The Student Room Group

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All!

~ New thread ~

-----------

Hello and welcome to the Anime Society on-topic discussion thread. :smile: This is the general thread where anything and everything about any anime or manga series can be discussed. Come here to give or receive anime recommendations, ask questions, or simply tell us about the series you're currently watching. Do try to keep on topic though, as anime is serious business.

For those wanting more relaxed discussion, not bound by any set topic, we have a chat thread here!:p:

To join the society officially, click here! Also, you can scroll down on that page for a full list of anime society affiliated threads (because two simply aren't enough). :cool:

Just a couple of small rules we'd appreciate if you kept to:

Please keep all spoilers in spoiler tags!

Links to streaming/download sites are against TSR rules. :sadnod: Linking to legal sources such as Crunchyroll or Animax TV is fine though.

AngryJellyfish, over and out.

-----------

~ New thread ~
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Those jellyfish are scary

Oh yeah I just joined :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
This is actually my first time posting here, even though i joined this society ages ago
Original post by Tsukuyomi
This is actually my first time posting here, even though i joined this society ages ago

Welcome to the society then. :biggrin: What sorts of anime series are you into? :smile:

When's the new anime forum becoming a reality?
Reply 5
I can't wait for new yaoi!
Original post by HilariousNinja

When's the new anime forum becoming a reality?

They keep telling us 'soon'. I'm not sure if that's soon in the forum upgrade sense (i.e half a year away), or whether they mean within a week or two.

Not sure what will become of this thread once we've got a whole forum for the ontopic discussion of anime, but I like to think it could still serve as a general thread for asking small questions. Because not everything warrants a whole new thread. :nah:
Reply 7
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Welcome to the society then. :biggrin: What sorts of anime series are you into? :smile:

Ive actually finished watching most of them ages ago.
The usual, hellsing, ippo, claymore, deathnote, tenjou tenge, shura no toki, naruto, bleach, kaze no stigma.

There is this one that ive forgotten the name, maybe you can help me out. Its basically about the son of a god who is brought down to earth to see how humans behave in order to understand them so that when he takes over from his dad, he would be a better god. Something like that.
Reply 8
The usual, hellsing, ippo, claymore, deathnote, tenjou tenge, shura no toki, naruto, bleach, kaze no stigma.

There is this one that ive forgotten the name, maybe you can help me out. Its basically about the son of a god who is brought down to earth to see how humans behave in order to understand them so that when he takes over from his dad, he would be a better god. Something like that.

The story plot is a lot similar to ergo proxy but sorry I can't be of any help this time :s

Sounds like Kamisama Kazoku to me; I haven't seen it myself, but your description matches the one on this site perfectly. :yes:

Sounds like Kamisama Kazoku to me; I haven't seen it myself, but your description matches the one on this site perfectly. :yes:

Yep its that one.
I watched it ages ago, but its one those anime that id like to watch again.
Reply 11

You should watch JunJou Romantica :yep: It's exciting coz there's a new one soon.

Original post by Juno
You should watch JunJou Romantica :yep: It's exciting coz there's a new one soon.

Nice, i will watch read about it then watch a few episodes to see whether i like it. :yep:
Reply 13

Nice, i will watch read about it then watch a few episodes to see whether i like it. :yep:

I bought the manga :smile: I now own 1, 2, 3 and 7. Well, 2 hasn't come yet :sad: The new one's called Hatdance and it's out next month :grin:
Reply 14
Gendou/Kyuubey is distrubing :afraid:

Missed the ending of my thread, better subscribe to this one~

......Ontopic; I've been on a Slayers binge after leaving the franchise alone for over a year - midway through Next, and have watched all the movies/OVAs.........tis fun :h:
They keep telling us 'soon'. I'm not sure if that's soon in the forum upgrade sense (i.e half a year away), or whether they mean within a week or two.

Not sure what will become of this thread once we've got a whole forum for the ontopic discussion of anime, but I like to think it could still serve as a general thread for asking small questions. Because not everything warrants a whole new thread. :nah:

Ah righty thanks.
Tbh I like this thread as it is. Other threads should be for popular noob shows like Bleach, Naruto etc.. Genre's and recommendation threads.
Original post by caraniel
Gendou/Kyuubey is distrubing :afraid:

Missed the ending of my thread, better subscribe to this one~

......Ontopic; I've been on a Slayers binge after leaving the franchise alone for over a year - midway through Next, and have watched all the movies/OVAs.........tis fun :h:

Great to see you're well enough to post again. :smile:

I'm now watching Magical Angel Creamy Mami. Unfortunate name, I know; the character named her magical girl identity after her parent's crepe store. Which itself is called Creamy Creap... Anyway, it's a surprisingly fun series. Excellent animation for its age - I've just finished watching Nuku Nuku Dash, and am also making my way through Kare Kano (both of which are 15 years newer), and they look terrible in comparison. The music is also very catchy, but since it focuses on a girl who turns into an idol (as opposed to one that fights to protect the universe) you'd hope for that much. :p:
Reply 17

Great to see you're well enough to post again. :smile:
She won't be soon :sadnod:
Original post by HilariousNinja
Ah righty thanks.
Tbh I like this thread as it is. Other threads should be for popular noob shows like Bleach, Naruto etc.. Genre's and recommendation threads.

We have tried to make threads for ongoing series in the past (Umineko, Trapeze, Fairy Tail and Bakuman to name a few). They haven't exactly caught on, though maybe they'd do better if they were in a dedicated anime subforum as opposed to buried somewhere in Entertainment. :dontknow: But yeah, aside from new series and the well known mainstream/classics, I doubt many series would be popular enough to keep a dedicated thread going.
Reply 19
mmm new thread, so shiny

Latest