The Student Room Group

BPP Busines School - Worth it?

Hi Guys, I am looking to apply in different universities but the BPP MSc Finance realy appeals to me.. But I am really strugling finding some reviews on it. I tried to contact some current students I found on some social networks, but no answer so far..

So, for you who might live in London, any advice/opinion on that school?

Br
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
nobody has an idea? really?!
Reply 3
I don't know first hand but I think its reputation for vocational courses is pretty good. It isn't the respected academic institution that the top (or even top 20) universities are but it isn't bad. I know its quite big on Law and Accountancy stuff and doesn't have a bad reputation.

All depends on your background and what you want to go into?
Reply 4
Well as mentioned earlier, I'd go for their MSc Finance, as it provides a CFA training during the last term.. After graduation, my goal would be to get into a graduate trainee program at UBS (or sth similar elsewhere..)
My backgrounds? Studied management/finance in Luxembourg, aswell as in London for a few months..
Reply 5
Is it worth it? Frankly, no.
Reply 6
Original post by Ilustrius
Is it worth it? Frankly, no.

maybe you can tell me why you think this?
Reply 7
i want to know the same thing abt the biz school...the problem is that there is very little info if any available on the internet..
Reply 8
Original post by hasanahmed
i want to know the same thing abt the biz school...the problem is that there is very little info if any available on the internet..

true, so.. last month, I booked a flight and went to London to visit them! From what I was able to see, it is very different than what you would expect from a "normal" university. The rooms were small, with maximum 40 seats. I was able to see that most of the teaching is spent in small groups, which should IMO make the whole learning more efficient. The facilties looked like new, staff seemed to be friendly as well..
what programm would you be interested in?
Reply 9
i am interested in msc finance...but there is hardly any info...but from wat i cud gather....BPPs postgraduate program is new... however it is pleasing to see that amonsgt the professional qualification , like ACCA, CIMA , ICAEW, it is top class... the law school is prettyu reputable as well....my aim is getting into a big 4 Accountancy firm so my target is a degree relevant to the field of accounancy...the closest one is finance msc....

i did mail BPP abt their career fairs and their garduate prospects....didnt get a reply...probably bec i mailed to 3 depts the admission and 2 more....
Reply 10
i came across an article in the Guadian ...was abt BPP and Carl Lygo its CEO....leaving out the issue abroad regading litigation on the apollo group...the accountancy circle does treat BPP in good respects.....the issue highlighted in the article was that the university and college union were unhappy wen BPP was awarded degree issuing powers....and according to the CEO, they are responsible for creating an atmosphere of misinformation.....dont know what to beleive who toi beleive....some say its good some hav no info....

i think the general atmosphere in UK is that there is shift of education from unis to coleges which ppl can better afford....so when colleges like BPP enter the university biz of giving out degrees....its a direct threat to the existing unis...and dude i dont know wat a uni and college union is? ....

my aim is to get into a big 4 accopuntacy firm... so wud like to know whether BPPs msc can get me there....

u shud check out the following links in the next post
Reply 11
my email address is hasanahmed @hotmail.com

gimme ur mail address i will send u the links
Reply 12
Why is their MSc finance so expensive seeing as it is such a new course ?
Reply 13
i think that is ok and is not too bad. if you could go in a university like lse, cass, imperial then is better. but is still a good choice.
Reply 14
Original post by hasanahmed
my email address is hasanahmed @hotmail.com

gimme ur mail address i will send u the links

i think i know the article you're talking about. But the thing is, after doing their assessment test last week, I was now told that I got accepted.
Plus, while beeing there I talked with some people who were doing the msc finance, and they were quite happy about it! "challenging" was their opinion..
so i guess i ll go for it
Reply 15

5 minutes ago

I would choose the College of law over BPP. BPP admissions officers are smooth talkers, at the initial stage they are quite helpful and nice but once you've registered it's a totally different scenario. I am currently studying with them and its one of my biggest regrets. I and a few others are looking at transferring to another university.
I just wish I had listened to some of the reviews I found here and not been blinded by the other reviews which in hindsight was most definitely written by their PR staff.
There are numerous problems from tutors leaving mid term times, administration is shambolic, some of the staff are VERY condescending and don't listen to students... I could go on and on.
There is a reason why there is hardly any reviews about them apart from newspaper articles and TSR considering the fact that THOUSANDS of students have gone through their doors.
Their facebook page doesn't really have that many reviews neither does their Instagram page.
I hope this helps but there will still be some like me who will still chose them hoping for the best and end up getting the worst!
P.s It'll be great if other people share their experiences so others don't end up being in our situations

Original post by battosai
Hi Guys, I am looking to apply in different universities but the BPP MSc Finance realy appeals to me.. But I am really strugling finding some reviews on it. I tried to contact some current students I found on some social networks, but no answer so far..

So, for you who might live in London, any advice/opinion on that school?

Br

Hi Battosai,

Great to hear that you're thinking about studying your MSc Accounting and Finance with BPP University Business School.

Our MSc Accounting and Finance is taught by expert professionals who have a wealth of industry experience. The programme is practice-focused, teaching you how to apply theory to the workplace. There are details of the modules taught on the course, as well as how to apply, here: http://www.bpp.com/postgraduate-course-details/d/undergraduate/MScAccountingFinance/11926

You could also head over to our blog and discover some of our professional tutors who would be teaching on the course: http://blog.bpp.com/. Just click on the 'In profile with' and you'll find profiles on the professionals and their industry background.

I hope this helps!

If you need more information, get in touch with our admissions department on +44(0) 333 1223 604

Good luck!
Original post by JJason_

I would choose the College of law over BPP. BPP admissions officers are smooth talkers, at the initial stage they are quite helpful and nice but once you've registered it's a totally different scenario. I am currently studying with them and its one of my biggest regrets. I and a few others are looking at transferring to another university.
I just wish I had listened to some of the reviews I found here and not been blinded by the other reviews which in hindsight was most definitely written by their PR staff.
There are numerous problems from tutors leaving mid term times, administration is shambolic, some of the staff are VERY condescending and don't listen to students... I could go on and on.
There is a reason why there is hardly any reviews about them apart from newspaper articles and TSR considering the fact that THOUSANDS of students have gone through their doors.
Their facebook page doesn't really have that many reviews neither does their Instagram page.
I hope this helps but there will still be some like me who will still chose them hoping for the best and end up getting the worst!
P.s It'll be great if other people share their experiences so others don't end up being in our situations

I completely agree!
I am doing accountancy with them for the last 2 years now. The tutors are great but when it comes to the Uni experience..it's a joke. Plus, the Admin! I better not say anything.. It's so awful that I am going to another uni this year. So, AVOID. I regret so much as an overseas student!!! I am so frustrated! I wasted my time as well as money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending