The Student Room Group

UCAS extra

Hi im thinking of using ucas extra, but as it is i already have 2 offers so i dont want to risk them for unis on extra that i wouldnt get offers from.
Should I email the unis im interested in first before applying to see if i have a chance of getting an offer?
If so what should i say? as i dont want them to just give me the entry requirements i could find on their website.
Original post by ferdinandsmrs
Hi im thinking of using ucas extra, but as it is i already have 2 offers so i dont want to risk them for unis on extra that i wouldnt get offers from.
Should I email the unis im interested in first before applying to see if i have a chance of getting an offer?
If so what should i say? as i dont want them to just give me the entry requirements i could find on their website.

Email is no use at this stage; time is important. You should telephone the admissions tutors, ask if they can still make offers and push them to give you a realistic indication of how you stand in terms of getting an offer. If you don't want to risk what you have all this is important.
Reply 2
Original post by Good bloke
Email is no use at this stage; time is important. You should telephone the admissions tutors, ask if they can still make offers and push them to give you a realistic indication of how you stand in terms of getting an offer. If you don't want to risk what you have all this is important.

thanks for your reply but what should i actually ask specifically?
1. Do you still have vacancies for your xxx course? 2. Can I discuss my possible application with you? 3. Discussion. 4. Can I expect that you would give me an offer if I applied today?

Quick Reply