The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds medics...

Any medics from Leeds here? Or people applying?

I havent heard anything from them yet and its slightly worrying when people have offers and i dont even have a 'yes, we have received your application form'... Anyne else got welcome letters/ interviews for medicine?

Also, is it really worth ringing up the university and asking them? or will that just annoy them?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hiya i applied for Biomed and have heard nothing either..starting to worry..bt keep being told its alright!!

gd luck
x
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
don't stress!
you'll hear something at some point :biggrin:
Reply 3
I'm applying for medicine and biochem at leeds - i got my offer letter for biochem at the same time as i got my acknowledgement letter for medicine.

I wouldn't stress about it too much...
Reply 4
spoon1
I'm applying for medicine and biochem at leeds - i got my offer letter for biochem at the same time as i got my acknowledgement letter for medicine.

I wouldn't stress about it too much...

You have an acknowledgement letter?? :eek: :eek: Could UCAS have screwed my application as well? They have done this year. They deleted some applicants for my school competely! UCAS cudnt find them when they rang up... But thats just me being the chronic worrier that I am ....

But seriously, when did you get your acknowledgement letter?
Reply 5
i havent had a letter either... :confused:
Reply 6
spoon1, Could you please tell me when you got your confirmation letter? Im very worried now. My best friends application ( to do music) got COMPLETELY deleted from the UCAS databse. She sent it again today! And ive heard that some people's applicaitons were .. strange i.e. their ps's were chopped, shortened, addresses changed etc.

My, arent I optimistic?
Reply 7
i got my offer 2day..hope urs come thru soon x
Reply 8
Um I got my confirmation letter when I got my offer for biochem which was ...... 10 november, or around then, i THINK....

Don't fret too much, i know of some people who haven't received acknowledgement letters yet, but it might be uselful to call up ucas just to make sure...

Hope it all goes well for you :smile:
Reply 9
Whew, I got my acknowledgement letter today (not interview/offer yet)... for medicine.
Reply 10
i'v applied for medicine... have recieved only a confirmation letter till now
Reply 11
I've applied to Leeds too. Only got a confirmation letter so far... I'm really nervous because Imperial just rejected me :frown: Knowing my luck and my life, I'll be rejected from Leeds within the next few days too! Grrr!

Good luck to all of you :smile:
Reply 12
Still nothing ... Is Leeds being slow or something? I've already had two offers!! But, I want to know about my application at Leeeeds.

Is it time we rung them?
Reply 13
Mazaa
Still nothing ... Is Leeds being slow or something? I've already had two offers!! But, I want to know about my application at Leeeeds.

Is it time we rung them?

Don't bother ringing up yet. If you know they've got your letter, then it's just a case of 'wait and see'. Interviews last until end of March and the deadline to let you know is April or something (check UCAS website).

I know it's hard but be patient!!!
Reply 14
I got a letter for interview sent to me just before xmas hols, interview 23rd feb!scary stuff!
Reply 15
Mazaa where have you offers from?

I haven't heard anything from Leeds yet, although i got an email from them the other day saying 'thank you for your enquiry at leeds' but I didn't, er, enquire about anything!
Mazaa
spoon1, Could you please tell me when you got your confirmation letter? Im very worried now. My best friends application ( to do music) got COMPLETELY deleted from the UCAS databse. She sent it again today! And ive heard that some people's applicaitons were .. strange i.e. their ps's were chopped, shortened, addresses changed etc.

My, arent I optimistic?

yeah, my employment history was all deleted. and as i have had several long-term saturday jobs, i wanted unis to realise that i can balance my workload and i thought this might show them, etc, and god, UCAS deleted it! oh, and they decided to change my parent's employment to "woodcraft", or something, even though my mum's a teacher... weird.
Reply 17
Yay I have an interview at leeds on the 2nd march! I'm soooooo happy!!!
Reply 18
Hey! How did your interview go?

spoon, I have offers from Sheffield, Cambridge and Hull York. I STILL havent heard anything from Leeds!!
Reply 19
Mazaa
Hey! How did your interview go?

spoon, I have offers from Sheffield, Cambridge and Hull York. I STILL havent heard anything from Leeds!!

wow lucky 3 offers!!! surely you dont need another? :p:

Interview was ok, hard to tell really....it wasnt horrendous, yet it wasnt great either.....but i'd be so happy to get an offer, leeds is my 1st choice!

Latest