The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Judge Jasel
Ooh, nice! I might give Garden of Words a try :smile: the ending to 5cm was OK... but it did feel a little fluffy. I ended up looking up the meaning behind Takaki and Akari passing each other by at the train tracks. :tongue:

Hotarubi no Mori e is also about 40 minutes long if you want another short watch:tongue:.

I like the ending. The 2nd episode is often called the most boring part of the movie but I enjoyed it. The first episode with the train journey is by far the best part in my opinion.
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Opinions on gangsta, anyone?

Very good so far, though it's a bit slower paced than a lot of the new season's other anime. It still feels as though it's in its introductory stages, there's still a lot we don't know about the main characters and the city they live in etc. The combination of action, comedy and the intriguing cast are its strong points, and it gets away with showing a surprising amount of sex, drugs and violence with minimal censorship.

I'd say the Gangsta's main downside is the fact it's airing in the same season as Durarara!!x2 Ten, which is similar but IMO better (due to the larger and more developed cast).
I'm finally watching Death Note :woo:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Black Rose
I'm finally watching Death Note :woo:

Have fun... I hope it hasn't been spoiled for you.. I was watching it on YouTube and in the suggested videos there was a major spoiler 😲

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Very good so far, though it's a bit slower paced than a lot of the new season's other anime. It still feels as though it's in its introductory stages, there's still a lot we don't know about the main characters and the city they live in etc. The combination of action, comedy and the intriguing cast are its strong points, and it gets away with showing a surprising amount of sex, drugs and violence with minimal censorship.

I'd say the Gangsta's main downside is the fact it's airing in the same season as Durarara!!x2 Ten, which is similar but IMO better (due to the larger and more developed cast).

Yeah I just finished all 4 episodes and I think durarara is better... But I do want to know more about the city, like the dog tags

Thanks for your reply by the way, I guess it's an anime not many people have seen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Yeah I just finished all 4 episodes and I think durarara is better... But I do want to know more about the city, like the dog tags

Thanks for your reply by the way, I guess it's an anime not many people have seen?

Yeah, Gangsta's doing a good job of keeping my interest by revealing a little bit more each episode, while still keeping all the important stuff a mystery for now.

I don't know about here, but going by viewing counts on A-P, Gangsta is the most watched series of the season. I'm glad to see Rokka no Yuusha in a close second, though!
30 episodes into hajime no ippo and I have to say, its one of the most satisfying animes I've ever watched
Parasyte. It is Excellent. I think it was really good, and even though I couldn't enjoy it as well as I'd have liked to have done because I screwed up the viewing order by taking a huge break during exams, by the time I came to watching the rest of it, I felt it was a bit disjointed and I think the sentimental impact it managed to provoke when I was first watching it wasn't there but by the end it managed to finish it up neatly with some pretty important and meaningful things, I don't know what the popular opinion on it is, and frankly I don't care, but I think it's super cool. :smile:
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Parasyte. It is Excellent. I think it was really good, and even though I couldn't enjoy it as well as I'd have liked to have done because I screwed up the viewing order by taking a huge break during exams, by the time I came to watching the rest of it, I felt it was a bit disjointed and I think the sentimental impact it managed to provoke when I was first watching it wasn't there but by the end it managed to finish it up neatly with some pretty important and meaningful things, I don't know what the popular opinion on it is, and frankly I don't care, but I think it's super cool. :smile:

I heard alot about this anime .Is it any good ?
It really was, quite rare to see an anime series pull a stunt like that, but it worked out really well in their favour. I think if they're ever making a new season, they'll want to wait until they have sufficient new material to work with (i.e. more manga chapters). Just because it hasn't been announced, doesn't mean it can't happen :wink:

Another question.
Ive noticed on One piece and some other animes/manga they have this thing called a timeskip,what is that ?
I finished Assassination Classroom a few days ago and I can't get it out of my head. I simply adore Karma.

I'm currently watching XxxHolic (Ep3 Dubbed with my sister), SAO2 (Ep15 also Dubbed and with my sister), Tsubasa Chronicle (Ep 30), Tears to Tiara (Ep 12), Dragonball (Ep 6), Fairy Tail (Ep10), One Piece (Ep77), Inuyasha (Ep73) and Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo (Ep 34).

I aim to finish them all except One Piece (aiming for 250 episodes) and Dragonball (haven't decided how far I'm yet) before the end of summer.
Original post by Kadak
Another question.
Ive noticed on One piece and some other animes/manga they have this thing called a timeskip,what is that ?

It is literally what it sounds like - the story jumps forward either a couple of months or a couple of years. Usually it is done when the cast splits off to do individual training and then the story picks up again when they get back together again. It's a good way to shake things up since you can age the characters up, change their designs and give them new abilities - makes for a nice breath of fresh air especially in long running shounen series.
Original post by Kadak
Another question.

Had to look up the proper definition, though I know what you meant. (Death Note did it too)

Wiki: A timeskip is a narrative device that is commonly used in the telling of epics or sagas. It allows the storyteller to quickly age characters or develop events without getting bogged down in irrelevant or uninteresting details. Though time is commonly fast-forwarded in small amounts, timeskips usually refer to periods of several years or decades, wherein a pronounced change can be measured against the same characters, such as a child becoming an adult.

So basically, it's a way to keep the anime interesting without having to watch a bunch of boring in between. I mentioned Death Note, which jumped because the main protagonist was in control of things while the other protagonists needed to catch up. They also do that sometimes because pre-timeskip, they needed to explain a key part of the story, for example.
Had to look up the proper definition, though I know what you meant. (Death Note did it too)

Wiki: A timeskip is a narrative device that is commonly used in the telling of epics or sagas. It allows the storyteller to quickly age characters or develop events without getting bogged down in irrelevant or uninteresting details. Though time is commonly fast-forwarded in small amounts, timeskips usually refer to periods of several years or decades, wherein a pronounced change can be measured against the same characters, such as a child becoming an adult.

So basically, it's a way to keep the anime interesting without having to watch a bunch of boring in between. I mentioned Death Note, which jumped because the main protagonist was in control of things while the other protagonists needed to catch up. They also do that sometimes because pre-timeskip, they needed to explain a key part of the story, for example.

Ty.
Ive finished watching darker than black gemini and Im confused,does Hei kill Yin or does he just kill Izanami ?
Original post by Kadak
Ty.
Ive finished watching darker than black gemini and Im confused,does Hei kill Yin or does he just kill Izanami ?

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kadak
Ty.
Ive finished watching darker than black gemini and Im confused...

...Does that kinda make sense? I mean, the ending was ambiguous in its own right.

Can any spoilers be placed in spoiler tags, please? :smile:
So Izanami is just a weapon with Yin inside, just to iron things out.
One thing that could prove that Yin is dead is because near the end Yin appears (the one in the white suit) and asks Hei to kill her and it's ok, in the OVA she also says her final goodbye and confesses her feeling for Hei.

However, in the OVA Izanagi does say that he'll grant Yin's wish which would be to be with Hei and Izanagi did grant July's wish to be with Suou.

Does that kinda make sense? I mean, the ending was ambiguous in its own right.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Can any spoilers be placed in spoiler tags, please? :smile:

Oh sorry, I will for future references !
Original post by Kadak
Such a strange ending ,I just want Hei and Yin to be together I guess.This anime feels like it need a season 3 but even if it doesnt get one,I guess I could say this is meant to be a sort of open ending ?

An ending like that means one of two things:

Spoiler

An ending like that means one of two things:

Spoiler

Spoiler