome: it is :sexface:
    Be sure that you could handle not gettin into medicine in the first year and the fact the course isn't actually accredited with the biomedical... People council thing

And after that, PARTY HARD IN GEORDIE LAND
    Do you think the course not being accredited could hurt my chances if i were to apply for graduate-entry medicine?
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:

HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN I WORK ON ORTHOPAEDICS I SHOULDNT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT KIND OF THING HAPPENING!
    how was the taste?
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Taz-)
    OK i'm itching to put Newcastle (for biomed) as my firm choice

Is there anything i should check or make sure before i do so?

(Original post by -Taz-)
    Do you think the course not being accredited could hurt my chances if i were to apply for graduate-entry medicine?
    it is accredited...download the link for courses accredited and newcastle is listed.

http://www.ibms.org/go/education-dev...t/ibms-courses
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetchilli)
    it is accredited...download the link for courses accredited and newcastle is listed.

http://www.ibms.org/go/education-dev...t/ibms-courses
    Just checked, it says Newcastle in the city column but its referring to Northumbria university
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Taz-)
    Just checked, it says Newcastle in the city column but its referring to Northumbria university
    oops never noticed that sorry. Strange that Newcastle wouldn't be accredited.
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Taz-)
    Hi everyone

Not sure if anyone remembers me, but i'm a reapplicant. I sort of fell off the radar a few months ago and stopped posting here, but i followed this thread to about the end of 2011

Just had a look through the past few pages and it's really good to see some of the people i remember now have offers and will be medical students in September. Congrats to you guys :cool:

Unfortunately i'm not going to be one of them though, i've got all medicine rejections now, but hey at least i have 2 Biomed offers (UEA offered me biomed after rejecting me for medicine).

So the question now is, which to accept... Newcastle or UEA for biomed? Which one would you guys go for?

I'm still really keen to medicine at some point though. Does anyone know much about postgraduate finance for a medicine degree?
    I'd go for Newcastle, UEA seems a bit dull in honesty and Newcastle probably has a higher rating
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twelve)
    Love the new signature
    judging from your status i'm guessing you got in? CONGRATZ!
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetchilli)
    oops never noticed that sorry. Strange that Newcastle wouldn't be accredited.
    It is a bit i suppose I noticed Manchester isn't either

Accepted Newcastle now Cannot wait, even if it isn't my first preference of course
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    I'd go for Newcastle, UEA seems a bit dull in honesty and Newcastle probably has a higher rating
    Have done :banana:
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Those of you that didn't get in, try starting a course and applying in the first year.
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Taz-)
    Have done :banana:
    Good stuff! Hope you enjoy it!
  15. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    judging from your status i'm guessing you got in? CONGRATZ!
    Yessss demi, long time no see!

And yes I did I actually jumped up and down when I looked at track. Followed by checking it over and over to make sure I hadn't misread it.
  16. Offline

ReputationRep:

And yes I did I actually jumped up and down when I looked at track. Followed by checking it over and over to make sure I hadn't misread it.
    I did that aswell! When I checked it at work and saw unconditional, I didn't tell any family until I got home and could double check cause the words unconditional and unsuccessful are too similar for my liking :erm: :laugh:
  17. Offline

ReputationRep:

haha still remember me then , i know, how's your gap year going?

Haha sounds awesome, WELL DONE! Dr D
  18. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    haha still remember me then , i know, how's your gap year going?

Haha sounds awesome, WELL DONE! Dr D
    Its alrightttt, pretty boring tbh.

Filling my time with working, visiting friends at their unis (just warming up for freshers :P) and trying to plan good stuff to do in the summer. Unfortunately I'm the only one with any money to do anything Although I'm going Leeds festivalllllll

How is Leeds treating you? By your statuses on facebook, I'm guessing alright?
  19. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackers93)
    I did that aswell! When I checked it at work and saw unconditional, I didn't tell any family until I got home and could double check cause the words unconditional and unsuccessful are too similar for my liking :erm: :laugh:
    This! Especially when it's sandwiched in-between two unsuccessfuls. :sigh:

Now UCAS and King's have sent the confirmation letters I can finally relax a bit more. It's so awesome knowing that for the rest of the summer I don't have to worry about any exams and can enjoy myself.
  20. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Its alrightttt, pretty boring tbh.

Filling my time with working, visiting friends at their unis (just warming up for freshers :P) and trying to plan good stuff to do in the summer. Unfortunately I'm the only one with any money to do anything Although I'm going Leeds festivalllllll

How is Leeds treating you? By your statuses on facebook, I'm guessing alright?
    It's nearly over

That was exactly the same with me, the money will come in handy for booze filled weeks though! Sounds good, I'm hoping to go around europe a bit if i get the money

Yea, it's been pretty sweet tbh, exams in a few weeks so need to get serious now but it's definitely been the best time of my life

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 20, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR

CIE AS biology

Chat about your exam here

Poll
Who will be the next US president?
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.