The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City University accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Eventually I have accepted my accomodation offer at Derwent Point...I was very undecided, but the deadline to accept the offer was today...

I went into panic and I was afraid of not finding an alternative...I've spent long time searching on the net for a better option, but I didn't find anything...

Victoria Hall looks fantastic, but it's quite far from the City Univ and from the City Center too...

So..Do not know if I did the right choice, I think I will continue to find for something less expendive and if I find it, I'll terminate my Derwent contract...No matter if i will lose my deposit, I'm quite sure the final savings would be higher!
I pay 239$pw at Derwent...I know it's really much.:frown:
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Original post by Sa*
Eventually I have accepted my accomodation offer at Derwent Point...I was very undecided, but the deadline to accept the offer was today...

I went into panic and I was afraid of not finding an alternative...I've spent long time searching on the net for a better option, but I didn't find anything...

Victoria Hall looks fantastic, but it's quite far from the City Univ and from the City Center too...

So..Do not know if I did the right choice, I think I will continue to find for something less expendive and if I find it, I'll terminate my Derwent contract...No matter if i will lose my deposit, I'm quite sure the final savings would be higher!
I pay 239$pw at Derwent...I know it's really much.:frown:

Damn you're crazy! :biggrin: 239/wk... you could buy your own apartment for that money :biggrin:
I don't know what to say, Derwent Point is fantastic, very close to City, but the price is insane :smile: I think you should search more... check this out too:

Last few rooms, great accommodation, near City
Reply 62
Original post by DrummingThunder
Which number did you use to contact City about accommodation? I'll probably give them a ring to ask if they think it's worth seeking alternate accommodation; if there's a chance of not being allocated a room as an undergrad then I guess it would be worth doing.

These actually look rather amazing, especially when you look at this table and consider Liberty Living are supplying City's halls:

http://www.victoriahall.com/wembley/1053-comparing-student-accommodations-in-london.html

QUOTE]

I just rang the number for the student centre (It's on the accomodation application form) I don't have it to hand at the minute. It should be on their website. :smile:
I have been told in the email I won't get told until after the exam results. But, I have to agree the prices are RIDICULOUS! I have not paid any deposit? Am I meant to haha? They just told me to fill in a form and send it then got a email telling me they have recieved my application form?
Reply 64
Yes, that is the procedure.
Then, they will allocate you to one of their halls and you will have some days to make an application directly to the selected hall, to see if there are still some available rooms (of the type you prefer). Finally, you will have to pay a deposit (qqqqqquite expensive!!!):s-smilie: to ensure your room untill september.

So I think you don't have to pay anything because you are not still be allocated in any hall.

Anyway, I have been offered a room in Derwent Point even if I still havn't sent them my degree results...It sounds strange that you have to wait...Don't know...
Hmmmm? How much i the deposit?
I know right.. even though the rooms per week is ridiclous already
Reply 66
Hey,

is anyone there still looking for some private housing - renting a flat of house?
Reply 67
Hi!
I'm still looking for a private house, even if I have accepted an accomodation on Derwent Point...
I hope to find something less expensive...
Where are you searching?
Reply 68
Hi!

I've received a conditional offer for MSc at the School of Informatics and applied for a couple of Uni's halls. I've been told that as a postgrad I'm unlikely to get a place there and prices are way too high, therefore I'm looking for the alternative in a shared private house. So, if there's still someone looking for a flatmate, I'm your guy :wink:

I'll also let you know if I find something decent :wink:
I have tried looking for accommodation woodland court, wedgewood court, East central house (disgusting!) they are all too pricey.... so i think i'm just gonna rent privately...

IF ANYONE NEEDS A ROOMATE :smile:
:smile:
Reply 70
Hi. I'm Nichelle and i'm starting at City in September as an Undergraduate in Optometry. I was just wondering if anyone is still looking for private acc? I can't seem to find anywhere to stay! xx
Reply 71
Original post by Sweetcheeksvb

Original post by Sweetcheeksvb
I have tried looking for accommodation woodland court, wedgewood court, East central house (disgusting!) they are all too pricey.... so i think i'm just gonna rent privately...

IF ANYONE NEEDS A ROOMATE :smile:
:smile:

hey i'm nichelle. im looking for a roommate somewhere! are u an undergrad?
Original post by JJ_
Hi!

I've received a conditional offer for MSc at the School of Informatics and applied for a couple of Uni's halls. I've been told that as a postgrad I'm unlikely to get a place there and prices are way too high, therefore I'm looking for the alternative in a shared private house. So, if there's still someone looking for a flatmate, I'm your guy :wink:

I'll also let you know if I find something decent :wink:

Which course are you starting, if I may ask? I will be starting a MSc in Information Management this September:smile:
Reply 73
Original post by Muzikjunki
Which course are you starting, if I may ask? I will be starting a MSc in Information Management this September:smile:

Hi!

Business Systems Analysis and Design, but I think these 2 courses have a lot of modules in common, so I'm sure I'll see you around :wink:
Computer science anyone ?
Reply 75
I am beginning the Child Nursing course here on the 5th September and we still do not know about accommodation. I understand that Nursing Diplomas are not guaranteed housing. So, what do we do if we don't get accommodation? Do we have to rent our own houses because this is ridiculously expensive and it all feels a bit left too late now considering the course starts in like 2 weeks! HELP!!!
Reply 76
Hi Im looking for a flatmate/room, I'm doing Law come September time :smile: any other girls interested in private accommodation from City University (preferrably other first year girls!!) message me!!
Reply 77
hey guys,

i will be starting at city in september too :biggrin:
def moving out and looking for housemates (girls preferably ;-))

if anyone is itnerested please pm me :smile: x
Reply 78
hey i have applied for accomodation but they said i prob wont get any till christmas.. so i may be looking for a short term rent contract??
Reply 79
Hello, im an undergraduate starting in september and am looking for somewhere to rent with other people...
if anyone knows of anything please pm me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending