The Student Room Group

Informing Uni's with regards to resit result

OK, so I resat one exam in January, the university gave me a conditional offer of a B in Biology. Initially, I just missed out my 2 UMS but I asked for a remark and it did go up enough to bring the overall grade to a B. Happy days. :smile:

But what I want to know, is how do I go about informing the university about this?Something in the back of my head seems to remember that if I just accepted this conditional offer they would not get my grade until the summer as with everyone else.

But obviously, I want the offer to change to unconditional, accept it so I can sit tight knowing that I am in a decent position for the queue for accommodation. Is it just as simple as emailing them and then they can check with the exam board? Or do I need to provide proof myself.

Thanks in advance, sure its been asked before, couldn't find it oddly.
I'm in the same boat as you, it's a strange loophole in the system, but the way i understand it is the university's have no way of knowing untill the results day in summer,which i think gives you the chance to resit again if you so wish....weird system
Reply 2
I hope that's not the case, would be annoying.
Reply 3
Original post by JamesAl
I hope that's not the case, would be annoying.

Email them and they will ask you to provide proof of results, I was told to wait until I had my certificates and then send them photocopies)
Reply 4
But, if I am correct, I won't get a certificate for this resit until the summer?
Original post by JamesAl

Even if you provide evidence to universities that you've met your offer, its up to them whether they update it to unconditional or not before the summer. Some will do, but others won't see the point and will just keep you as conditional until the summer but it doesn't matter, you know you're in and have got a place, its just the wording which is the issue.

You will need to contact them with your results slips to show you've met your offer.
Reply 6
Thanks for the response, will get on to them with an email ASAP.

As I said in the OP, the issue is those who have a firmed unconditional offer get their accommodation sorted at the start of July (at least at my choice of uni).
Original post by JamesAl

Original post by JamesAl
Thanks for the response, will get on to them with an email ASAP.

As I said in the OP, the issue is those who have a firmed unconditional offer get their accommodation sorted at the start of July (at least at my choice of uni).

Then hopefully they will do it for you in advance, but they don't have to do so until the summer. Some departments will make it unconditional earlier, especially if they've been told to do so for accommodation purposes, but others won't. All you can do is email them with details of your results and explain that you'd appreciate it if they'd make your offer unconditional ASAP for accommodation purposes. It would make your claim for them to do it faster more valid if they were already your firm choice too.
Reply 8
Original post by JamesAl
But, if I am correct, I won't get a certificate for this resit until the summer?

I've no idea when we will get our certificates, but UEA said to wait until I recieved mine.

Quick Reply

Latest