The Student Room Group

grant

Hello i will be starting back at university in 2012 and i was wondering if i would qualify for the grant. I did go to university when i was younger but i dropped out after 6 months and i was wondering if this affected my grant application. When i previously attended university i only got the maintenance loan and not the grant and loan fees loan.
I don't imagine it would - I think it would only affect the grant system if you had completed your degree.
Reply 2
I believe they will pay for n+1 years. That means the length of whatever course you are on plus 1 extra year, so if you have used 1 year up before and screw up a year and have to retake it, you won't get finance for the last year. I don't know if the fee loan is covered by that.

Whether this applies might depend on how long ago you went the first time and what system they were using.

Just answer the questions truthfully and don't mess up any years. The worst case scenario is that you don't have any chances left.

Whether you get grant or laon will depend on income, and I'm afraid it's a trailing indicator in that they take the last completed tax year for which returns are due to have been in, so the tax year for which you filed a return in the January of the calendar year you start (and so on for the next year). I think that means it will be based (for 2012) on the tax year ending 5th April this year, but I have tried very hard to avoid knowing about tax law.
Too many unknowns to answer.
How old are you?
Have you worked for the last 3 years away from home?
How much do your parents earn if you are under 25?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending