The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fap Note? Sounds so lewd man. Just what kinda stuff do people here read? :eek:

:colone:
Original post by Keoje
Fap Note? Sounds so lewd man. Just what kinda stuff do people here read? :eek:

:colone:

I duno man some guy recommended it to everyone on here a few years ago :dontknow:

:teeth:
Reply 8082
I never actually watched last years secret santa stuffs... Ive been putting off grave of the fireflies for years. :afraid: I forget the rest. :ahee:
A-P's 2013 awards seem to be dragging on... I keep checking back every few days, but the threads are still open. On the plus side, after re-reading the eligible OVAs, I was able to scrape three votes together... even if one of them was Nozoki Ana... and even that wasn't my 3rd place choice. :afraid:
Got my Reverse Thieves Secret Santa recommendations and have come to the conclusion that whoever got me must be a complete stranger. Two shows I've been actively avoiding (Robotics;Notes & Love Live) and one 80s mecha I've never heard of (Panzer World Galient). Obviously going to review the mecha show.
Original post by caraniel
Got my Reverse Thieves Secret Santa recommendations and have come to the conclusion that whoever got me must be a complete stranger. Two shows I've been actively avoiding (Robotics;Notes & Love Live) and one 80s mecha I've never heard of (Panzer World Galient). Obviously going to review the mecha show.

Haha, coincidentally I started Panzer World Galient myself two days ago (through my own choice), and am half way through it. :p: It's hardly Takahashi Ryousuke's greatest series, none of the politics of Fang of the Sun Dougram or mature characters of Blue Gender, but it's watchable enough.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Haha, coincidentally I started Panzer World Galient myself two days ago (through my own choice), and am half way through it. :p: It's hardly Takahashi Ryousuke's greatest series, none of the politics of Fang of the Sun Dougram or mature characters of Blue Gender, but it's watchable enough.

Considering I haven't actually seen any of Takahashi Ryousuke's previous series this is all the more amusing - they could have recommended the better shows instead!
I might end up regretting this, but I've signed up for a second Secret Santa myself, over on A-P's forums. :o: I'm supposed to be focusing on rewatching old series! Ah well, Christmas comes but once a year and all that. :p: And don't worry, TSR's will still take priority. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I might end up regretting this, but I've signed up for a second Secret Santa myself, over on A-P's forums. :o: I'm supposed to be focusing on rewatching old series! Ah well, Christmas comes but once a year and all that. :p: And don't worry, TSR's will still take priority. :smile:

Oh yeah I got a random invite to that too. Not going to join that one though, three would be pushing it for me considering I have 12 Days, Winter Preview & End of Year posts to write.........how do I do this crap every year?
Naruto manga :wow:

Think I started it in 2002 :moon:

I guess my knowledge of tsr smileys is fading away :emo:
Original post by Keoje
Naruto manga :wow:

Think I started it in 2002 :moon:

I guess my knowledge of tsr smileys is fading away :emo:

Lol the Naruto universe went corporate XD.
There's going to be a Naruto sequel manga in early 2015. It's going to be less than 30 chapters & most likely about Naruto as a father.
Original post by vin
I never actually watched last years secret santa stuffs... Ive been putting off grave of the fireflies for years. :afraid: I forget the rest. :ahee:

You wanna take part in this years?

I joined for last years A-P one but I didn't end up doing it in the end. Did this one instead :tongue:
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
I joined for last years A-P one but I didn't end up doing it in the end. Did this one instead :tongue:

I did have to stop and think about whether I could feasibly watch 4-6 series over a month or two (as I'm hoping to watch all three of my TSR ones, and at least one for A-P)... silly question really, when my current rate is ~10 eps a day :tongue: I've also requested my A-P Santa keep under 26 episodes, whereas I probably won't set a limit for this one.
After finishing Panzer World Galient TV, I made the mistake of moving on to the OVA (just the third ep, the first two were straight recap with nothing new added). It's been a long time since I watched anything that awful! I know it's supposed to be alternate universe, so isn't supposed to tie in with the plot of the main show in any way, but even as a standalone episode it made zero sense and provided little entertainment value. :yucky:

...anyway, with that out of the way, I've cleared my stalled/want to watch backlog to acceptable levels! And rather than pick up anything completely new, I'll be revisiting some old anime as I mentioned a few posts back. Starting with Elfen Lied~
Finished Elfen Lied, and it was actually as good as I remember it being. I blame Gokukoku no Brynhildr for being so bad it made me seriously doubt my rating for Okamoto Lynn's earlier anime adaptation. :mad:

Nichijou TV next~
:banana2:

Since it's the middle of the season, I'm revisiting a few of the Autumn series that I initially dropped (or watching them for the first time in the case of some later-airing anime). :yes: I quite liked the first two episodes of Sanzoku no Musume Ronja, but doubt I'll pick it up. Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru's first episode was intriguing, I'll watch another one or two eps before deciding what to do with it. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso... I feel as though I probably should like it, but it's not really doing anything for me so far. :s-smilie: Girl Friend Kari... dropped.

Hoping to check out the 2nd and 3rd eps of Tribe Cool Crew and Madan no Ou to Vanadis tomorrow, after which I'll probably make a final decision on what (if anything) to keep on. :beard:
[scrollr]:blah::blah::blah:[/scrollr]

Went with Tribe Cool Crew in the end, it's just so fun! :biggrin:

I was given the username and details for my Anime-Planet Secret Santa... a very specific request, which made it easier to narrow down all the possible series. :beard: I'll be receiving my own gifts a week tomorrow. :excited:

[scroll]:blah::blah::blah:[/scroll]
[scrollr]:centipe: :desu:[/scrollr]

I was able to add an extra minute to my life spent on anime while re-watching Nichijou, thanks to this commercial. :biggrin: I didn't realise KyoAni had done so many before the one that eventually became Free!

Obligatory Nichijou clip - I'm on episode 21 now, should finish it tonight or tomorrow, then it'll be on to Now and Then, Here and There I think. :beard:

I have to say once again how much I'm enjoying Parasyte. I didn't really expect anything much but I'm enjoying it far more than anything else I've watched.

Fate Stay Night has been quite slow since, well since the first two episodes really. I haven't watched the original, so I only have Fate Zero to compare it to, and it's not living up to that (yet! pls be yet). Spoilers up to episode 5

Spoiler

I watched and am now reading Claymore, and I've found that it really blows hot and cold. Sometimes it really wowed me and other times I struggled to keep going. It's got quite messy again towards the end of the manga unfortunately, but only about 10 chapters left now.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest