The Student Room Group

Universities with a student life similar to Exeter?

I recently visited Exeter, and absolutely loved it! I know London universities are quite different, but what universities would it be similar to live at. I know this is quite vague, but I suppose I'm referring to the city, nightlife, the people, shopping etc.

Thanks for any information!
None can compare :wink:
Reply 2
I'd say Bath is quite similar in terms of academic quality in a smallish place, Durham too and maybe St Andrews.
Reply 3
Possibly Royal Holloway although you'd have to travel to London for the shopping/nightlife but it had the same pretty campus feel as Exeter.

Cardiff is also nice in the way its quite a small compact city with the university integrated into it making it feel quite managable.
Original post by george424
I recently visited Exeter, and absolutely loved it! I know London universities are quite different, but what universities would it be similar to live at. I know this is quite vague, but I suppose I'm referring to the city, nightlife, the people, shopping etc.

Thanks for any information!

I would say that if your looking at Exeter and that atmosphere, other natural choices would definately be York (and depending which bit of Exeter Uni you are looking at ) Warick.

Same/more picturesque in York city/campus, similar distance from accomodation into town (well, for my friend who lives up that main road bit in exeter!)... nightlife is similar, enough clubs to be able to go out but often very student orientated, like a university bubble!
And many people at York (who didnt have any distance-from-home restrictions) also applied to Exeter so the people are generally the same mix, though perhaps a lil more southern in Exeter!!!

Warick is slightly different, similar people but more of a campus atmosphere because coventry isnt exactly a quick walk away! But, thats no different to the outer-city Exeter campus so... But I havent spent time at Warick so couldnt help anymore than that!

:smile:

:smile:
I am torn between Exeter and York! They are both similar but so different...
Blehhh
Reply 6
Hmm i am in the same boat! Visitied Exeter's open day on 14th June and York's English taster course on March 31st- loved both! for me, the Exeter campus seems a lot more friendlier, greener and generally ahppier than York's. Hwoever both courses seemed similarly interesting to me. It depends on what you want out of a course and a university- good post though! x
Exactly! Which do you choose in the end? I settled for York (: Whatever it is I hope your happy with it and I'm sure you'll pick the one that suits you best! (: Can't believe it's August, uni in 2 more months!
Reply 8
Have a look at Kent (Canterbury) as well. I looked at Exeter, York, Bath and Kent amongst others. All had a similar feel but Kent just edged it for me (basically down to the course rather than the campus/town). I ended up firming Kent with Exeter as my insurance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending