Original post by AngryJellyfish
:facepalm:

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Anime is cool.

:girl:

They do look pretty similar though.:sadnod:

I must have known in the first series but forgot.:hmmmm:
Reply 3141
Watched the first two episodes of Space brothers today. Was a nice little series which I enjoyed, which is kind of annoying as I didn't want to get into a long show :mmm:

Also mysterious girlfriend X...is that some kind of fetish? :nyoron:
Reply 3142
Can't wait for today's Fate/Zero.

Spoiler

last couple of eps of zombie desu 2 have been hilarious :rofl:

i need to crack on with these new shows :pinch:

Original post by Truered
Watched the first two episodes of Space brothers today. Was a nice little series which I enjoyed, which is kind of annoying as I didn't want to get into a long show :mmm:

Also mysterious girlfriend X...is that some kind of fetish? :nyoron:

yup :drool:

2nd ep was :coma: that girl got some amazing snippity snip skills :sogood:

oh and watch zombie desu s1 :poke:

:facepalm:

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Anime is cool.

:ditto:

:facepalm2:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3144
Original post by Tabris
Can't wait for today's Fate/Zero.

Spoiler

F/Z 16

Spoiler

Reply 3145
Watched Hyouka and Aquarion EVOL today.

EVOL was as fun as usual, more homages to Macross and Genesis of Aquarion, which are always appreciated.

The animation for Hyouka was fantastic. If KyoAni keep this up, they should be winning awards for the standard of animation alone. I've never read the novel, so I'm curious to see where it goes.
Watching Galaxy Angel characters cameo in Di Gi Charat Nyo, with HK subs and eyecancer video quality. :cool:

Reply 3147
Hyouka giving me major clannad/haruhi vibes, which can only be a good thing.

Looking forward to seeing what direction the series goes in.
Reply 3148
Despite my initial reservation, like the first season, I'm surprisingly enjoying this sequel of Saki. It's also been a while since I've watched an anime that has featured an actual place, in this case the Tokyo International Forum.
Reply 3149
Watching Galaxy Angel characters cameo in Di Gi Charat Nyo, with HK subs and eyecancer video quality. :cool:

Spoiler

I can remember going through most of Galaxy angel, importing some of the DVDs, and even buying one boxset at an expo :moon:

:teeth:

I haven't touched any anime DVDs in ages...
I watched Clanned the other day, when I should have been revising:tongue: I got into because of a great AMV which I might add was based for the after story but i didn't know that until i watched the whole clanned first series and was like WTF SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO PLAN TO WATCH CLANNED IN THE NEAR FUTURE

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by lil-mazie
SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO PLAN TO WATCH CLANNED IN THE NEAR FUTURE

I appreciate you putting SPOILER in capital letters, but people could still accidentally read them, so if you could use actual spoiler tags, that'd be great. :smile:

Spoiler

Someone please convince me to give it another go I have a feeling the after story will make me think otherwise

As much as I'd like to... I wasn't a huge fan of After Story myself. :o: I thought the first half of the series dragged, and the second half's ending was a cop-out. In my opinion, the movie handled it better, despite being rushed.
I watched Clanned the other day, when I should have been revising:tongue: I got into because of a great AMV which I might add was based for the after story but i didn't know that until i watched the whole clanned first series and was like WTF SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO PLAN TO WATCH CLANNED IN THE NEAR FUTURE

As Jelly said, please properly spoiler the spoiler in your post :smile:

As for the other stuff Jelly said, ignore him because he doesn't know what he is talking about - its obvious to anyone who looks at the logic. Anyone who didn't love Clannad can't have good taste, anyone who doesn't have good taste, can't know what he is talking about, thus anyone who doesn't know what they are talking about mustn't be listened to in matters regarding Clannad. Full proof logic, no? Sorry AJ :tongue:

Clannad was great, the first series was good but not absolutely great and I don't think many cried in the first series as it wasn't meant to be sad, as opposed to quite a happy end, relatively anyway for those who get what they want. As for After Story, it was awesome. A lot of drama, down to earth conflicts, some pretty believable moments and some pretty sad moments but was always heart warming. Whilst there was some convoluted side plot with some slight fantasy elements, I'd still day give it a try. One of my favourites. :yep:
I know this is an anime thread but, I'll post this here anyway. After my friend convinced me to read the Akira manga (when I was less than blown out of the water by the film) I have become somewhat infatuated. Not the longest manga, but I can definitely see why it set the bench mark it did. As is obvious by my change on TSR... I do love this manga. Great pacing, stellar plotline, amazing art, great characters and lines and actually manages to ask some very philosophical questions without blatantly trying to be philosophical and contrived *cough* Ergo Proxy *cough*. I'd recommend it highly, if you've watched the film or not. If anything, it would be better if you didn't watch the film first, it would only colour your opinion of the manga which is very different. /fanboy

I need to buy the manga for this. Definitely get a reread sometime.
Original post by Facticity
As for the other stuff Jelly said, ignore him because he doesn't know what he is talking about - its obvious to anyone who looks at the logic. Anyone who didn't love Clannad can't have good taste, anyone who doesn't have good taste, can't know what he is talking about, thus anyone who doesn't know what they are talking about mustn't be listened to in matters regarding Clannad. Full proof logic, no? Sorry AJ :tongue:

Congratulations, you've convinced me to lower my A-P rating for the series. :p: Seriously though, not sure how it slipped under my radar when I revamped my ratings a few months ago. :hmmmm2:

Cancelled my order on Amazon for volume 3 of Wish... I only started the series because all four volumes were advertised on the site as new or pre-owned in good condition for reasonable prices, but it seems they don't have volume 3 in stock (not a huge surprise TBH) and were thinking of contacting the publisher (Tokyopop) for a new copy. :facepalm: Blackwell was the same. Finally found a good condition pre-owned copy on Abebooks for £6.20 inc. postage though; just hope the description is accurate, as the two volumes I've bought so far have been as good as new.
Reply 3155
Bleargh. Clannad: After Story has to be one of the very few series that made me legitimately angry because of how emotionally manipulative it was. I actually enjoyed Clannad quite a lot but After Story's ending just ruined the entire show for me.
Reply 3156
Clannad after story aka Manly tears the anime.
Original post by Carecup

Na, I'm pretty sure that is Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin. Serious man tears.

Congratulations, you've convinced me to lower my A-P rating for the series. :p: Seriously though, not sure how it slipped under my radar when I revamped my ratings a few months ago. :hmmmm2:

Because you were so convinced by its sweet goodness, that you quite easily overlooked it as deserving the (relative by your standards) high score? I'm pretty sure that is it. :ninja: I do find the concept of lowering scores intriguing though. Should we lower scores based on past reflection? I guess dragonball wouldn't be as amazing for me now as it was when I was a kid, but I wouldn't lower its score because at the time, it was the best thing ever created. Surely its about how the show at the time (or close afterwards) made you feel? :beard:

Original post by caraniel
Bleargh. Clannad: After Story has to be one of the very few series that made me legitimately angry because of how emotionally manipulative it was. I actually enjoyed Clannad quite a lot but After Story's ending just ruined the entire show for me.

I'm not so sure I understand your argument. It was bad because it monopolized the viewers emotions? Isn't that what every single comedy, romance, tragedy, thriller, adventure - heck, every genre; tries to do endlessly? The viewing of something is simply the manipulation of the viewers emotions. If a show succeeds at it, masterfully at that, then surely it met its job and surpassed it even? I can understand AJ's scores as he clearly wasn't that influenced by it but to say it was did manipulate people's emotions hence why it is bad, seems paradoxical given that is the intent of pretty much every form of entertainment - and if it succeeds, then surely it is expected to go down well with a lot of people? :dontknow:

Meh, I agree though that Clannad and After Story were good for different reasons and the ending to AS was a bit deus ex machina, but, at the same time I still loved it. Maybe its because it was one of my earlier anime... regardless.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3158
I need to buy the manga for this. Definitely get a reread sometime.

Indeed, Akira is brilliant. I'm longing for an anime adaptation that's longer than two hours. In other words, a television series. :smile:
Original post by Carecup

Nah, that's Kaiji. :yes:

Because you were so convinced by its sweet goodness, that you quite easily overlooked it as deserving the (relative by your standards) high score? I'm pretty sure that is it. :ninja: I do find the concept of lowering scores intriguing though. Should we lower scores based on past reflection? I guess dragonball wouldn't be as amazing for me now as it was when I was a kid, but I wouldn't lower its score because at the time, it was the best thing ever created. Surely its about how the show at the time (or close afterwards) made you feel? :beard:

Years ago, I was even more generous with my ratings than I am now. 4.5/5 was my the score I gave out most frequently, even though I could look through my list of series rated 4.5 and pick out ones that were better than others - which didn't help other people looking at my list to see what I really liked. I've also become more critical over time, and while some series I still rate highly may be propped up by nostalgia (Elfen Lied etc), others such as After Story are fresher in my mind. It also helps that I can compare its rating to the first series of Clannad - if that's worth 4/5, then (in my opinion) After Story should be lower.

I agree with your arguments against Cara though - a good series SHOULD manipulate my emotions. :yes:

Latest