The Student Room Group

Gap Year Application - firming choice?

Been searching around for an answer, but to my knowledge/search skills it hasnt been answered before. Slightly unsual situation, but bear with me;

Applied unsuccessfully last year after an abysmal set of AS's, reapplied this season with BBC (Bio, Chem, Eng Lit). Got 4 offers, see signature for details after my Jan resits i'm up to BBB,

Now i havn't firmed up my choices yet, Ideally I want to do Neuro at Nottingham (ABB) with Cardiff as backup. Now my question is, should i firm Nottngham, with the risk of the rejection due to BBB (now i would resit if they wanted me to to to get ABB, but dont know if i should firm or ask?) and if I then firm up, will they find out my grade and then reject me on results day in summer, leaving me screwed? I'm a bit stuck.

Also to confuse matters i'm staying with family atm in Australia untill mid April, but will return before the May 5 deadline

P.S - I only got a B due to a C in F215 - anyone else feel the pain? damn Genetics

Thanks guys
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Pwn4g3_P13
Been searching around for an answer, but to my knowledge/search skills it hasnt been answered before. Slightly unsual situation, but bear with me;

Applied unsuccessfully last year after an abysmal set of AS's, reapplied this season with BBC (Bio, Chem, Eng Lit). Got 4 offers, see signature for details after my Jan resits i'm up to BBB,

Now i havn't firmed up my choices yet, Ideally I want to do Neuro at Nottingham (ABB) with Cardiff as backup. Now my question is, should i firm Nottngham, with the risk of the rejection due to BBB (now i would resit if they wanted me to to to get ABB, but dont know if i should firm or ask?) and if I then firm up, will they find out my grade and then reject me on results day in summer, leaving me screwed? I'm a bit stuck.

Also to confuse matters i'm staying with family atm in Australia untill mid April, but will return before the May 5 deadline

P.S - I only got a B due to a C in F215 - anyone else feel the pain? damn Genetics

Thanks guys
Given how tight things seem to be this year, I think you have to assume that Notts would require the ABB. Even if you rang them and they said 'maybe, but we won't know until August' if Notts is what you really want you should go for a resit. Otherwise you are just sitting in a limbo with no control over the outcome. Because their offer is conditional, you can have an insurance as well.
Reply 2
Id re-sit to be on the safe side!
Reply 3
Hmm, yeah i think I might just book in for a resit just in case - although not sure I want to - If it gets in the way of Glastonbury I might have an aneurism... But now i'm going to be panicking about whether my UMS marks wil allow me to resit just the one paper or whether I should bother with another - but in the meantime, if I decide i'm going to resit then I guess i should firm Nottingham and decide between my BBB for a backup
Reply 4
Sounds like a plan :smile:
Reply 5
Good Good, booked in a resit - will ring the unveirsities when i get back home but i have the resit now, thanks guys!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending