The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I've heard good things about Hyobu Kyosuke The Unlimited... maybe one day I'll be able to drag my way through the second half of Zettai Karen Children so that I can move on to this spin-off, as Kyosuke himself is about the only decent character in it. :s-smilie:

Read you don't actually need the original series to enjoy the spin-off - proving pretty accurate. Never wanted to bother with Zettai Karen Children because it looked a bit meh, The Unlimited is proving to be a solid watch though.
Reply 6721
Similarly to AJ, my posts on here have become increasingly sporadic. Need to make amends. Just a quick update because I need to head off to work very soon.

As mentioned in a previous post, I've been a bit busier lately because I'm in the process of moving places, so I've been slower on the uptake this season. However, I have gotten around to a fair few.

Definitely keeping on Baby Steps, Blade and Soul, Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Date a Live 2, Isshuukan Friends, Seikoku no Dragonar, Captain Earth and Mahouka.

There's a few others that I've seen that I'm not sure about such as Majin Bone and there's many many more that I have yet to see, including the Jojo sequel, which I'm already convinced I'll be keeping on.

Original post by eugenius 8
Enjoyed the first couple of eps of No Game No Life, really into those kind of games :beard: Reminds me I need to get back to finishing that 2nd season of Kaiji :redface: :tongue: Oh yeah some of that 2nd ep was flipping hilarious :rofl2: Shiiirrooo :rofl:

Need to watch this, hopefully tonight. :smile:

Nah it was Isshuukan Friends.

Now that I've seen this, it makes perfect sense. Cute little series. I have to say, it's something of a trend this season to have loner female leads. :tongue:

They just can be asked to end shows properly anymore :dontknow: :tongue:

Yeah, it's something of a pet hate when it comes to anime. Understandable, I suppose, given that they want to leave things open to a possible sequel and the fact that they're adapting it from a manga or light novel that's usually ongoing, in most cases.

:yep: Chitoge slowly showing her feelings in the next ep well she probably doesn't even realise it herself :tongue:

I wasn't sure whether I'd like her at first, but her openness is refreshing, given how subdued the other girls are about their feelings. :tongue:

Original post by eugenius 8
Damn 15 eps a day, think I've only done that 2/3 times ever :tongue: I struggle to watch 15 eps a month these days, I need to up my game now that I've finished all my assignments :dumbells:

The most I've ever achieved was almost re-watching Yu Yu Hakusho in its entirely in one day. Typically, on the weekend, I can get through 15 episodes, give or take. :yes:

Just seen the first ep of Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, thought it was going to be one of those slow romances at the start :s-smilie: but it ended up being pretty hilarious :laugh:

Yeah, the first episode was rather slow, but once they've introduced the characters, it gets a lot funnier (by episode 3). This is other anime this season where the female lead is a loner with no friends. :tongue:

Also saw the first couple of eps of Strike the Blood, pretty interesting and the characters are likeable :yep: It's a nice change with the action as I haven't see one in ages :hmmmm:

The characters made this series, really. It was fun to watch. :smile:

I've heard good things about Hyobu Kyosuke The Unlimited... maybe one day I'll be able to drag my way through the second half of Zettai Karen Children so that I can move on to this spin-off, as Kyosuke himself is about the only decent character in it. :s-smilie:

Original post by caraniel
Read you don't actually need the original series to enjoy the spin-off - proving pretty accurate. Never wanted to bother with Zettai Karen Children because it looked a bit meh, The Unlimited is proving to be a solid watch though.

I actually enjoyed watching Zettai Karen Children when it aired. Although Unlimited focuses on Hyobu (who Cara must love) and his group Pandra, Babel also feature later on with the old characters such as Minamoto and the girls. As such, it'll probably help if you've seen Zettai Karen Children, but as you say, it's not required. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by caraniel
Think I can manage 15eps a day handily enough on a day off - usually unintentionally. This weekend I polished off Girls und Panzer, which was surprisingly decent and I'm halfway through Hyobu Kyosuke The Unlimited at the moment which is pretty entertaining.

Indeed, rather entertaining show that looked like tosh initially (GuP). Almost bought it today in HMV with a gift card actually :ninja:
Bought The Girl Who Leapt Through Time on DVD today for £4 :biggrin: It seems to be rated quite highly and I had my eye on it for a while.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Bought The Girl Who Leapt Through Time on DVD today for £4 :biggrin: It seems to be rated quite highly and I had my eye on it for a while.

Great film, in my opinion, especially at such a low price! Made my Top 50. :yes:
Finished off Uninhabited Planet Survive and Hyouka - my thoughts on both series haven't changed much from my post two days ago, and I was satisfied with their final episodes. I'll be replacing them on my watching list with Kaleido Star and Space Symphony Maetel. :biggrin:

Also finished the Oedo wa Nemuranai manga... bit of a rushed mess, but a fun one. :p: Replacing that will be Half and Half (by Nanami Mao, not the Seo Kouji manga of the same name). :yes:

Irritatingly, it seems emanga.com is still having issues with members logging in. I've been unable to buy anything on there in weeks. Payday tomorrow, too. :s-smilie: Might invest in a new external hard drive, though. :beard:
Going to start reading/watching nodame cantabile. Wish me luck
Original post by keromedic

Both reading the manga and watching the anime, or have you just not decided which to go for yet? Hope you like it, if it's the former! :p:

It's not often I'll pick up a series in more than one medium at the same time (mostly because I like variation, I guess) - I'm currently both reading and watching Knights of Sidonia, but I picked up the manga before the anime was even announced. :yes: *3rd episode got subbed today, and the 8th volume arrived in the post this morning too* :biggrin:
I hope you guys are all watching Ping Pong because oh my gosh

Yay:
Ping Pong
Mushishi S2
JoJo

Happy:
Yowamushi Pedal
Baby Steps
Haikyuu! (So much sports!)

Mild feelings:
Captain Earth
Isshuukan Friends

Not enjoying:
Blade + Soul
WIXOSS
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
(edited 9 years ago)
Both reading the manga and watching the anime, or have you just not decided which to go for yet? Hope you like it, if it's the former! :p:

It's not often I'll pick up a series in more than one medium at the same time (mostly because I like variation, I guess) - I'm currently both reading and watching Knights of Sidonia, but I picked up the manga before the anime was even announced. :yes: *3rd episode got subbed today, and the 8th volume arrived in the post this morning too* :biggrin:

Tbh, I'm not sure. I'll research to see if the storylines are similar. If identical, manga first and then anime.
If different, anime first.

I'll also begin reading 666Devil666. I also got some recos a while back so I'll look back for stuff to load onto my kindle.

Oh lovely. Do you like it?
Had a brief break from my work last night and watched bits of:

Hetalia: Axis Powers & Toshokan Sensou aka Library Wars. I'll end up watching both whenever I can but Toshokan Sensou struck me as the far better choice, don't think i'm a fan of these short anime clips as much as a proper series.
Seems my patience is at an all time low this season - dropping things left right & centre - highly unusual behaviour for me given my "WATCH ALL THE THINGS!" mentality. Just can't summon up much enthusiasm for much this season - so it looks like yet another season with nothing to blog.....which really isn't good for the whole not letting my blog die thing....

Excited about Jojo's, Mushishi & Ping Pong but don't want to write about them weekly. Enjoying Haikyuu, Kamigami and Sidonia, but wouldn't have anything to talk about with those shows and everything else is in danger of being dropped unless they get more interesting ASAP. Not impressed this season at all at the moment, and it looked fairly promising at preview!
Oh lovely. Do you like it?

Very much. :yes:

Have to say my thoughts on the current anime season are mostly positive - I don't think anything's likely to break into my all-time Top 50, but there's still time. I'm currently rating seven Spring series 4/5 or over (Hitsugi no Chaika, Haikyuu!!, Knights of Sidonia, Break Blade, Gokukoku no Brynhildr, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin).
Very much. :yes:

Have to say my thoughts on the current anime season are mostly positive - I don't think anything's likely to break into my all-time Top 50, but there's still time. I'm currently rating seven Spring series 4/5 or over (Hitsugi no Chaika, Haikyuu!!, Knights of Sidonia, Break Blade, Gokukoku no Brynhildr, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin).

Thanks. I'll check these out.

Have you considered joining the TSR editing squad?

You could do the anime reviews/.
Thanks. I'll check these out.

Have you considered joining the TSR editing squad?

You could do the anime reviews/.

Can't say I know what the editing squad is, I'm afraid. :redface:

As for reviews, we had a dedicated thread for those several years back... my early reviews were short and terribly written, but I like to feel I'd gotten the hang of it by the end. :tongue: TBH I was probably better at writing then than I am now, possibly because I had more free time to dedicate to it. :sigh:
Really enjoying Haikyuu, but then again I just love sports animes :biggrin: I love the OP too. Kamigami isn't as bad as I'd thought it'd be! But it's so obvious she's going to end up with the blonde bishie. About to start Sindonia no Kishi. i've been hearing positive things about it so can't wait. Black bullet and Akuma no Riddle are coming along pretty well too, as well as Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (There's just something so appealing about seemingly perfect onii-chans :colone:)

You'll love it! I know I did. Even watched the live action movie lol. The main girl is just something else.
It's very odd, since returning here my anime viewing habits have dropped. I've been meaning to watch the last two episodes of the first box set of Mawaru Penguindrum for about two weeks now...

How is BTOOOM! by the way? I have the DVD set, and I have a hankering for a high action series, and maybe some fanservice to boot :mmm:
Been sifting through the charts for next season (seeing as i'm skipping the current one) and nothing caught my eye that much until I saw Rail Wars! Based in a Japan that didn't privatise its railways, some chap joins the security force there and does the usual SoL rubbish whilst apparently protecting it from an extremist group :lol:

I'm hoping this turns out to be a blend of Library Wars and Silver Spoon. Library Wars (so far in my watching) is managing to make an absurd concept relatively interesting, whilst Silver Spoon provided a huge amount of normally boring infomation in a way that made me want to become a farmer. Plus I agree with nationalisation anyway :colone:
Original post by Truered
How is BTOOOM! by the way? I have the DVD set, and I have a hankering for a high action series, and maybe some fanservice to boot :mmm:

I thought it was alright, and it certainly has action and fanservice... what it doesn't have is an ending. :s-smilie: Always a chance it'll get a sequel, I suppose. :dontknow:
Original post by Tai Ga
R
You'll love it! I know I did. Even watched the live action movie lol. The main girl is just something else.

Thank you. Didn't know there was one. But I am watching the live anime adaptation though.

Can't say I know what the editing squad is, I'm afraid. :redface:

As for reviews, we had a dedicated thread for those several years back... my early reviews were short and terribly written, but I like to feel I'd gotten the hang of it by the end. :tongue: TBH I was probably better at writing then than I am now, possibly because I had more free time to dedicate to it. :sigh:

It's called the Editing Team or something similar. It's basically ppl who edit in the TSR articles.

Thank you. I've read a few. You're good!

Latest

Trending

Trending