The Student Room Group

Further Maths A level for economics at Uni?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
5 Subjects is favourable, if you're good enough to get top grades in them. I'm only doing tbh to try and make up for my poor GCSE grades. But 5 always looks better than 4, assuming you're good enough.

No it doesn't, it really doesn't.
5 only looks better if you are 15 years old and don't know very much about how things work.
Reply 21
Original post by H.C. Chinaski
No it doesn't, it really doesn't.
5 only looks better if you are 15 years old and don't know very much about how things work.

Believe me, I wouldn't pick an extra subject unless had to - FM being the exception. I have to do a 5th subject to make a full timetable, it's just how it is at my school.
Reply 22
Original post by H.C. Chinaski
You are simply supplying more evidence that they clearly do not know what they are doing!
Why don't they give it proper respect!! Why don't they give it the proper allowance that other A-level subjects seem to enjoy!!
As said .... I would find another school !!!

Doing FM like that is very common. At my school you could only do FM if you opted to do the entire Maths A-Level in one year and then did the FM in the second year and that's certainly not an uncommon way of running the course.
Original post by cambo211
Doing FM like that is very common. At my school you could only do FM if you opted to do the entire Maths A-Level in one year and then did the FM in the second year and that's certainly not an uncommon way of running the course.

The approach that your school employed is nothing like the afore mentioned system.

The approach employed by your school is the best way of offering Further maths and is indeed common.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending