Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any undergrads moving into Kingfisher hall in Lougborough?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to see if there is any undergrads moving into kingfisher hall this year. I didn't get the accommodation that I wanted and it was too expensive. So any freshers moving in?
    Also, if you have lived there before how is it like and are the rooms nice
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Anyone??
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've visited Kingfisher Hall a few times. It's a collection of several buildings, which are quite different. Some of the rooms are nicer than others. The people I know who lived there found it ok, and it's generally quieter than the main halls of residence. From my visits I got the impression that quite a few international students stay there, as well as some mature students who have moved to Loughborough from elsewhere. Some people from my course stayed there too who weren't mature students, so it's quite the mix. It's about the same distance from the Union as the Holt, and if you want to affiliate with a Hall for Freshers the closest ones would be the Holt (although I think this is no longer owned by the Uni), Towers and Butler Court.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSUFever)
    I've visited Kingfisher Hall a few times. It's a collection of several buildings, which are quite different. Some of the rooms are nicer than others. The people I know who lived there found it ok, and it's generally quieter than the main halls of residence. From my visits I got the impression that quite a few international students stay there, as well as some mature students who have moved to Loughborough from elsewhere. Some people from my course stayed there too who were'nt mature students, so it's quite the mix. It's about the same distance from the Union as the Holt, and if you want to affiliate with a Hall for Freshers the closest ones would be the Holt (although I think this is no longer owned by the Uni), Towers and Butler Court.
    Thank you !
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSUFever)
    I've visited Kingfisher Hall a few times. It's a collection of several buildings, which are quite different. Some of the rooms are nicer than others. The people I know who lived there found it ok, and it's generally quieter than the main halls of residence. From my visits I got the impression that quite a few international students stay there, as well as some mature students who have moved to Loughborough from elsewhere. Some people from my course stayed there too who weren't mature students, so it's quite the mix. It's about the same distance from the Union as the Holt, and if you want to affiliate with a Hall for Freshers the closest ones would be the Holt (although I think this is no longer owned by the Uni), Towers and Butler Court.
    Oh, I have question. Are they a lot of first and second year students there? I do want to affiliate with Halls for fresher but how do I do that. I hope I'm not the only first year student there. If I knew about holt I would have booked a room there instead. Oh wells. What course do you do?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mercy.O)
    Oh, I have question. Are they a lot of first and second year students there? I do want to affiliate with Halls for fresher but how do I do that. I hope I'm not the only first year student there. If I knew about holt I would have booked a room there instead. Oh wells. What course do you do?
    You won't be the only fresher there, but I don't think there are lots - I think there are more 2nd years than Freshers in Kingfisher. You affiliate by buying a hall affiliation through www.lsu.co.uk and searching for the hall page. Check the descriptions first as I'm on my phone and doing this from memory, but I think it's called something like freshers affiliation or external fresher affiliation.

Don't worry about being left out - Keep your eyes and ears open and ask people what's going on although I'm arguably a little biased I'd highly recommend joining societies to meet new people and to get involved in fun events (check the lsu societies thread).

And as for your last question, I'm a physicist.

Edit: sorry for abrupt ending, I was on a train that was about to go underground I'm a physicist, but I know a lot of people from other courses through societies and campus events. The LSU Societies Thread can be found here. Feel free to ask more questions as you think of them!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 27, 2014
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.