The Student Room Group

Rude examiner :(

Scroll to see replies

You need to complain to the exam board.
That is not on.
hahaha..
Original post by cherrycheeks8-)
what theee ****?!
This is why i dont believe in grades! Our future is marked by strangers who could be anyone, and could mark you up or down for any personal stupid reasons..down to luck for the most of time!
send it off for a re-mark, in fact go further, thats not on, not on AT ALL.

Yeah, that's what people who can't do exams normally say.
Really, what would you rather have? People who know you, so can't be impartial?

Anyway, OP, I'm gonna go with what everyone else has said and say try and get a remark, or discuss with your teacher to see if they think you have grounds for a complaint.
Reply 43
Original post by cherrycheeks8-)
what theee ****?!
This is why i dont believe in grades! Our future is marked by strangers who could be anyone, and could mark you up or down for any personal stupid reasons..down to luck for the most of time!
send it off for a re-mark, in fact go further, thats not on, not on AT ALL.

The grade system isn't perfect but how else are universities going to decide which applicants are best suited to study a course? Let's face it, a personal statement and interview alone isn't enough to distinguish between thousands of applicants. Most universities don't even use interviews.

I also object to the idea that exam results are purely based on luck. Students might get the odd harsh mark (and I sympathise with you OP), but in general results are fair tbh.
hmmm I just feel like the examining system is messed up atm!
Hi i got 93% in Business last year, and in that paper I had got 70%, after coming out of that exam I felt like I had hit 90% again! Getting my original paper back soonish (original, so I can't get a re-mark).
Reply 46
Original post by Casshern1456
Yep I posted on the KCL thread I got rejected the reason being "you have not achieved or are not predicted to get the grades" YES I was:rolleyes:
awful reason but they do have 4k applicant for just 220 places..

that's stupid and they should give some margin for applicants who perform better than predicted..
anyways....good luck with the rest and hope you get into City.. (yn)
Original post by slacker07906
aqa!!!!!!!!!

Of course it was AQA. :angry:
Provided he marked it correctly why does a few snotty comments matter. Also he criticises your handwriting you want to set of a firework in his face hardly seems resonable.
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
I don't see how see how those comments are related to the paper..?

Well that is kinda the point of the thread.
I don't trust examiners either. Mainly because my physics teacher is a senior examiner and she constantly gets things wrong, she doesn't understand the Boltzmann factor at all and can not take any kind of response pointing out what she said doesn't make sense. If she doesn't understand the course how can she possibly mark papers? I think it may be something similar in your case, an examiner who doesn't know the course well and so just marks on the obvious things like sentence construction
Reply 51
Original post by slacker07906
This is a post on a forum not an exam you fool

There is nothing wrong with using perfect grammar in everyday speech and writing, and in fact there is everything wrong with not doing it.
Original post by TheProdigy2k9
Well that is kinda the point of the thread.

No I mean I can understand that he wrote mean comments, but I don't know why he would write any comments at all, even if they were nice? How is opinion involved in a business exam?
Original post by PendulumBoB

Original post by PendulumBoB
Provided he marked it correctly why does a few snotty comments matter. Also he criticises your handwriting you want to set of a firework in his face hardly seems resonable.

Lol this made me laugh. You have totally skipped the word "harsh" in my orginal post. He has not market it correctly at all, he has just give me one tick for every paragraph of writing and added up the ticks, idiotic man. And also, how dare he speak about my handwriting in such a way, it wasn't that bad, and most candidate's quality of handwriting descends nearing the end of the paper. But ye...I would never do such a thing...its too soft. Physical strangle would fit the bill.
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
No I mean I can understand that he wrote mean comments, but I don't know why he would write any comments at all, even if they were nice? How is opinion involved in a business exam?

Exactly! Its like he was trying to justify his harsh marking. I think he knew I would get the script back, but a better choice of word's would have been appropriate.
Original post by tajmahal
that's stupid and they should give some margin for applicants who perform better than predicted..
anyways....good luck with the rest and hope you get into City.. (yn)

Thanks mate:smile: good luck with your application to hope you get into where you want.
Reply 56
lol...
thanks for the appreciation...i rofl'ed the day i got hold of them..
i suppose you were ironic when asking about the penalty kick...he's no where near it..:tongue:
Still mad!
Reply 58
Original post by zxh800
It was I! Come at me bro!

You mad brah?
haha you lot make me laugh :P

Quick Reply

Latest